• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBOMax, Can't Login through Provider

RickDR

I get HBOMax through a provider for free, but the login does not allow for this path.

My assumption is that AnyStream requires you log in to HBOmax with your HBOmax credentials as it doesn't offer a "Sign In With Provider" option. As such, if you subscribe to HBOmax through AmazonPrime you'll need to do as I suggested in my prior post. Log in to the HBOmax website outside of AnyStream. Log in using the "Sign In With Provider" option entering your Amazon credentials. Once logged in access your profile and the "Account" option giving yourself a HBOmax password. This allows for logging in to HBOmax using your Amazon email address and HBOmax specific password. This type of HBOmax login is presumably what is required when going to log in to HBOmax via AnyStream. Again, this is my presumption since AnyStream is not offering the "Sign In With Provider" login option. And yes, even following what I've outlined here most are not able to get logged in to HBOmax via AnyStream. The issue is being investigated.

Edit: And to be clear, this DOES work. I have HBO Max through AT&T. Login is still finicky, but the account will work just the same as a native account once created.

I get HBOMax through a provider for free, but the login does not allow for this path.
Let's wait until the beta version of HBO is over. It will only be in the Pro Version anyway. If you have an actual subscription on HBO Max you will be able to log in. I believe you will need a paid subscription to HBO MAX. With an HBO Max Password and Login. But I have been wrong before so lets just wait and see.

So for the sake of the Beta 1157, I added a direct account. So right now I have a free account under my provider account and another under my main email on a paid account. (Can't say I am not putting my money where my mouth is! HA!)

I have logged in on a PC and on Roku with this account and can happily select and play on either device. I have forced a log all devices off, and have verified I have to log into Roku and PC Browser. I now try to get on using AS and HM just says Login Failed in a big red button. I note that you ask for username, while HM on a browser or Roku asks specifically my email name. I assume this is just differing nomenclature but wanted to verify.

I also note that when I installed 1157 P, H and D+ were logged in and ready to use. NF had to be logged in again, but is working fine.

Edit: And to be clear, this DOES work. I have HBO Max through AT&T. Login is still finicky, but the account will work just the same as a native account once created.
I don't understand how it can work since it never lets me log in and since it never presents the request for credentials from the third party provider. My comes up, gives me a "username" and "password" box and that's it. I cannot click on "go through third party provider" as allowed on a browser or Roku where I enter a registration key to HBOMAX.COM/Activate. So if you could describe how you do it, I could try both routes, third party and direct purchase. Right now I can't get either to work.

Back