• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hitman - BD+

Thank you for your valuable info. I guess I am the lucky one that only Hitman so far having the problem. All my BD/BD+ titles I can play without a problem. Thanks again.

The "old" way of doing it still works fine. That is to make an ISO of it, mount it with Daemon Tools, and play it with PowerDVD 3319a. You shouldn't have a problem with that. This is the only title that you need to do that with at this point in time.

The "old" way of doing it still works fine. That is to make an ISO of it, mount it with Daemon Tools, and play it with PowerDVD 3319a. You shouldn't have a problem with that. This is the only title that you need to do that with at this point in time.

Many many thanks.

I have tried a couple of the methods listed here. I have 3319a. When I make my ISO and mount with Daemon Tools Lite I try to run thru 2219a I get the following:

WARNING: This player is not equipped with the latest firmware....

Made ISO's with both CloneCD and ImgBurn confirmed the 2.5 for ImgBurn

Mounted again and tried to RIP a second time however

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.4.0.0)
QB3855Y OFA074A 1.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 10674816 sectors (20849 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: HITMAN
Media is not AACS protected.
Media is BD+ protected!
Failed to remove BD+, Error 999!

I am in the process of pulling down Ultra 3730a to give this a try

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hitman is the only title with issues with anydvd hd right now we'll have to wait for an update probably next week.

Are you SURE you're getting that error in 3319a?? That seems rather odd. I have not tried it myself in 3319a as I don't particularly want to mess with a working system. I can tell you right now 3730a will be of no help until a new version of AnyDVD is released to remove the BD+ protection from this title. You may not have a choice but to wait until that happens I'm afraid.

Thanks very much for the input. Will wait and hopefully update will fix this issue.

Hitman plays using this method? I seriously doubt it. But don't worry, we can and we will fix the problem, as we already know exactly why it doesn't work.
Unfortunately Peer will be unavailable during the Easter holiday, and I have to do a little "catch up" on some new DVD protections which weren't cracked because of my involvement integrating BD+ into the AnyDVD framework.
But I am confident the problem will be solved pretty soon.

James Thanks so much and I know I have said this before you and Slysoft go way beyond any support I have ever encountered.

Hitman plays using this method? I seriously doubt it. But don't worry, we can and we will fix the problem, as we already know exactly why it doesn't work.
Unfortunately Peer will be unavailable during the Easter holiday, and I have to do a little "catch up" on some new DVD protections which weren't cracked because of my involvement integrating BD+ into the AnyDVD framework.
But I am confident the problem will be solved pretty soon.

I just assumed it would. As I said, I didn't test it so I didn't know for sure. All the other BD+ titles used to work like that. In any case, I'm glad you know what the issue is and look forward to having a fix for it. That'll rock.

I just assumed it would. As I said, I didn't test it so I didn't know for sure. All the other BD+ titles used to work like that. In any case, I'm glad you know what the issue is and look forward to having a fix for it. That'll rock.

The issue is, that Hitman checks, if AACS is still present (yes, BD+ code can do this), and this check certainly won't succeed from a Daemon Tools image.
AnyDVD HD currently doesn't support the VM commands, because no other disc used them, so we didn't know they exist.
Shouldn't be a big deal, just a lot of typing.

As a matter of fact, your recommendation to rip Blu-ray discs with CloneCD & Co. and AnyDVD *disabled* turns out to be a brilliant idea. AnyDVD HD will not be able to remove BD+ from unprotected images of Hitman, only from the original disc or images created with the "Samuri-method(tm)", as the BD+ code on Hitman will not work correctly if AACS was already removed.

The issue is, that Hitman checks, if AACS is still present (yes, BD+ code can do this), and this check certainly won't succeed from a Daemon Tools image.
AnyDVD HD currently doesn't support the VM commands, because no other disc used them, so we didn't know they exist.

As a matter of fact, your recommendation to rip Blu-ray discs with CloneCD & Co. and AnyDVD *disabled* turns out to be a brilliant idea. AnyDVD HD will not be able to remove BD+ from unprotected images of Hitman, only from the original disc or images created with the "Samuri-method(tm)", as the BD+ code on Hitman will not work correctly if AACS was already removed.

That's awesome news. Yea, I like ripping with the full protection because you never know. I usually only recommend it to others for testing but I'm glad it proves to be useful.

James, is there a way to just decrypt the m2ts file? It would be useful to have the m2ts file decrypted (since we can just play these directly in MPC or re-author to BD-R)...of course we wouldn't be using the menus and such...but at least it gets us the movie decrypted.

Can this be done? Perhaps implemented as a 'temporary' workaround?

James, is there a way to just decrypt the m2ts file? It would be useful to have the m2ts file decrypted (since we can just play these directly in MPC or re-author to BD-R)...of course we wouldn't be using the menus and such...but at least it gets us the movie decrypted.

Can this be done? Perhaps implemented as a 'temporary' workaround?
Hitman at the moment? No. Certainly yes, if we fix the problem.

Hitman at the moment? No. Certainly yes, if we fix the problem.
Ah ok, I just thought from your reply, the problem was that the disc VM checks for AACS. So to me that sounded like the decryption of the m2ts file is possible, but to play it back with the menus, it checks for AACS not allowing playback. My mistake.....

If you happen to have made a copy of your Hitman Bluray Disc and lend it to a friend, ask your friend to quickly return with your Disc and Copy the AACS folder to your backup of Hitman.

Then make an .iso with imgburn (udf 2.5) and let AnyDVD HD 6.4.0.3 do its magic so you can play Hitman on your HDCP-less devices!

:doh: Sony/FOX.

So, my friend kinda went away with that BD for a couple of weeks... Any chance one of you guys could send me that folder?

So, my friend kinda went away with that BD for a couple of weeks... Any chance one of you guys could send me that folder?

If it's ok with the moderators I will post a Rapidshare link.

If it's ok with the moderators I will post a Rapidshare link.

No. That's not o.k. This is not a place to be linking movie files back and forth, even if it is just the protection. :policeman:

Sorry, i didn't intend to make any trouble here, I just forgot to make a Backup of that folder... So I guess I have to wait until he comes back, huh? :/

Back