• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVD problem with 6.1.9.3

starz

I recently got a Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive for my PC And I have tryed to back up 2 HD DVD Movies With it and AnyDvd 6.1.9.3 When I play it back using power DVD ultra From The HardDrive It has very minor stagers or slight freezes threw out the movie, The Disc it's Self Plays Fine and when I re rip the movie the stagers move to different spots in the movie, the disc's are brand-new no scratches, I use the same PC for Blu_ray and Never have any issues from Blu Rays like that ever
These Imperfections affect The Video Only my audio track keeps going fine and are in sink with the movie at all times, This issue also happens with anydvd going back quite a few versions, I'm not sure what the issue is has anyone had the issue? the only thing I just thought of would be it's firmware I will try that now, but any advice beyond firmware would be appreciated Thx
oh and the HD DVDs I'm trying are older ones that have been around for a while now
King Kong & The Terminator 3 Both are US
Both Are DL HD30GB
and there the only 2 I have for now
Thx in advance
Starz

when playing does the problem always occur at the same spot? Have you tried checking cpu usage whilst playing over these parts

when playing does the problem always occur at the same spot? Have you tried checking cpu usage whilst playing over these parts

Yes When Playing From The Rip On the Hard Drive it happens in the same spots How ever when I re rip the issues move to other spots,
so the Issue appears embedded into the rip data at random during each rip
cpu usage is around 20 % Never much higher then that during playback
in them spots it don't change the Cpu Usage at least not Major
also I never see any issues while ripping barely uses any cpu power and I never use my PC during a rip, I also don't hear any struggling from the DVD drive wile ripping ether, I haven't Done that firmware check yet cause I'm backing up Spider-man 3 and boy do these full DL BDs take hours some take up to 8 hours to fully copy to the HDD

thx
Starz

never had one take 8 hours to rip, max for me has been3 hours, I'd suspect dsomething is not quite right on your system if it takes that long

Sorry was going to reply to Starz ....... but as this is the 6.1.9.4 thread it might be worth removing all the off topic posts.

Last edited:
Sorry was going to reply to Starz ....... but as this is the 6.1.9.4 thread it might be worth removing all the off topic posts.
Well Since I try'd it now with 6.1.9.4 I think it maybe on topic now that I have the issue, I read your reply and I see you deleted that, thx for the input but the whole computer is brand new, and I think my issue maybe it's firmware and I don't know if there is a way to update the Xbox 360 drives firmware threw windows as I don't yet have the game console.

Starz

never had one take 8 hours to rip, max for me has been3 hours, I'd suspect dsomething is not quite right on your system if it takes that long

Well I don't know for sure what the max time should be before I assume theres a problem, Most BLu Rays Take around and hour But there are a few that take longer Spider-man 3 was something like 46 GB and read around 3 MB ps
all I know is they turn out perfect and the time doesn't Bother me,
maybe my Drives a Little slow but I figured that the size + the decryption would slow it some but I think the top speeds like 5.20 MB ps or something on my drive only reads and writes at 2X
and I do Mean Mbytes not Mbits
Although there could be something wrong there showing up IN the BD rip time just not enough to corrupt the blu ray files as they are copied,
My BD Drive Is a Lite ON Sata 2 and the HDD is Sata 2 how ever the Xbox360 Drive Is USB Maybe My increased BD rip Times are coming from the Xbox360 Drive being connected while ripping a BD
and while some of this maybe seemingly off the topic of anydvd I don't want to star blaming AnyDVD or HD DVD or anyone elts when I really don't know what the issue is, I'm Plain hoping someones had this issue while using any DVD to rip HD DVDs and can point me in the right direction so I can enjoy both formats as well as regular old DVDs instead of fixing issues all the time,

thx
Starz

I have tryed Everything Short Of moving my drive to another Computer
Every time I rip A HD_DVD I get Slight Skips in the Video The Audio Is Fine
I have Confirmed the Issue Is in the Output Data From AnyDvd and I also Try DVD Fab and found the same issue, My HD DVDs are both in perfect condition and play perfectly from the original Disc, Each time I re rip them these Video imperfections move to different spots,
I'm Using a Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive On my computer along with Windows Vista Pre- My Computers only 3 Months old has 2 GB of Ram 500 GB sata 2 HDD 3.0 Ghz Dual Core AMD Athlon CPU along with a NVIDIA Graphics Card with HDMI Port Built into the Card witch I have connected to my HD TV
I also Have a BD Rom witch is also Stata 2 and I'm not having issues there
I want to use both formats on the same computer I'm using Power DVD ultra
I don't know How to Update The Xbox 360 Firmware from Windows as I do not have a Xbox 360 Game console, I have rebooted the Drive and moved it to different USB ports I have tryed slowing the drive options in any DVD I know theres nothing wrong with the Hard Drive as the issue is HD DVD Pacific All My DVDs and BDs turn out perfect and I have filled the drive with them several times inbetween fooling with this HD DVD issue I hear these are more prone to problems but I still wanna use it if it can be fixed I don't care about witch formats better I simply tired of waiting for one way or the other and wish to use both till then!! I'm Gona try it on another computer in the mean time But any advice would be appreciated thx. The Only Question I can think to ask is should I even try using USB DVD drives for ripping? or should I get a internal HD-DVD Drive ? if anyone has had success with perfect HD DVD rips with something other then the Xbox 360 Drive I'd like to know what type of drive and were to get one. cause This was at the time 2-3 months ago the only one I could Find online or otherwise. I have seen a couple OF BD HDDVD Rom Combos Since But I already Got 300 Down the drain in this so I may give up ,:confused::mad::bowdown::(

Thx
Starz

Do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue please. :policeman:

what happened to my postes?

both my posts about my issues with HD DVD are gone?????

yes I see that now Sorry about that! I'm new here!

That's fine. Please do not create multiple threads about the exact same thing--nor post about the exact same thing in multiple threads as this makes troubleshooting very difficult (especially when people try to help you and have to read a bunch of different threads to see what you posted). Just create a thread for your issue and remain in it for that issue.

Last edited:
Info you requested Webslinger

1.(AnyDVD 6.1.9.4) and back I have This issue
2.Never Installed any packetwriting softwear
3.King Kong, US Region, Release Date Not Sure on
4.Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD 6.1.9.4)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a HD DVD.
Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 7207168 sectors (14076 MBytes)
Total size: 14395840 sectors (28116 MBytes)
Video HD DVD label: KING_KONG
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

5.no error messages
6.uploaded Zip
7.I have tryed the latest version of power DVD Ultra with no fix I reverted back to Power DVD Ultra Version 7.03.3120
Also My Graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT Driver Version 7.15.11.6369
Witch Is Uptodate.
8. I have found nothing about my issue on the board
Thx for you time
Starz

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_KING_KONG.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 5
2.Never Installed any packetwriting softwear

Yes, you did. In fact, you have TWO packet writing software programs on your system.

CDROM Class UpperFilters:
Cdralw2k (system32\drivers\Cdralw2k.sys), Version: 7.5.0.50 (7.5.0.50)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDRAL for Windows 2000 Kernel Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.50
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.50

Sonic Solution's Drag to Disc IS packet writing software.

clbstor (system32\drivers\clbstor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.2113 (5.0.0.2113)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.2113
ProductVersion: 5.0.2113

Uninstall CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software, and ensure clbstor no longer appears in your lower filters after rebooting. If you need that drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

Cdr4_xp (system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys), Version: 7.5.0.50 (7.5.0.50)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: Drag-to-Disc
Copyright: Copyright (c) 1994-2005 Sonic Solutions
Description: CDR4 CD and DVD Burning Helper Driver
FileVersion: 7.5.0.50
ProductVersion: 7.5.0.50

More Sonic Drag to disc nonsense

Last edited:
Yes, you did. In fact, you have TWO packet writing software programs on your system.

Sonic Solution's Drag to Disc IS packet writing software. This needs to go.

Uninstall CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software, and ensure clbstor no longer appears in your lower filters after rebooting. If you need that drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

More Sonic Drag to disc nonsense

hmmm didn't know that this was a oem PC I dunno I'll try and get rid of it,
would this cause my problem with HD DVD cause it dont with DVD or Blu ray?

1. Uninstall Sonic's Drag to Disc packet writing software
2. Uninstall CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software
3. Reboot
4. Check to ensure the three entries I quoted previously no longer appear in your filters.

If you don't know how to check, do this:

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Check to ensure those 3 filters I quoted earlier no longer appear.

IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO REMOVE THE FILTERS, do this:

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Cdr4_xp". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "clbstor." Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "Cdralw2k". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

It's better to uninstall the programs that installed those three filters, but if you can't figure out how, then follow the steps I listed. Please keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Then you need to rerip everything.

hmmm didn't know that this was a oem PC I dunno I'll try and get rid of it,
would this cause my problem with HD DVD cause it dont with DVD or Blu ray?

They could cause problems with lots of stuff, not just Slysoft software.

Back