How to make protected Blu Ray Copies?

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by Scott Adams, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Scott Adams

Scott Adams Member

I've looked through posts and tutorials and I am still confused.

Is there a way to make a backup copy of a commercial protected Blu Ray disk that will work in a Blu ray player without also having AnyDVD running during Playback?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

AnyDVD can create protected ISO's just fine, which technically you can burn straight back to disc or mount the ISO if you wanted to. You'll have your protected backup. But it will NOT play in any player. That's the whole point of a copy protection.

CloneBD itself is a fully legal application, and cannot and never will process copy protected content.

Scott Adams likes this.
  3. Scott Adams

Scott Adams Member

Ok, thanks that helps. So unlike DVD's where the copy protection can just be removed, I will still need to playback the Blu Ray on a PC with anyDVD. Got it!

So CloneBD is more about changing the video formats etc. You still need AnyDVD to play back the converted versions.

Is that correct? Or is there more to it? I have AnyDVD and just trying to figure out if i have a need for CloneBD.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sure.

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No. If you create a disc with CloneBD, the disc will play anywhere.

6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

CloneBD requires the source that it's opening to be decrypted. AnyDVD can do this in realtime. The output of CloneBD is always unprotected (and therefore usable by a blu-ray player) because it requires the input to be unprotected. Hope that helps clear it up.

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It's no different for bd's. Once your remove the protection, it can be played.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk