• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Hulu ad-supported plan

mcdona922

Hi folks,

Firstly, apologies if this is resurrecting an old topic.

I was going to sign up to HULU as there are a few shows on there that I can't find here in UK. Just wondring if I need to purchase the ad-free plan to work with Anystream, Plus, or is the less expesive ad-supported plan also compatible?

Thanks in adnvance.

Hi mcdona922,

I would *try* the advert free first and then cancel during their trial period, any Proxy settings/VPN (unsupported here if issues encountered) usage & needs would best be answered by others, since I don't use those due to being in US. :)

Last edited:
I think it ought to work, and would suggest trying it before going for the ad-free version. I know Anystream removes the ads on Paramount+'s ad-supported version, and from Freevee and Youtube videos, so I would presume it would do the same for Hulu.

I think it ought to work, and would suggest trying it before going for the ad-free version. I know Anystream removes the ads on Paramount+'s ad-supported version, and from Freevee and Youtube videos, so I would presume it would do the same for Hulu.
Hulu has roaming ads that will not download if you are downloading at the time they are advertising in your region. Disney+ also.

Thanks folks for all the input, it's much appreciated. (y)

I managed to grab a free trial of the top tier, without ads, version and it's been downloading without issue. I'll switch to the ad-suuported version after the 30 days and see how it goes. So far, the only downside has been the low bitrate on the audio for some content, but that's clearly a Hulu thing not AS.

I have been using ad supported Hulu before Anystream had been introduced and not once have I had an issue with AS downloads. But you should be aware that Hulu Live TV has (or had? I don't see much of this anymore) content that is displayed on the Hulu tab that you cannot access. You will see it greyed out, so you easily recognize these entries.

Back