• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOMax still not 1080p??

kzajac

So assumed the new version 1.4.6.0 was "supposed" to fix HBOMax?? I still get nothing in 1080p. Old or new.
House of the Dragon comes up 960x540. Am I supposed to do something else to make this work?

The new version only fixed the login issue that started a day ago. The DRM issue is not listed on the version update list, so probably still being worked on by the devs.

So assumed the new version 1.4.6.0 was "supposed" to fix HBOMax?? I still get nothing in 1080p. Old or new.
House of the Dragon comes up 960x540. Am I supposed to do something else to make this work?

Release Notes ...
  • Fix: HBOMax: adapt to API changes
  • Fix: Netflix: Japanese vertical subtitles now really properly displayed
    Note: this currently only works for embedded subtitles, SRT subs will still be displayed horizontally.
    A future version will have better support for text subtitles
  • Fix: properly remove nested formatting in subtitles
  • Fix: Prime: some audio codecs weren't presented (especially descriptive audio)
  • some minor fixes
  • Updated languages

Did you READ the release notes with the update???? Nothing said it fixed the problem with HBOMax. SO just keep waiting

House of the Dragon.jpg View attachment 68183 1080p.jpg View attachment 68182
Everyone else including me gets most in 1080p and some in 720p. So maybe you could help us help you with a log file. If you do not post one I can't help you.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some inconsistent results on hbo max as well. An older tv show downloaded in 1080p no problem, but I checked a couple of new release, including a movie just added and this is what I get as options:

upload_2022-11-11_13-2-38.png

I'm running Anystream Trial 1.4.6.0 (64 bit)

including a movie just added and this is what I get as options:
Usually, when a provider has DRM issues, then it is limited to 540p/SD. But this movie is 720p. So either it is a fluke and the DRM issues are different than how I know them or this movie just has no 1080p.

Usually, when a provider has DRM issues, then it is limited to 540p/SD. But this movie is 720p. So either it is a fluke and the DRM issues are different than how I know them or this movie just has no 1080p.
Yeah I found a couple of examples. It is strange - I know for a fact the movie I took a screenshot of the options for is a 4k movie on hbo max.

I know for a fact the movie I took a screenshot of the options for is a 4k movie on hbo max
I never used HBO, so I am not up to date with the DRM progress there. With the latest update the adapted to some changes, but that doesn't mean they also adapted to the DRM issue and that 1080p or 4k is back for all titles.

Yeah I found a couple of examples. It is strange - I know for a fact the movie I took a screenshot of the options for is a 4k movie on hbo max.
4K is not an option for us now, maybe in the distant future, taking advantage of the provider's bread and butter is not smart, but I am not saying we won't do it someday, just not very soon. Please don't expect it.:)

An older tv show downloaded in 1080p no problem, but I checked a couple of new release, including a movie just added and this is what I get as options:
This is how it's been for a few weeks now. Anything released to the service before X period will be 1080/4k. Anything after 720p

Hopefully they'll get it back to 1080/4k, but it's clearly not a priority at this point

This is how it's been for a few weeks now. Anything released to the service before X period will be 1080/4k. Anything after 720p

Hopefully they'll get it back to 1080/4k, but it's clearly not a priority at this point
I think you are getting ahead of yourself, 4K may be way down the line. 1080p absolutely as soon as we can and it is a priority. More than you know. ;)

I think you are getting ahead of yourself, 4K may be way down the line. 1080p absolutely as soon as we can and it is a priority. More than you know. ;)

Just I am clear. HBO Max used to be able to download in 4K, I was able to download the first couple of EP of House of Dragon and the Entire Game of Throns in 4K using AS prior to the DRM change a few weeks ago. Now, Until AS can crack the DRM new stuff is in up to 720 only, older stuff should be able to do 1080 and if you're lucky 4K (I can't test due to financial reasons I've shut off my HBO sub for the time being). And AS is focusing on getting 1080 back on HBO and down the road getting 4K back. Here's hoping HBO uses the same DRM for 4k as the do 1080 so it just works ;)

I'm seeing some inconsistent results on hbo max as well. An older tv show downloaded in 1080p no problem, but I checked a couple of new release, including a movie just added and this is what I get as options:

View attachment 68198

I'm running Anystream Trial 1.4.6.0 (64 bit)
We are working on that, our developers are the best, and it's not an easy task. Cat and mouse with the providers.

Back