How do I remove this software?

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by Burg, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Burg

Burg New Member

Hi,

How do I remove Game Jackal? I don't recall installing it so I suppose it came with another piece software. Regardless I would like it removed from my system and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this. Help please.

Thanks in advance.

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

go to the control panel>>>click on add/remove programs look for Game Jackal.

3. Burg

Burg New Member

Thank you for your help, unfortinitly Game Jackal does not show up as a program nor in the add/remove panel so I can't uninstall it the usual way. It does however show up in the registry and after I delete it, it reappears so I guess its reinstalling itself some how.

4. evlncrn8

evlncrn8 Well-Known Member

and the files are physically present on the hdd? somehow i think your concept of the software reinstalling itself is rediculous - its not a silent install, its gui, so you'd see it...

just because you might have some registry information does not imply the program is actually installed, it just means it was (or still is.. possibly) at one stage...

its pretty easy to spot if game jackal is running...

5. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

Game Jackal does not come with any other software. If it's on your machine... someone has put it there.

6. Tom

Tom Redfox Team Member Staff Member

Or maybe it's not SlySoft GsameJackal ???

7. Burg

Burg New Member

I have done a search on the HDD for both Game Jackal and Slysoft and both searches came back with nothing. I agree that it should be easy to spot and I have checked all the "running programs" and nothing shows up. I'm at a loss on how I got the program and why after deleting it from the registry it shows up again, but yet its still there. I suppose the only reason that I want to remove it is to Play "Frontlines" which I brought yesterday, and it wont let me.

8. Burg

Burg New Member

Well in the registry it shows up as

slysoft -
    Game Jackal

9. linus2003

linus2003 Well-Known Member

A possible virus/worm/trojan?

Could be a computer virus 'pretending' to be Game Jackal...

10. evlncrn8

evlncrn8 Well-Known Member

could be, but somehow i think that possibility would be quite rare...