• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question HBOMax - Can't determine client version

FannyTastic

I'm getting the following error when trying to use HBOMax

[Error] [hbomax] Can't determine client version

Running the as.ps1 power shell script doesn't solve the problem.
Using Anystream 1.8.7.1 - any ideas ?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.7.1.astlog
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
You are using the MAX provider. HBOMax and MAX are two different providers. Enable the HBOMax provider in your setting and disable MAX. MAX is only available in the USA and South America.

I'm using HBO Max since max is isn't available until May 21st 2024 in my region.

HBOMax.png

Close the MAX provider. Disable it in your settings. Your logfile shows it's looking for a MAX connection and cannot find it.

Close the MAX provider. Disable it in your settings. Your logfile shows it's looking for a MAX connection and cannot find it.
This is just weird, since it worked perfectly until today

You've closed and disabled Max, a new log file would help the devs to help you.

Since no one else has reported this problem I have to assume it's something on your end. There is no information other than using the MAX tab in your log file.

I have the same problem. I turned off MAX in settings and it didn't help. It works in the browser. In the morning it worked.

Using Anystream 1.8.7.0

Attachments

• provider problem.jpg
    provider problem.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 18
  • hbo max.jpg
    hbo max.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 17
There is nothing I can do about it now but report it to the developers. This may take some time. Just leave a proper log file and we will look into it. I have no access to HBOMax in my region. We got switched over when they added MAX in South America.

Thanks for finding the bug. Maybe the developers could work on it to add an option - download from URL
That is not how this program works, but we will fix it, we may be able to fix it server side, but I am not sure. Please be patient.

Back