• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved HULU series season mismatch

walstib

Might have been reported, but: Using 1.5.2.5

Downloading American Dad Season 9

The episodes that are downloaded are actually Season 10

The filename reflects "season 9", the episode title in the filename is the season 10 title, and the downloaded video is the season 10 episode.

Please post a log file, that show has 17 seasons and they all seem to be there.

Actually the Seasons 9 are correct , and so is season 10

The above correlates to Season 9, and Season 10 is the same, they both correlate correctly.

Figured it out. The Television Database (thetvdb.com) and The Movie Database (themoviedb.org) and Wikipedia show Season 10 to what Hulu shows as Season 9 (and checking other seasons, generally off by 1).

The TVDB and TMDB are very common scrapers for television series metadata and so Plex, JRiver Media Center, and Dune-HD devices (all of which I use) index these as per what the TVDB/TMDB report.

So AS is downloading the correct file, and naming the file correctly per what HULU reports. Scraping meta-data into the above apps however tags the episodes differently.

Not an AS problem as far as I am concerned; Curious why the mismatch all the same between HULU, Wikipedia, TMBD, TVDB, and Rotten Tomatoes (which agrees with HULU). It's not a "DVD" vs "AIRED" order problem either....

Feel free to close this thread.

Thank you, Rotten Tomatoes is a good source for this information. I will make this issue resolved. I am happy you have it sorted.

As a follow-up: Season 1 and Season 2 as reported by TVDB, TMDB, and Wikipedia are combined into Season 1 on Hulu, Amazon, IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes.

I think it has to do with how the show aired with Season 1 being 7 episodes ending in June 2005 while Season 2 picked back up in September 2005 with 16 episides (thus Hulu showing 23 episodes for Season 1). Even the DVD is different for "Season 1" which is called "volume 1" and is 13 episodes.

Oh well. Not important; some TV shows like Firefly and Futurama are also a mess when it comes to aired order vs production order.

Back