• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HBO Max - Can't Download

84Lion

Hello, I just signed up for HBO Max and started downloading episode 1 of Babylon 5. When I clicked on the download button, the Video Codec, Video Resolution, Audio Language, and Audio Track had nothing on the dropdown button, all were just blank. And the subtitles box was blank. I clicked on Download and Anystream crashed. This happened with 1.3.2.1 and then with 1.3.2.2. Dump file is attached.

I tried Amazon Prime and that appears to work fine.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2_Dump_20220216014714.astdmp
    7.1 MB · Views: 2
Hello, I just signed up for HBO Max and started downloading episode 1 of Babylon 5. When I clicked on the download button, the Video Codec, Video Resolution, Audio Language, and Audio Track had nothing on the dropdown button, all were just blank. And the subtitles box was blank. I clicked on Download and Anystream crashed. This happened with 1.3.2.1 and then with 1.3.2.2. Dump file is attached.

I tried Amazon Prime and that appears to work fine.

Thanks!

I had already snagged Babylon 5 previously without issue. But I tried it again and it worked OK for me. So the issue does not seem to be universal. Does it happen every single time and is it only with that one series or is it everything on HM? If it is you might try a uninstall/reinstall of AS.

Thanks. Some stuff works. "Nobody" seems to work OK. However, I tried "Friends," "The Mentalist," and "Fallout" and all three display the same behavior, blank boxes with no dropdown option and dumps when attempt to download. I'll try uninstall/reinstalling AS+. Which browser should the computer be set to as default, or does it not matter? I thought this might be a similar issue to Prime where you can't search and then start a download, you have to pick the show out of the list or it won't work. But I don't think that's the case since all the above shows listed that display the same behavior were listed on the start page; I didn't search for them.

<edit>I uninstalled Anystream and reinstalled (1.3.2.1), using a trial for now - displays same behavior as before, still does not download.

Last edited:
Let me try, what region are you in? Do you get an error? EDIT I have no issues with Friends or The Mentalist or Fallout they all download just fine. Try not using the queue and see if they download one at a time. We are currently having a small issue with the queue when you overload it. Try 2 or 3 episodes at a time.

Last edited:
I did try downloading one at a time, still does the same thing. I am in the US. It's strange that some titles seem to work but others don't. Do the dump files help at all? I think what is upsetting AS is the lack of info for the dropdowns. This is what the download screen looks like. I've never seen anything like it.
upload_2022-2-16_7-0-44.png

I have tried at least 30 different episodes and movies all are fine. What HBO subscript[tion do you have, there are some subscriptions that only allow you certain downloads if you are on their trial you can not download almost anything. It would be nice if you said what movie or show that was. No the dump file does not help right now. Only the developers can read them they are encrypted, make a log file and maybe I can see the issue. This sounds like a networking issue, if everyone had an issue with HBO this forum would have 100 posts complaining about it.
Very important, when was the last time HBO Max didn't give you an issue? Are you a new subscriber? What programs have you installed on your computer since the successful HYBO experience? Please answer these questions. Try HBO in your browser, not in AnyStream, and see if it works. Please tell me what movie or episode was above in the screenshot, this is absolutely on your end. I don't see another post about it. Uninstall anything you have installed since your last successful HBO experience. Tell me what subscription you have. I am going to eat my breakfast now, I will not sent this to the developers until you answer all my questions.

Last edited:
Sorry, thought I made that clear above. Show is Babylon 5 although I have the same problem with Friends, Mentalist, and Fallout although Nobody seems to work OK. I am a new sub (yesterday) to HBO Max, the $9.99 per month with ads tier. I tried HBO Max this morning via Chrome and I can watch Babylon 5 just fine. You may be correct about networking problems but I am at a loss as to what's causing it. I am downloading Icahn right now, that does work, when it downloads correctly I'll provide a log file. Can't provide anything but the dump file with Babylon 5 or the others that don't work, AS calls out an exception and crashes. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absolutely either a networking issue or an HBO Max issue, because
1. I am sure if you upgraded to the no ads plan it would work, you can try that for 1 month for a few dollars and always downgrade if the issue goes away, but if this were an AS problem this board would be lit up like a Xmas tree. When you give me a log I will tell you exactly what your issue is.

Sorry, thought I made that clear above. Show is Babylon 5 although I have the same problem with Friends, Mentalist, and Fallout although Nobody seems to work OK. I am a new sub (yesterday) to HBO Max, the $9.99 per month with ads tier. I tried HBO Max this morning via Chrome and I can watch Babylon 5 just fine. You may be correct about networking problems but I am at a loss as to what's causing it. I am downloading Icahn right now, that does work, when it downloads correctly I'll provide a log file. Can't provide anything but the dump file with Babylon 5 or the others that don't work, AS calls out an exception and crashes. :(

I will be able to see all your previous log files when you download the next one.

The log file for Icahn is attached. This downloaded properly and quick check shows that it plays fine in VLC.

You may be correct and I may try upgrading to the "no ads" version and see if that helps. However, I think it's strange that some stuff "works" and other stuff (mostly apparently TV series) don't. I would be curious to know if anyone downloading HBO Max via AS+ has the "no ads" version and no issues. If that's the case, I'm thinking that it's just some weird glitch specific to my situation.

I do appreciate your assistance in trying to solve this problem.

Attachments

• hbomax-Icahn- The Restless Billionaire.astlog
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Please pay attention when we have update you are using a really old version.You are using the trial version of AS, only allows 10 downloads and then 1 a day for 30 days. Once you reach 30 you are done with the trial. Do you have an AS license or not? Why are you using the trial and I do not know how you are using it if you have your network connected to the internet.
Download 64bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.3.2.2_64bit.exe

Download 32bit:
https://sandbox.redfox.bz/SetupAnyStream_1.3.2.2_32bit.exe

Changelog AnyStream

1.3.2.2 beta 2022-02-04

• Fix: Hulu implementation miscategorized some movies as unavailable
  • Improved: Amazon Prime Playlist parsing performance improvement
  • Fix: still some Amazon Series, when queued, could crash the application (different cause)
  • Fix: "Navigation is disabled" message when Amazon JS code triggers navigation events
  • some minor changes and fixes

I used the 1.3.2.2 beta version and it did the same thing. And, I rolled back to 1.2.8.0, which has the same problem. 1.2.8.0 "advertises" 1.3.2.1 as the latest version to upgrade to.
The reason I'm using a trial is because DQ (above) suggested uninstalling/reinstalling AS, which I did, and I deleted the registration information in the process. I thought I would try the trial version in case there was some issue with my registration. That doesn't seem to be the case. The trial version is doing exactly what AS+ did when I used my registration.
I have a paid-for registration for AS and recently got an AS+ upgrade (Ivan helped with that - thanks again, Ivan!), both lifetime. I have purchased virtually all of the Redfox/Elaborate Bytes products over the years (all lifetime licenses). I am connected to the internet via home wi-fi although this problem occurs even when connected to the router via ethernet.
I have had no trouble with AS previously. I have a sub to Hulu and have been downloading series and movies via that service with no issue. And AP as well.
I upgraded to 1.3.2.2 and have attached the dump file for Babylon 5 and a log file for My Cousin Vinnie, which did work.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2_Dump_20220216150257.astdmp
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • hbomax-My Cousin Vinny.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I used the 1.3.2.2 beta version and it did the same thing. And, I rolled back to 1.2.8.0, which has the same problem. 1.2.8.0 "advertises" 1.3.2.1 as the latest version to upgrade to.
The reason I'm using a trial is because DQ (above) suggested uninstalling/reinstalling AS, which I did, and I deleted the registration information in the process. I thought I would try the trial version in case there was some issue with my registration. That doesn't seem to be the case. The trial version is doing exactly what AS+ did when I used my registration.
I have a paid-for registration for AS and recently got an AS+ upgrade (Ivan helped with that - thanks again, Ivan!), both lifetime. I have purchased virtually all of the Redfox/Elaborate Bytes products over the years (all lifetime licenses). I am connected to the internet via home wi-fi although this problem occurs even when connected to the router via ethernet.
I have had no trouble with AS previously. I have a sub to Hulu and have been downloading series and movies via that service with no issue. And AP as well.
I upgraded to 1.3.2.2 and have attached the dump file for Babylon 5 and a log file for My Cousin Vinnie, which did work.

Do you think it could be your network? I only ask because AS tends be to sensitive to high latency and dropped packets. So even if you have a good amount of speed but are having quality issues it can cause problems that you might not see in other apps that are more forgiving. Not saying it is the case, just putting that out there.

DQ, yeah, I've had AS get squirrely if my wi-fi connection isn't the greatest. This just doesn't act like that. This acts more like the issues a few iterations back of AS when in AP it would conk out if you brought up the movie/show via a search. You had to bring up the show using the "offered" icon to get it to work. And for HBO Max it's happening via search and via "offered" icons. In this case, AS is just not bringing up anything for codec, etc. All the dropdowns are just blank. It's no wonder AS dumps. I may try RF 1's idea of upgrading to the no-commercials/4K tier of HBO Max. That's about the only thing I can think of. I do intend to continue to work with this, cogitate possible issues/solutions. If I manage to figure anything out, you all will be the next to know!

RF1, took your advice and upgraded to the "no commercials" tier and voila! Downloads are working! So apparently if you are on the lower tier, some stuff will download from HBO Max on AS+, but a lot of stuff won't for some reason. At least I've got it going and now I can binge on Babylon 5!

DQ, yeah, I've had AS get squirrely if my wi-fi connection isn't the greatest. This just doesn't act like that. This acts more like the issues a few iterations back of AS when in AP it would conk out if you brought up the movie/show via a search. You had to bring up the show using the "offered" icon to get it to work. And for HBO Max it's happening via search and via "offered" icons. In this case, AS is just not bringing up anything for codec, etc. All the dropdowns are just blank. It's no wonder AS dumps. I may try RF 1's idea of upgrading to the no-commercials/4K tier of HBO Max. That's about the only thing I can think of. I do intend to continue to work with this, cogitate possible issues/solutions. If I manage to figure anything out, you all will be the next to know!
So far it's only you, when and if it happens to another person, and I can get a log that's not from a trial that actually has any information in it I will pass it on to the developers. For now, I actually believe either a pop-up blocker or blockers are interfering with your downloads. Whatever it is, it is not on the AS side or someone else would have reported this.

Back