• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Have been getting four files with any rip lately.

TheEngineer

Starting about a month ago in addition to my iso file I am also getting the following three file types (Extensions):
.dvd
.dvdid.xml
.md5

Why am I getting these? Their not necessary and I have to delete a bunch of useless files.

Starting about a month ago in addition to my iso file I am also getting the following three file types (Extensions):
.dvd
.dvdid.xml
.md5

Why am I getting these? Their not necessary and I have to delete a bunch of useless files.
Are you ripping with AnyDVD all by itself? Also, are you ripping to folder or ripping to ISO?

So many questions here. Could you please give all the gory details in your process, including a AnyDVD log?

:thankyou:

Rip to image; i.e., an iso file to a folder on my hard disk.
You got me on the logs. Where might they be located?

Last edited:
.dvd
.dvdid.xml
.md5
These are created by AnyDVD. The md5 file is something with Hash, you can use this to check the integrety of the file, but I don't know how or why, you have to google that if you want to use it.

However, you can disable the .dvd files using the checkbox in the copy dialog (I have it in german here):
2022-04-04_103732.png

google the windows explorer hashtab extension ;) or QuickSFV software that should let you use that .md5 file :)

Solution found! That also eliminated the other two files. Thanks!
Just for the record, it's not recommended to rip to iso using AnyDVD. You should either use CloneDVD2 along with AnyDVD, or use AnyDVD to rip the DVD into a folder, and then process it with any method that you prefer, such as CloneDVD2, DVD Shrink, etc.

"The resulting rip from dvds containing structural protection when using "rip to image" may not be compliant with a lot of third party programs. So "rip to video-dvd to hardisk" is preferable."

The reason why is in this link below:

https://forum.redfox.bz/showthread.php?t=3992

Just for the record, it's not recommended to rip to iso using AnyDVD. You should either use CloneDVD2 along with AnyDVD, or use AnyDVD to rip the DVD into a folder, and then process it with any method that you prefer, such as CloneDVD2, DVD Shrink, etc.

"The resulting rip from dvds containing structural protection when using "rip to image" may not be compliant with a lot of third party programs. So "rip to video-dvd to hardisk" is preferable."

The reason why is in this link below:

https://forum.redfox.bz/showthread.php?t=3992

Curious. I noticed that the referenced info is from 2007. Apparently Nero fixed this issue because I have not been having any issues. I either burn a r/w dvd on bluray disk to watch. For those movies in between I have been use Corel's WinDVD player.

Curious. I noticed that the referenced info is from 2007. Apparently Nero fixed this issue because I have not been having any issues. I either burn a r/w dvd on bluray disk to watch. For those movies in between I have been use Corel's WinDVD player.
Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

:)

Back