• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to feed reclock for TrueHD, DTSHD, EAC3 bitstream?

it's chinese, and yes you need 4 tokens on the forum to download it...no idea how to get those.

I am registered to the site. But I need to deposit some RMB for the tokens to download the spec. The title says that the document is 'Draft version for vote by IEC committe'. And I suspect that the content is in English.

Required money is not mush and I can ask my friends in China to deposit. If this is really necesary I can my friend tonight.

PM me if it is necessary.

Iec 61937

There seems to be nine parts of the IEC 61937 standard that are publicly available (at a cost). These include specifications for:
AC-3
EAC-3
DTS
Mpeg audio
AAC
Atrac
WMA
MAT

Might be that access to specifications for TrueHD and DTS HD transport formats have been restricted.

Might be that access to specifications for TrueHD and DTS HD transport formats have been restricted.

Technical Bulletin Dolby True HD Transmission over the HDMI interface
This document is available under licence from Dolby Laboratories Licencing Corporation.

Yeah. Seems so.

Last edited:
Hi again James,

I have a technical question on wasapi mode on your audio renderer.

When you are in wasapi, how do you feed the audio driver ? You just pass the directshow structure with the same media types, tags... to the driver ?

Also do you know if there are hidden audio endpoints for HDMI 1.3 cards (graphic or audio cards) to be used for bitstream ?

Otherwise, I can tell you that HD audio bitstream implementation is very similar to SPDIF. The encapsulation format is the same actually, only the format type changes.
So basically you could add support for Microsoft HD audio mediatypes as you did for AC3. I can supply you all the information that you need if you are interested

Regards

Damien

knowing Slysoft they are always watching developments and anticipate on this so I think James will present a new Reclock as soon as he has time for it. Good work btw Albain!

ffdshow is on Beta13 now. I have a feeling we are close!
Slyplayer/Powerdvd/TMT3, here comes MPC-HC/ffdshow! :clap::clap:

There's a lot of work left to be done. The audio renderer for example, isn't yet complete. There's no support for DTS-HD MA yet, either. However, if the TrueHD hurdle can be overcome this will indeed be quite remarkable. Especially if it works for the 4xxx cards which it's looking like it might.

Nice to see that my idea is working. ;)

Hi again James,

I have a technical question on wasapi mode on your audio renderer.
When you are in wasapi, how do you feed the audio driver ? You just pass the directshow structure with the same media types, tags... to the driver ?
Yes, but be prepared that the driver rejects the format. Are you doing your own Wasapi exclusive renderer? Use polling with a separate thread and a small audio buffer (I use 50ms). Nothing else will work reliably.

Also do you know if there are hidden audio endpoints for HDMI 1.3 cards (graphic or audio cards) to be used for bitstream ?
Not that I know of.

Otherwise, I can tell you that HD audio bitstream implementation is very similar to SPDIF. The encapsulation format is the same actually, only the format type changes.
So basically you could add support for Microsoft HD audio mediatypes as you did for AC3.
Will do.

I can supply you all the information that you need if you are interested
Thanks, this would be greatly appreciated.

Yea, so FIX ReClock so it'll accept what's being passed through already so we can use ReClock as the renderer! :p

Very funny. That's the plan. :doh:

Very funny. That's the plan. :doh:

GRIN! :D Just giving you a hard time. I've been trying to help albain test tihs for the past week or so to see if he can get it working. For some reason it keeps crashing MPC on me and I don't think it should be. If I could use ReClock as the audio renderer I'd feel a bit more confident about my setup.

this goes for me too

We'll get there. James is aware of it so I'm sure when he gets time it'll get worked on. This is very exciting though. Especially since it seems like bitstreaming will possibly work on the 4xxx cards, too.

I see no reason why it shouldn't work in our 5870s. You gonna give me your Xonar? I need a new frisbee. ;)

LOL. :) No, the Xonar's going in the bedroom machine as it has far better analog output than my current solution.

Back