• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HEVC fail

Sabertooth

I put together a new PC lately and have been running it through the paces. I don't seem to be able to process HEVC at all. The process fails almost immediately. I've forwarded my logs to elby already but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.

Setup:
The French Connection (H.264/mpeg4/AVC) previously decrypted to an unprotected ISO with AnyDVD HD and mounted for processing with Virtual Clone Drive. Convert in to a file select Files, MP4 container. Select Title 1, main feature, with English language and English subtitles selected. Video codec is H.265/HEVC, Audio codec is AAC Advanced, volume, not adjusted, Audio channels are surround (5.1) 384 kbps and resolution at 1920x1080. Resulting size was set to 7.02GB (7.54 mbps).

What happens:
Almost immediately after starting, the conversion fails with the error below. The error occurs after aprox. 14-17MB processsed

The error:
Code:
[ERROR ] [0x0000000000d4ff40] CODEC_FFMPEG::DroneTaskEncode:620 > __ensure(Memory0)

[ERROR ] [0x0000000000ddff40] last reported error: 'CODEC_FFMPEG::DroneTaskEncode:620 > __ensure(Memory0)' (6)

Error in processStreams

System setup:

Windows 10 Pro x64
i7-6950x Broadwell-E 10 core
32 GB DDR4-3400
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD
Mushkin SATA3 SSD
Edit: CloneBd v 1.0.8.4

Last edited:
I think they might need the whole log file, when it errors out do you see an option to upload the log file or send it to, bugs@elby.ch

I think they might need the whole log file, when it errors out do you see an option to upload the log file or send it to, bugs@elby.ch
I sent the log to bugs@elby.ch but the option to send by email didn't work properly either so I had to do it manually. I have Windows Mail app as the default email app but it said none configured. I was curious if the problem is unique to me. I think I had the same problem on my old PC so maybe not.

I have done many H265 conversions but using the Mp4 H265 opton, and they work fine, the speeds were great and the res was good also. I didnt use Virtual Clone Drive or any .iso so we did it differently. You could also upload the logfile to the here also, Pete will have a good look at it.

]
I sent the log to bugs@elby.ch but the option to send by email didn't work properly either so I had to do it manually. I have Windows Mail app as the default email app but it said none configured. I was curious if the problem is unique to me. I think I had the same problem on my old PC so maybe not.
It's not.
For that reason I just save it then compose an email. It isn't an issue for me either.

I tried on my previous computer and HEVC conversion did work fine there, a 6 core with 12 thread capability. Looking at the log, I think FFmpeg may be choking on the 20 threads my new Broadwell-E processor can handle. It doesn't want more than 16. :(

Edit: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC seems to work okay.

Attachments

• French_Connection_HEVC_fail.zip
    448 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As a confirmation that the problem has to do with the large number of threads (20), I set the processor affinity to 16 threads and the HEVC conversion proceeded without the error.

Edit: BD Rebuilder seems to be handling the 20 threads okay converting to MKV container with HEVC at 1920x1080 and AAC so maybe CloneBD can be fixed to run 20 cores.. Running just the 16 cores with CloneBD, I averaged 54.8 fps completing the 149,167 frames in 45:22. The full performance possible with 20 cores translates to 68.5 fps in 36:18.

Last edited:
Back