• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hitman - BD+

Interesting... If I return to original state, remove (0000.*) It plays back exactly the same as replacing the BDSVM folders.

If you remove the first file (0000.*) in the BDVSM folder, you will still get the "need to update firmware for this player" message, but at the bottom will appear a CONTINUE link that you can use to get past this screen.

HOWEVER, you can get all the way to the HITMAN menu, but PowerDVD shuts off right after the Fox logo presentation screen (the one with the music) right before the movie would start playing.

If you get rid of the first and second folder (00001.*) is the second, then you get to the same point as before, but a notice pops up saying a buffer overrun has occurred and PowerDVD must now close.

If you get rid of all three files (0000.*,00001.*,0002.*) then you get to the same point (right before the movie), but powerdvd just locks up.

Maybe some enterprising, bright hacker can use that buffer overrun to get us to actually playing the movie:bowdown:

(Edit) By the way, whatever you move/change from the BDVSM folder, you need to also do to the BDVSM/Backup folder as well or it will not work(at least from what my tinkering shows)

Anyway, its not a total ability to play from the HDD, but its a start:confused:

Thanks PrincipalityFusion, it is fun to follow your post and now it is all fine playing all the way up to the menu and choose play. Then something goes wild and I can hear the sound but the picture just crazy choppy to a point I have to kill PDVD :bang: Well at least it is a start and hope some expert here will figure out how to play this one soon :agree:

While I have not tried to play this from an image, I can confirm that the original disc plays fine without AnyDVD active with PowerDVD 3730. That's at least better than the situation we could find ourself in. No, this post is not helpful for those trying to play it from hard drive or an image. But at least it confirms that with HDCP hardware you can play it with the latest PowerDVD version from the original disc.

Hitman Blu-Ray Title

Has anyone got this to play yet with PowerDVD HD 3319<a> yet???

I ripped to the hard diskette, but to no availability will it play?
:bang:

Thanks PrincipalityFusion, it is fun to follow your post and now it is all fine playing all the way up to the menu and choose play. Then something goes wild and I can hear the sound but the picture just crazy choppy to a point I have to kill PDVD :bang: Well at least it is a start and hope some expert here will figure out how to play this one soon :agree:

This has all been pretty much covered before. It plays choppy because of the BD+, without the correct BDSVM folder being decrypted properly the film won't play back smoothley. Removing or replacing those files won't make any difference as it needs them all to decrypt the film properly

anyone tried version 6.4 with this title? if so, any luck?

anyone tried version 6.4 with this title? if so, any luck?

This is the only title it doesn't work with. Peer says they are waiting for the disc to see about getting an update done for it. Hang in there.

This is the only title it doesn't work with. Peer says they are waiting for the disc to see about getting an update done for it. Hang in there.

Thanks for the info SamuriHL!

Just a note for those who may have a BD+ title already ripped to hard drive.

It just so happens that I had one of the BD+ movies on my drive at the time I got the v6.4.0.0 announcement. It had already been processed through AnyDVD but wouldn't work because of the BD+. I wrote it to an ISO with ImgBurn, mounted it with Daemon Tools and ripped it again (with AnyDVD).

The BD+ was removed on the second rip and it works fine.

SlySoft -- I've been doing rips for a long time, and I know a good product when I see it. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD are great investments.

James says you can thank me for that, jdobbs. :D LOL! Actually, I had inquired about an issue I noticed before the BD+ release was out and it turns out it was related to being able to process images that have already had AACS removed but still had BD+. He obviously took the time to fix that issue so much thanks to James on that!

It just so happens that I had one of the BD+ movies on my drive at the time I got the v6.4.0.0 announcement. It had already been processed through AnyDVD but wouldn't work because of the BD+. I wrote it to an ISO with ImgBurn, mounted it with Daemon Tools and ripped it again (with AnyDVD).

SlySoft -- I've been doing rips for a long time, and I know a good product when I see it. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD are great investments.

jdobbs,
Can you let me know in details how you did the "I wrote it to an ISO with ImgBurn, mounted it with Daemon Tools and ripped it again (with AnyDVD)."? All I am doing now is just use the AnyDVD "copy movie to HDD" function to my HDD now.

I can't agree you more "SlySoft -- I've been doing rips for a long time, and I know a good product when I see it. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD are great investments" this statement. I have been telling anyone I know who back up DVD to use AnyDVD, it is the best tools we have.

Thanks in advance.

To create the ISO in ImgBurn you need to select the create ISO from folder option. Make sure UDF 2.5 file system is selected. Then you can mount that image with Daemon Tools and rerip it using ImgBurn read option.

jdobbs,
Can you let me know in details how you did the "I wrote it to an ISO with ImgBurn, mounted it with Daemon Tools and ripped it again (with AnyDVD)."? All I am doing now is just use the AnyDVD "copy movie to HDD" function to my HDD now.

I can't agree you more "SlySoft -- I've been doing rips for a long time, and I know a good product when I see it. AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD are great investments" this statement. I have been telling anyone I know who back up DVD to use AnyDVD, it is the best tools we have.

Thanks in advance.

Open imgburn, on the first screen that pops up, I choose "Create image from files/folders. I then navigate to the folder and select it. I make sure imgburn is set to UDF 2.50 under options. Label the UDF whatever you want and click "Build" icon in lower left hand of the screen.

After you have built your image you can mount it with various software. I use Daemon lite "Freeware".

Hope this helps

To create the ISO in ImgBurn you need to select the create ISO from folder option. Make sure UDF 2.5 file system is selected. Then you can mount that image with Daemon Tools and rerip it using ImgBurn read option.

Man Samuri your quick :)

Open imgburn, on the first screen that pops up, I choose "Create image from files/folders. I then navigate to the folder and select it. I make sure imgburn is set to UDF 2.50 under options. Label the UDF whatever you want and click "Build" icon in lower left hand of the screen.

After you have built your image you can mount it with various software. I use Daemon lite "Freeware".

Hope this helps

Thank you Duramaximus & SamuriHL!

So I need 2 things right? imgburn and Daemon lite, right? So after I mount the image then I redo the image using the latest 6.4 and backup DVD then I should able to use PDVD to play Hitman right? The above process is just reverse what we did for "back up movies to HDD" and make it we can burn to BD blank disc if need, right? Many thanks.

Uh, no, if your goal is to play Hitman this will not work. It will work for any other title. AnyDVD still has an issue with this one title. And update will be coming once Peer has a chance to look at it. But for all other BD+ movies this will work fine, yes.

Uh, no, if your goal is to play Hitman this will not work. It will work for any other title. AnyDVD still has an issue with this one title. And update will be coming once Peer has a chance to look at it. But for all other BD+ movies this will work fine, yes.

Hi SamuriHL,

I was based on above post in this thread and thought that I will able to do that and reconstruct the image then re-use 6.4 and able to play Hitman. Beside Hitman, I have no problem with any BD and/or BD+ titles so far. So after Peer update to later AnyDVD HD version, I guess we can use your described method to re-do and play Hitman, thta's what u mean, right? Thanks.

Hi SamuriHL,

I was based on above post in this thread and thought that I will able to do that and reconstruct the image then re-use 6.4 and able to play Hitman. Beside Hitman, I have no problem with any BD and/or BD+ titles so far. So after Peer update to later AnyDVD HD version, I guess we can use your described method to re-do and play Hitman, thta's what u mean, right? Thanks.

Yes, that's correct. What we were talking about above wasn't necessarily for Hitman...it was for all BD+ protected images that have been ripped and no longer have AACS but do have BD+ still. Some people have ripped them as folders on the hard drive instead of ISO images. This method will allow them to make an ISO image from their folders, mount it, and rerip it to remove the BD+ crap. This method WILL work on Hitman once AnyDVD is updated to handle the BD+ protection on this particular title. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, that's correct. What we were talking about above wasn't necessarily for Hitman...it was for all BD+ protected images that have been ripped and no longer have AACS but do have BD+ still. Some people have ripped them as folders on the hard drive instead of ISO images. This method will allow them to make an ISO image from their folders, mount it, and rerip it to remove the BD+ crap. This method WILL work on Hitman once AnyDVD is updated to handle the BD+ protection on this particular title. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for your valuable info. I guess I am the lucky one that only Hitman so far having the problem. All my BD/BD+ titles I can play without a problem. Thanks again.

Back