• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to make protected Blu Ray Copies?

Scott Adams

I've looked through posts and tutorials and I am still confused.

Is there a way to make a backup copy of a commercial protected Blu Ray disk that will work in a Blu ray player without also having AnyDVD running during Playback?

AnyDVD can create protected ISO's just fine, which technically you can burn straight back to disc or mount the ISO if you wanted to. You'll have your protected backup. But it will NOT play in any player. That's the whole point of a copy protection.

CloneBD itself is a fully legal application, and cannot and never will process copy protected content.

Ok, thanks that helps. So unlike DVD's where the copy protection can just be removed, I will still need to playback the Blu Ray on a PC with anyDVD. Got it!

So CloneBD is more about changing the video formats etc. You still need AnyDVD to play back the converted versions.

Is that correct? Or is there more to it? I have AnyDVD and just trying to figure out if i have a need for CloneBD.

I've looked through posts and tutorials and I am still confused.

Is there a way to make a backup copy of a commercial protected Blu Ray disk that will work in a Blu ray player without also having AnyDVD running during Playback?
Sure.

Ok, thanks that helps. So unlike DVD's where the copy protection can just be removed, I will still need to playback the Blu Ray on a PC with anyDVD. Got it!

So CloneBD is more about changing the video formats etc. You still need AnyDVD to play back the converted versions.

Is that correct? Or is there more to it? I have AnyDVD and just trying to figure out if i have a need for CloneBD.
No. If you create a disc with CloneBD, the disc will play anywhere.

CloneBD requires the source that it's opening to be decrypted. AnyDVD can do this in realtime. The output of CloneBD is always unprotected (and therefore usable by a blu-ray player) because it requires the input to be unprotected. Hope that helps clear it up.

It's no different for bd's. Once your remove the protection, it can be played.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back