• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HULU- "Not available with your subscription"

ZARTT

When HULU opens with Any Stream, there are complete categories that are greyed out, and the message "Not available with your subscription" is displayed if one of the greyed items is chosen. I have a full subscription to HULU, so the message is unjustified.
There are also some categories that are completely available, and are displayed in color. These category films will download without error.
This behavior was present with release 1.2.7.0, and persists with 1.2.8.0.
If I bring up HULU on the Roku streamer, all choices in all categories are available.
I reverted back to release 1.2.2.0 as a test with the same results.
I know for a fact that before the DRM drama, I was able to download anything I wanted from HULU.
A test film that I previously got without problem, is now greyed out, and will throw that message.
Here is a screen save of the behavior.
What else should I send to you?

Attachments

• image_2021-12-25_131531.png
    image_2021-12-25_131531.png
    635.5 KB · Views: 14
When HULU opens with Any Stream, there are complete categories that are greyed out, and the message "Not available with your subscription" is displayed if one of the greyed items is chosen. I have a full subscription to HULU, so the message is unjustified.
There are also some categories that are completely available, and are displayed in color. These category films will download without error.
This behavior was present with release 1.2.7.0, and persists with 1.2.8.0.
If I bring up HULU on the Roku streamer, all choices in all categories are available.
I reverted back to release 1.2.2.0 as a test with the same results.
I know for a fact that before the DRM drama, I was able to download anything I wanted from HULU.
A test film that I previously got without problem, is now greyed out, and will throw that message.
Here is a screen save of the behavior.
What else should I send to you?

Remember HULU is now allowing you to purchase other providers through their interface. I had the same thing happen but when I traced it, it turned out the media was available through another provider via HULU. If I purchased the provider through HULU I would then get the media. So yes, there is a reason. I found this in AP, too.

Remember HULU is now allowing you to purchase other providers through their interface. I had the same thing happen but when I traced it, it turned out the media was available through another provider via HULU. If I purchased the provider through HULU I would then get the media. So yes, there is a reason. I found this in AP, too.

I understand the other provider choice, and have availed myself of it in the past.
But if you look at the screen shot, the complete line of choices are greyed out.
There is no opportunity given to make a purchase from another provider.
When I log in to HULU without A/S, all of the previously greyed out choices are available for viewing without invoking another provider.
Your explanation of your situation, while worthy of note, does not fit my situation in the least.
Art

There are usually some Hulu items that are only available with the very expensive "Live" option but there are some affected by the DRM change. Hulu is is like Amazon and Disney Plus in that some items require payment or another subscription (unlike Netflix and HBO MAX where everything is available).

There are usually some Hulu items that are only available with the very expensive "Live" option

"The very expensive live option", as you state, is available to watch live TV broadcasts along with your streaming service.
If you read my response in post #3, and the thread that @Wheatley provided in post #4, you will see that your response does not apply to this problem description.
Art

There are usually some Hulu items that are only available with the very expensive "Live" option

"The very expensive live option", as you state, is available to watch live TV broadcasts along with your streaming service.
If you read my response in post #3, and the thread that @Wheatley provided in post #4, you will see that your response does not apply to this problem description.
Art

They also pulled a lot of titles you would normally have access to and put them behind the "Live TV" pay wall.

They also pulled a lot of titles you would normally have access to and put them behind the "Live TV" pay wall.

There is no "Live TV" paywall here.
The items that are not available through AnyStream, are readily available when chosen via a browser, or chosen through my Roku streamer.
So... no paywall, no "Live option", no other providers.
I can't make it any clearer than that.
Art

There is no "Live TV" paywall here.
The items that are not available through AnyStream, are readily available when chosen via a browser, or chosen through my Roku streamer.
Art

If you are saying what I think you are I just made a post on the same thing. That being titles that are available to your regular Hulu subscriber but are greyed out in AS.

You dont need to mate. I have access to Hulu with Live TV option and ALL addons. In AS there is still certain titles and full sections grayed out

If you are saying what I think you are
Please read the preceding posts, #1, and #4 completely.
That is exactly what I am saying. No thinking about it.
I described the behavior clearly in post #1 yesterday, and @Wheatly described the identical behavior clearly, in a thread he supplied in post #4 a couple of days ago.
Both his post, and mine, were supplied with a screen save for visual proof.
Art

Please read the preceding posts, #1, and #4 completely.
That is exactly what I am saying. No thinking about it.
I described the behavior clearly in post #1 yesterday, and @Wheatly described the identical behavior clearly, in a thread he supplied in post #4 a couple of days ago.
Both his post, and mine, were supplied with a screen save for visual proof.
Art

No need to get your undergarments in a twist I just agreed with you and even created my own post on it.

The only conclusion I can draw from this complete thread, is that no responder so far has read completely through the original post.
No twisted underwear here, strictly your perception.

Same issue here (random grayed out movies, including the entire "Movies for You" category). I think I first noticed some grayed out options a version or two back and didn't look into it then. Recently when I looked the couple I spot-checked (that play fine on my phone or via Roku) also started out with a commercial and said "offered for free with Ads by <company>" or something along those lines (e.g., "Yes Man" started out this way - begins with ad on phone, grayed out in AS) and I just assumed that was the reason they were grayed out in AS... but, as one example, Flight is grayed out for me in AS but plays fine on my phone and does not have any ads. Could be a combination of things going on.

Back