• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max - Stream Initialization Failed

wright96d

I have successfully downloaded a couple movies from HBO Max, but now I'm getting this "Stream Initialization Failed" error on a bunch of stuff. I've included both the log dump from the crash, as well as from the show I tried to download.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210720225354.astdmp
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Rick and Morty_season 04_episode 02.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I have successfully downloaded a couple movies from HBO Max, but now I'm getting this "Stream Initialization Failed" error on a bunch of stuff. I've included both the log dump from the crash, as well as from the show I tried to download.
I cant even log back in now hopefully its fixed soon something to do with the thing thats used so they no we arnt "robots" which is annoying

I cant even log back in now hopefully its fixed soon something to do with the thing thats used so they no we arnt "robots" which is annoying
Just keep hitting log in until it works. That's how I got in.

There are few problems, you are not the only one getting those messages, it is a beta , a test version. It will be fixed. Thank you for your patience.

There are few problems, you are not the only one getting those messages, it is a beta , a test version. It will be fixed. Thank you for your patience.
Do you know how long we'll have this beta version before Pro comes out?

Do you read this forum at all? I can hardly believe you are asking this question. It never gets answered, nor should it. Pro will come whenever it comes.
Yes, I do. We are not told when new features are added. Things happen when they do, yada yada yada. However, most updates don't involve currently available features being put behind a very expensive paywall. So it would be nice to have a timeframe of how long we have before that happens.

Yes, I do. We are not told when new features are added. Things happen when they do, yada yada yada. However, most updates don't involve currently available features being put behind a very expensive paywall. So it would be nice to have a timeframe of how long we have before that happens.
If there was a timeframe, I would give it to you. When they are finished developing it and testing it. Hulu and HBO Max will into the Pro version. They are here in the basic version as betas.

These items are in a beta release only and thus being tested for a future public final release, as indicated already they will be apart of the Pro version. Personally I feel lucky to be able to test these features, going forward once Pro does become avail, I can already see complaints of why can't I test out the new providers if they are locked to Pro only or well we had them but they took them away. All due to the fact people cant understand what a beta release is! Notice there is a checkbox in the settings to check for updates automatically when you launch AS and not once does it direct you to download the Beta, thus they are not hiding anything behind a paywall. It's a opt in trial and there will be bugs and issues and features not fully baked in thats part of a Beta. Welcome to software!

These items are in a beta release only and thus being tested for a future public final release, as indicated already they will be apart of the Pro version. Personally I feel lucky to be able to test these features, going forward once Pro does become avail, I can already see complaints of why can't I test out the new providers if they are locked to Pro only or well we had them but they took them away. All due to the fact people cant understand what a beta release is! Notice there is a checkbox in the settings to check for updates automatically when you launch AS and not once does it direct you to download the Beta, thus they are not hiding anything behind a paywall. It's a opt in trial and there will be bugs and issues and features not fully baked in thats part of a Beta. Welcome to software!
I know what a beta is. That doesn't mean I can't still be upset that I'll have to pay a very large premium for features I'm already enjoying in a month or so (or less).

I had the initial unable to login to HBM until I read about using the H logon tab to get through the Captcha and then went back to HBM tab and was able to login.
On Zack Snyder's Justice League I get the same stream initialization failed error. I tried the 4K and default 1080p resolutions same result. I also tried The Shack with same result.

In case another log and crash dump is helpful, I'm including my log after re-opening AS and bringing up the download page but not downloading since it crashes after clicking the download button. Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.7_Dump_20210721143527.astdmp
    950.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.5.7.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Zack Snyder's Justice League - [hbomax].astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I had the initial unable to login to HBM until I read about using the H logon tab to get through the Captcha and then went back to HBM tab and was able to login.

What's this witchcraft you're referring to with the H tab? I get that the H provider uses Recaptcha to login, and I just tried logging out and in to go through it and still get login errors on HM, so I'm assuming there a series of steps that are working for you?

I've noticed odd behavior with AP tab: If I start AS up in HM and go to the AP tab, it says I need to login, and about 1/2 the time, the AP page freezes at 100% and remains disabled where I can't login. If I start in AP and go to the HM tab, when I click the Login button, it just spins. Looking at the logs, the Recaptcha doesn't look to be wired up, so it doesn't actually try to log into the provider.

What's this witchcraft you're referring to with the H tab? I get that the H provider uses Recaptcha to login, and I just tried logging out and in to go through it and still get login errors on HM, so I'm assuming there a series of steps that are working for you?

I've noticed odd behavior with AP tab: If I start AS up in HM and go to the AP tab, it says I need to login, and about 1/2 the time, the AP page freezes at 100% and remains disabled where I can't login. If I start in AP and go to the HM tab, when I click the Login button, it just spins. Looking at the logs, the Recaptcha doesn't look to be wired up, so it doesn't actually try to log into the provider.

Another thread mentioned the Recaptcha issue and we will probably see another update soon once the developers add code to handle it better in the HM tab. It sounds like they weren't getting the Recaptcha issues during their testing like we are seeing so it was unexpected with the first release we have for HM testing. I don't have a H account but the steps were open AS, go to H tab and on the login page go through the Captcha validation, then go to the HM page and login. That worked for me. Once logged in, close AS and re-open it to get it saved. If you get logged in and go to download something and it crashes then you will have to go through the login steps again when you re-open AS.

Edit: I also made sure I logged into HM in a browser to validate my credentials since I have HM via my cable provider. Maybe that is another unexpected factor for those of us having issues if we don't subscribe directly to HM and get HM via another provider?

Last edited:
Back on track with Initialization Errors....

Failed download on HM. Logfile attached.

Attachments

• Initialization Error HM.astlog
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back