• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Heat Special Edition - Error

HectorCharlie

Log is attached. Confirmed drive works with other discs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_D_HEAT_D1.ziplog
    208.2 KB · Views: 7
Since you have a ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 , it is defenetly working with MakeMKV and LibreDrive (I have it as well). So try as AnyDVD says and update MakeMKV. If that doesn't help, then uninstall MakeMKV and see if it works then.
If you don't need MakeMKV, it's fine. If you do UHD discs, you can flash it afterwards if you cannot get it to work with MakeMKV installed.
Code:
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
DRIVE NOT SUPPORTED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Hi!
I have got the same error. The status view of any dvd says:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.3.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS60 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 40890240 sectors (79863 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_HOBBIT_AUJ_EXT
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76

The media is the UHD from the Hobbit. I haven't installed MakeMKV, but got also the same error. My second drive is
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
So I am not sure what does it mean:
Since you have a ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 , it is defenetly working with MakeMKV and LibreDrive (I have it as well).
The drive wasn't used to read the blu-ray but it seams to me that the system (any dvd) depends on the software LibreDrive?

As the hint suggested I installed the lastest MakeMKV and then the status was:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 40890240 sectors (79863 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: THE_HOBBIT_AUJ_EXT
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
couldn't retrieve AGID!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.

So yes installing helps, but uninstalling wasn't really possible for me. So is MakeMKV or LibreDrive always necessary for AnyDVD?
How can ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00 depend on MakeMKV or LibreDrive?

Thanks for answers
crus

Why not? Uninstall MakeMKV. Power off your drive (computer). Not reboot. POWER OFF.

What I meant was that I hadn't installed MakeMKV and got the error too.
I have searched for MakeMKV before I have installed it on my PC and found nothing. Installing it was the solution (for me). Maybe there are other components with this side effect, which results in the same error. How can I search for it or how can I identify it?
I also have DVDFab - can this the component which uses LibreDrive?

Hi!
I have got the same error. The status view of any dvd says:

The media is the UHD from the Hobbit. I haven't installed MakeMKV, but got also the same error. My second drive is

So I am not sure what does it mean:

The drive wasn't used to read the blu-ray but it seams to me that the system (any dvd) depends on the software LibreDrive?

As the hint suggested I installed the lastest MakeMKV and then the status was:

So yes installing helps, but uninstalling wasn't really possible for me. So is MakeMKV or LibreDrive always necessary for AnyDVD?
How can ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00 depend on MakeMKV or LibreDrive?

Thanks for answers
crus
Now this is quite confusing... You MUST have installed an old version of Makemkv before to get that message. Now you have installed the newer version and everything works as intended.

The BH16NS60 is an official drive / firmware and NEEDS the help of Makemkv.
ASUS BW16-D1HT is a friendly drive and both firmwares 3.00 and 3.10 don't need the help of Makemkv but if Makemkv is installed AnyDVD uses Makemkv's Libredrive as well.

I have noticed that "friendly drives" have more trouble with 3-layer discs (>66GB) and therefore I have recently used "official drives". As a side note: You can always cross-flash friendly and official firmwares. Means you can flash your BH16NS60 to ASUS or BH16NS55 and vice versa flash your ASUS drives to BH16NS60 if you like. Just be aware that if flashed to official AnyDVD needs the help of Makemkv.

In addition now Pioneer UHD drives are supported by AnyDVD with the help of Makemkv. These are way better readers and writers than the LG / ASUS family and for that reason I switched to Pioneer for ripping. They are a little slower but don't show any issues like the ASUS / LGs show very often.

have noticed that "friendly drives" have more trouble with 3-layer discs (>66GB) and therefore I have recently used "official drives". As a side note: You can always cross-flash friendly and official firmwares. Means you can flash your BH16NS60 to ASUS or BH16NS55 and vice versa flash your ASUS drives to BH16NS60 if you like. Just be aware that if flashed to official AnyDVD needs the help of Makemkv.

In addition now Pioneer UHD drives are supported by AnyDVD with the help of Makemkv. These are way better readers and writers than the LG / ASUS family and for that reason I switched to Pioneer for ripping. They are a little slower but don't show any issues like the ASUS / LGs show very often.
Maybe, but this is irrelevant at this point. He/she does not want to use MakeMKV libre drive.

Maybe, but this is irrelevant at this point. He/she does not want to use MakeMKV libre drive.
He / she doesn't say that. I don't know from what you took that. And a BH16NS60 doesn't work with AnyDVD and UHDs w/o Makemkv. So libredrive is needed or a cross-flash to friendly.

Log is attached. Confirmed drive works with other discs.
@James , this is more confusing to me since Makemkv 1.17.2 seems to be installed according to the log file. The only thing that comes to mind that he wants to rip an UHD and his drive isn't flashed to a MK-firmware. Whe he says "other discs" these might be BDs instead of UHDs.

Just for clearness, this was the drive I was using:
This was the error, the complete status view was already posted:
And at this time MakeMKV wasn't installed already!
coopervid said:
And a BH16NS60 doesn't work with AnyDVD and UHDs w/o Makemkv. So libredrive is needed or a cross-flash to friendly.

Does this mean that I need MakeMKV with this drive and uninstalling wouldn't really help?
Where can I get a cross-flash and what are the risk using this?

Just for clearness, this was the drive I was using:

This was the error, the complete status view was already posted:

And at this time MakeMKV wasn't installed already!

Does this mean that I need MakeMKV with this drive and uninstalling wouldn't really help?
Where can I get a cross-flash and what are the risk using this?

If you want to use the BH16NS60 firmware with UHDs and AnyDVD you need to have Makemkv installed.

If you don't want Makemakv installed and have the drive working w/o it and AnyDVD you need to flash it to friendly. I recommend then the ASUS BW16-D1HT 3.10 MK. All the other firmwares for full size drives will also work but never flash a firmware for slim drives! Read through my guide and see also the links for the firmware.

English:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/guide-for-flashing-uhd-drives-for-anydvd.79023/

German:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/flash-anleitung-uhd-laufwerke-für-anydvd.79022/

@James , this is more confusing to me since Makemkv 1.17.2 seems to be installed according to the log file. The only thing that comes to mind that he wants to rip an UHD and his drive isn't flashed to a MK-firmware. Whe he says "other discs" these might be BDs instead of UHDs.
HectorCharlie != crus_crus
No logfile, no help. I am out of here.

I have now deinstalled MakeMKV and tried to read the UHD blu-ray again.
The status view:
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 35531392 sectors (69397 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: LOTR_THE_TWO_TOWERS_PT1
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
WARNING: Read errors on disc!

The log file is attached, but it wasn't that easy to create and took a long time. First of all AnyDVD created an empty file (0 KB size) with the file name
AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_.ziplog
. But didn't stopped with the scan. Then a second file was created (the attached one) with the file name
AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
. After creating the log file, AnyDvd started another scan and since it didn't stop in a reasonable amount of time, I ejected the Blu-ray, not sure what was the purpose of the scan.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
I have now deinstalled MakeMKV and tried to read the UHD blu-ray again.
The status view:

The log file is attached, but it wasn't that easy to create and took a long time. First of all AnyDVD created an empty file (0 KB size) with the file name . But didn't stopped with the scan. Then a second file was created (the attached one) with the file name . After creating the log file, AnyDvd started another scan and since it didn't stop in a reasonable amount of time, I ejected the Blu-ray, not sure what was the purpose of the scan.
You still don't understand. AnyDVD can't read UHDs with official firmware. If you want that you have to flash the BH16NS60 into "friendly" as I explained further up.

Like this:

AnyDVD - friendly LG / ASUS drive - reads UHD disc
AnyDVD - official and friendly LG drives, Pioneer UHD drives - install Makemkv - reads UHD discs

And to complete my possible logs I created one for the
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
drive
The attached log file
AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_I_LOTR_THE_TWO_TOWERS_PT1_037D738B_FC2BCFC0.ziplog
The Scan view:
Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.3.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 35531392 sectors (69397 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: LOTR_THE_TWO_TOWERS_PT1
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Removed UOPs!
Bad sector protection not found.
WARNING: Read errors on disc!

But please consider the main issue happened with the
AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
already uploaded, but maybe you get get more infos about the disc with the second one.
And I hope James will be back on board!

Back