• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help me understand the bucket system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Alex

Hello,

For a licensed user:

I have went over the policy but just wanted to better understand it.

As I understand a licensed user gets to download no more than 280 movies/episodes per week. Does the week count as a regular Mon-Sun, or does the countdown start once you make your download and from there it counts down to 7 days?

Also, the "initial" part. A licensed user gets 100 downloads clean uninterrupted and then after that there'll be a "recharge" period every 36 minutes before another download can begin?

You start out with 100, every 35 minutes one gets replaced, so just to make it easy if you slept for eight hours you have a proximately 16 more but you can’t go over 100. So for example if you download in 10 movies or TV shows and then took a break for five hours plus you would have your 10 back. To answer your question no you can use your hundred up right away but then you’re token Bucket is empty. But not many people download 100 videos on a Continual basis. Like I said yet download 10 videos take a break for a few hours you’ll get one back every 35 minutes
A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100

You start out with 100, every 35 minutes one gets replaced, so just to make it easy if you slept for eight hours you have a proximately 16 more but you can’t go over 100. So for example if you download in 10 movies or TV shows and then took a break for five hours plus you would have your 10 back. To answer your question no you can use your hundred up right away but then you’re token Bucket is empty. But not many people download 100 videos on a Continual basis. Like I said yet download 10 videos take a break for a few hours you’ll get one back every 35 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you for explaining. And what about the week period? Is it the usual Monday to Sunday? Also, let's say there's a scenario where it's the end of the week, and the bucket is used up and the next day marks the beginning of the new week, do you still need to recharge or do you get your 100 back at the start of the new week?

Thank you for explaining. And what about the week period? Is it the usual Monday to Sunday? Also, let's say there's a scenario where it's the end of the week, and the bucket is used up and the next day marks the beginning of the new week, do you still need to recharge or do you get your 100 back at the start of the new week?
There is no start of the week or end of the week, the week starts when you start using the program if you use it correctly like I’ve explained above you can download the max amount, There is no specific start of the week or end of the week it’s one week from when you start using the program. Like I said and I will say it again you can download 280 movies or TV programs or whatever you want in one week if you use it correctly what to do that you will have to give the program a break and let it refill the bucket every 35 minutes you’re using the program. When you go to bed at night if you sleep eight hours you will have approximately 16 downloads more in your bucket. But it will never go over 100.

There is no start of the week or end of the week, the week starts when you start using the program if you use it correctly like I’ve explained above you can download the max amount, There is no specifies start of the week or end of the week it’s one week from when you start using the program. Like I said and I will say it again you can download 280 movies or TV programs or whatever you want in one week if you use it correctly what to do that you will have to give the program a break and let it refill the bucket every 35 minutes you’re using the program. When we go to bed at night if you sleep eight hours you will have approximately 16 downloads more more in your bucket. But it will never go over 100.
thanks

But it will never go over 100.
Are you sure with that? I remember it slightly different:
As you said, you have 280+the initial 100, but I thought that after you used them up, the 100 will never come back and than you have your bucket with 280 that fills up every about 35 mins.
Because when you say it will never go over 100 you only would have a bucket with 100, not 280. How would you have a bucket with 280 when it will never go over 100?

You're missunderstanding the bucket.

You start with 100. Now assume you use them all up quickly and you're now at 0. The bucket starts to refill at a rate of 1 every 36min. Now assume you DONT download anything for a while. To fill the bucket back upto 100, it takes approx 2.5d of not downloading. You then use all 100 up again. you again wait 2.5d for another 100 tokens to be refilled. (We're now 5 days into the standard 7d week)

Now, since a week has 7 days, and NOT 7.5d you 'cant' get another 100. You get about 80 tokens refilled in the remaining 2d. For a total of 280/wk.

You can't go above that, because technically you'd go into day 8 then when you hit token 281.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

You then use all 100 up again. you again wait 2.5d for another 100 tokens to be refilled
I didn't knew that. So we have a bucket of 100 tokens. I thought we have a bucket of 280 tokens (that as I know needs a week to fill up). So even if I download nothing for a week, I'd still only have 100 Tokens instead of 280?

This shows that it is really time for a remaining token counter on the UI to make it clear how much exactly are left.

So even if I download nothing for a week, I'd still only have 100 Tokens instead of 280?

I don't think you can have more than 100 tokens at any given time.

But the most you can use over an entire week - by consuming and replenishing - is 280.

T

wow i didn't think it was complicated at all. let me phrase it this way to see if i can clarify it better. when you buy a license. redfox gives you 2 items. 1) a pre-filled bucket capable of holding 100 tokens. it can not hold any more than that. 2) an unlimited token generator that spits out a token every 36 minutes. the token must be stored in your bucket. if not then it just disappears.

don't get hung up on the number 280. it's just math. if your generator is spitting out one token every 36 min. in 3 hours it made 5 tokens, in 6 hours 10 tokens, in one day 40 tokens, in one week 280 tokens. so there is no start period or end period. you are given an unlimited token generating machine that never stops churning out tokens. but the only caveat is that it will vanish unless you store it in your bucket and your bucket is capable of holding 100 tokens max.

This is the way it works its actually simple.
1. You start out with 100 tokens.
2. If you use 10 you have 90
3. Now every 35 minutes you will gain 1 until you are back at 100
4 you can never go over 100.
Simple right?

While we're on this topic :), can someone please confirm the bucket is per license and not per provider (ie, 100 for NFX, 100 for D+, 100 for APV)? Some time in May I ran into an empty bucket while downloading The Simpsons from D+ and then got the message about waiting for tokens to recharge when I tried to download from NFX (which I had not downloaded much from).

While we're on this topic :), can someone please confirm the bucket is per license and not per provider (ie, 100 for NFX, 100 for D+, 100 for APV)? Some time in May I ran into an empty bucket while downloading The Simpsons from D+ and then got the message about waiting for tokens to recharge when I tried to download from NFX (which I had not downloaded much from).
Its per license. Absolutely, no doubt. The whole program, no matter even if they add another provider.

Just think of the whole token system as if Eric Forman was explaining it to Red Forman. And then think of what Red Forman would say about it. Now picture Red asking the $100,000 questions--- "What? And how do you know how many you have left?" Eric answers. We all know what words flow from Red's mouth. In the infamous words of Ed Mcmahon, "You are correct sir!"

Greetings:

I understand the "Bucket System" as you stated, Redfox1.

My question is this:

What license (or type of service) are we talking about, please?

Is this from a torrent site?

Greetings:

My question is this:

Every type of license we offer has the same bucket service you can buy a one-year license or lifetime license they both have the same service, you start out with 100 and then every 35 minutes one is replaced if you use any. But only up to the amount 280 per week. I am sure you saw the other thread. It is also explained on our main page thank you

Greetings:

My question is this:

Your question doesn’t make any sense, what Torrent site? What does this have to do with Torrents at all. Please don’t bring this up again we do not discuss that here. Please read our main page and you’ll understand our service a little better. This thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back