• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Had a Blue Screen of Death After AnyStream Crashed

Phillip WNY

Was capturing a few movies and TV shows from Hulu and I came back to see the program had a crash message. I believe it claimed it would now open an Explorer window, presumably for some sort of log, but when I cleared the message, got a Blue Screen of Death related to memory and my machine rebooted.

Attached is my log file. Not sure if it had a chance to save the relevant info, but here goes.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.4.0.astlog
    297.6 KB · Views: 1
Did you have a chance to take a picture of the BSOD? There might be useful information inside.
I'm not sure, but you are the first reporting a Blue Screen, I don't think it's much related to AnyStream

FYI, it's supposed to be impossible for user-space programs like AnyStream to cause BSODs.

That doesn't mean it is impossible, but if it happens it's technically a bug in either Windows or a Windows driver, and a pretty serious one at that.

All of which is to say, this probably isn't a bug in AnyStream.

Did you have a chance to take a picture of the BSOD? There might be useful information inside.
I'm not sure, but you are the first reporting a Blue Screen, I don't think it's much related to AnyStream
AnyStream cannot cause a BSOD. Its never happened.

I too would think it is highly unlikely AS caused a BSOD. I would just chalk it up to a one off unless it continues to happen. Although if it did i would blame failing hardware before AS.

got a Blue Screen of Death related to memory
Since AS was about to show you a dump file (meaning it had a problem), and then you even got a blue screen I think your RAM might have been full or something. I also had some dump files already, but never a Blue Screen (for many years, if I ever had one it was a long time ago). However, for AS, I have a new PC with recent hardware and the one before was not bad either.
If you have an older PC, like my laptop, it might struggle, although even on that 10-year old laptop AS was of course slow, but I never had any problems beside that (but I only used it for a short period of time there).

So I think, unless you get more Blue Screens when using AS, you don't have to worry about it.

@Phillip WNY
You should take look in your windows history. Alle mistakes are saved here with a Code like 0ff12345 or so. This code can be tested by google search for it's vallue. So you can see what causes your problem. May be a bad driver or defective hardware. I'm pretty sure you'll find this.

Right click on your computer icon (If you are with win10) Selecct administration and than event display/windows events for system or application etc.
You will get a window like this information:
warning.jpg

With a click on "details" you´ll get a code a like this: {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} for your google search.

Attachments

• upload_2022-4-16_12-32-21.png
    upload_2022-4-16_12-32-21.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 3
@Phillip WNY
Notices are sometimes shown when you shut down Windows with an error. If you see warning signs there are important issues marked out. This can happen if you shut down Windows by pressing the power button. If you are not sure with the code ore the shown message, please contact me.

Back