• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I remove this software?

Burg

Hi,

How do I remove Game Jackal? I don't recall installing it so I suppose it came with another piece software. Regardless I would like it removed from my system and I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this. Help please.

Thanks in advance.

go to the control panel>>>click on add/remove programs look for Game Jackal.

Thank you for your help, unfortinitly Game Jackal does not show up as a program nor in the add/remove panel so I can't uninstall it the usual way. It does however show up in the registry and after I delete it, it reappears so I guess its reinstalling itself some how.

and the files are physically present on the hdd? somehow i think your concept of the software reinstalling itself is rediculous - its not a silent install, its gui, so you'd see it...

just because you might have some registry information does not imply the program is actually installed, it just means it was (or still is.. possibly) at one stage...

its pretty easy to spot if game jackal is running...

Game Jackal does not come with any other software. If it's on your machine... someone has put it there.

Or maybe it's not SlySoft GsameJackal ???

and the files are physically present on the hdd? somehow i think your concept of the software reinstalling itself is rediculous - its not a silent install, its gui, so you'd see it...

just because you might have some registry information does not imply the program is actually installed, it just means it was (or still is.. possibly) at one stage...

its pretty easy to spot if game jackal is running...

I have done a search on the HDD for both Game Jackal and Slysoft and both searches came back with nothing. I agree that it should be easy to spot and I have checked all the "running programs" and nothing shows up. I'm at a loss on how I got the program and why after deleting it from the registry it shows up again, but yet its still there. I suppose the only reason that I want to remove it is to Play "Frontlines" which I brought yesterday, and it wont let me.

A possible virus/worm/trojan?

Could be a computer virus 'pretending' to be Game Jackal...

could be, but somehow i think that possibility would be quite rare...

Back