• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help needed if CloneBD cover my requirements

Ratber Tostan

Hello

I've searched the Forum already but found no concrete solutions for my questions. Maybe someone can help me here ( asked also in the german forum, but no answers )

I own AnyDVD HD and would like to archive backups of my BD's and make them playable on Media Players eg.: Dune HD TV 303D (BDlite) . This with optimum picture and soundquality, ideal 1:1.

-What is the bestter choice, BD on hard disk or image file ripping, or what are the pros & cons of both variants?

-with CloneBD I can extract the main movie with any audio track and subtitles in 1:1 Quality ?

-For series, there is the problem that I can not determine the correct sequence of the individual episodes. Here I want to convert to MKV (or MP4 is better?)

- How is the quality of the picture in MKV and what sound format should be chosen AC3 or ACC? Maintain both formats the surround sound (5.1, 7.1, DTS, etc...) and how is the sound quality?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Greeting

Ratber Tostan

Hello

I've searched the Forum already but found no concrete solutions for my questions. Maybe someone can help me here ( asked also in the german forum, but no answers )

I own AnyDVD HD and would like to archive backups of my BD's and make them playable on Media Players eg.: Dune HD TV 303D (BDlite) . This with optimum picture and soundquality, ideal 1:1.

-What is the bestter choice, BD on hard disk or image file ripping, or what are the pros & cons of both variants?

-with CloneBD I can extract the main movie with any audio track and subtitles in 1:1 Quality ?

-For series, there is the problem that I can not determine the correct sequence of the individual episodes. Here I want to convert to MKV (or MP4 is better?)

- How is the quality of the picture in MKV and what sound format should be chosen AC3 or ACC? Maintain both formats the surround sound (5.1, 7.1, DTS, etc...) and how is the sound quality?

Greeting

Ratber Tostan
Hello. All the questions you ask are very subjective. Some may like .mp4 and some may like .mkv, what some think is great quality others can be more picky. There is a free trial, try it and let us know what you like and then you will have your answers. Happy Holidays.

Hello

Greeting

Ratber Tostan

I will try to help with some of your questions. I own both Dune HD Smart D1 and TV-303D media player. I normally rip to Hard disk which is the BDMV folder structure. Both players will play these rip without issue. One problem I have seen is with screen pass titles that use playlist obfuscation and there are hundreds of bogus playlists. When you rip one of these disks and use the BD-Lite of the TV-303D you cannot choose the correct playlist. Ripping partial copy with CloneBD I thought would be the solution for these disks but the resulting movie only rip has playback issues. I used CloneBD to produce a .mkv of these type movies and the playback issue is solved. I assume with the screen pass titles there is seamless branching and without a proper BD-Menu capability they do not play correctly. Don't have this issue with the Dune HD Smart D1 as it support full BD menu or AnyDVD HD speed menus.

If I produce a .mkv I normally chose AC3 and 5.1 surround. This sound quality is fine in my opinion. I wish Dune had included full BD menu support in the TV-303D media player. It would be a perfect solution for me if so as the TV-303D plays both Blu-ray and DVD rips flawlessly accept the Blu-ray screen pass movies as indicated.

Back