• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Hulu audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hulu known for using AAC-SBR as a primary / preferred compressor for audio? It seems the only option I have on many shows is AAC-SBR @ 64/68, even with FHD video being available. I'm not seeing DD+ 224 which seems to be common with Amazon, at least from my experience. The quality is...meh. It doesn't sound like a quality compressor was used, or I'm spoiled by CoreAudio at this bitrate...

-AK

Is Hulu known for using AAC-SBR as a primary / preferred compressor for audio? It seems the only option I have on many shows is AAC-SBR @ 64/68, even with FHD video being available. I'm not seeing DD+ 224 which seems to be common with Amazon, at least from my experience. The quality is...meh. It doesn't sound like a quality compressor was used, or I'm spoiled by CoreAudio at this bitrate...

-AK
We download whats on the site.

-AK
Please also check here:

And here:

Please also check here:

And here:
thank you, tectpro . :thankyou:

Thank you! No complaints on this end. I found the original DVDs to compare against, and the source audio on the first series was DD 2.0, so AAC-SBR is certainly appropriate.

For what it's worth, Hulu via Disney offers 128 kb/s AAC LC 2.0 audio. But for some reason, none of the Hulu content shows up on Anystream's Disney tab, even when searching for a specific title. Not sure if this change has been taken into account by AS.

But for some reason, none of the Hulu content shows up on Anystream's Disney tab, even when searching for a specific title. Not sure if this change has been taken into account by AS.
You can follow the steps here if you bought Hulu and Disney+
Code:
 https://help.disneyplus.com/article/disneyplus-en-us-login-hulu

If you had Hulu before, you need to close Anystream first.
Run the script here and delete the Hulu registry key.

Start Anystream. Add Hulu separately in its tab via Anystream settings.
Take over the browser cookies, and voila, it should work.
Sometimes, you need to reload it via F5 to get all the Audio Bitrates inside Hulu.

I have been all over the map with Hulu. I have had times where I try to download a TV show and it it gives me the 2-channel audio but if I cancel and try again it gives 5.1.

I have seen this as well if I originally try to queue up an entire season then cancel and try an individual episode. Each individual episode will give me 5.1, but queuing up the season only gives me stereo.

I am not at all suggesting that AS is to blame. I'm just illustrating what was said earlier in that we get what they give:
We download whats on the site.

@tectpro

I have a Hulu account with the Disney+ add-on. On the browser I can log into disneyplus .com with my Hulu credentials and view all of the Hulu content there. For example, the show "Malcolm in the Middle" it's on Hulu but I can view it on D+. On Anystream, it does not show up when searching for it. I already had done the steps on the help page, I already tried clearing the registry keys, etc and Hulu content still does not show up on when accessing D+ on AnyStream. No big deal for me, I have been using alternate methods to download from D+ (and not SlowFab :LOL: ). I just wanted to point out that you can get more consistent audio (128aac or 256 eac3) from Hulu when accessed through disneyplus. com.

disney-hulu.jpg

Last edited:
@tectpro

I have a Hulu account with the Disney+ add-on. On the browser I can log into disneyplus .com with my Hulu credentials and view all of the Hulu content there. For example, the show "Malcolm in the Middle" it's on Hulu but I can view it on D+. On Anystream, it does not show up when searching for it. I already had done the steps on the help page, I already tried clearing the registry keys, etc and Hulu content still does not show up on when accessing D+ on AnyStream. No big deal for me, I have been using alternate methods to download from D+ (and not SlowFab :LOL: ). I just wanted to point out that you can get more consistent audio (128aac or 256 eac3) from Hulu when accessed through disneyplus. com.

View attachment 78469
Yeah, I know what you mean.
Wanted to point out a way to access the Hulu content in the Hulu tab when you have the D+ Hulu Bundle.

One thing I noticed on D+ that it shows Hulu with a small Beta logo. Maybe because its still new.

In the middle of a season download test, the queue errored out with a message stating the content was not available or requires payment. It captured the first 18 episodes. Now it will not capture anything. I have the Disney+ 3-tier (Disney + ESPN + Hulu) without ads. It was working fine for several days prior to this error. Thoughts? I can certainly upload a log file...

On the plus side, DD+ 640 became available. 👍

This can be closed as a 'Not an AS+ Issue' - the problem is on our end and is not an AS+ malfunction. We are working on a solution for Hulu only - all other downstream providers continue to work perfect for us. Sorry for the oops on this one!

This can be closed as a 'Not an AS+ Issue' - the problem is on our end and is not an AS+ malfunction. We are working on a solution for Hulu only - all other downstream providers continue to work perfect for us. Sorry for the oops on this one!
Okay if thats what you want. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back