• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide Guide to create an ISO with Dolby Vision from a MKV/DV

You should always read the entire post. I already told a member (ari2asem) on 14.08.2023 that the "dv_mkv_extractor" should no longer be used. It is no longer up-to-date and has been replaced by a more modern toolbox, which also offers many more possibilities.

The latest version is called "Dolby_Vision_Tool_v0.62".

Here is a link for you that should be used exclusively in the future:

https://mega.nz/folder/E5MjzAYD#xz9bKC8fnuQmOMo_ncjniQ

If you have any questions about this toolbox, please ask here:

And with this toolbox you can create an ISO UHD DV IMAX from an MKV DV 08.06 without any problems. Here's a recent example:

Attachments

• AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (IMAX) MKV DV 08.06..txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
  • AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (IMAX) Iso UHD DV IMAX.txt
    9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
it took me a while to understand the process im not familiar with what everything is named, got their in end, i also use plex to play some files and it currently doesn't support dv 07.06 it gives a black screen but plays audio, apparently if i convert mkv 07.06 to 08.06 mkv it will work, does the toolbox do this???, its easier for me to ask, once ive learnt steps i can do it, thanks again for your support, appreciate it, hope your good

Last edited:
hi,

ive managed to convert a 07 to 08 extracting the bl and rpu and injecting them together then remuxing them back with audio using mkvtoolnix , the end result now works and plays dv in plex no problem, no more black screen, one thing i noticed is the file size of end result has gone down quite a lot, is this normal?? it looks fine but im guessing removing el has made some sort of difference, im happy anyway as im only doing this on old movies, new movies i will keep same and play through oppo not plex, thanks again for everything

It has to be smaller because you only keep the metadata from the DolbyVision stream.
Since the DolbyVision stream usually has around 10% of the video stream, these gigabytes are now lost

Hi everyone

I have a MKV file from a recording of a Iphone and has this HDR info:

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.05, BL+RPU, HLG compatible

This tutorial works to convert to ISO keeping the all HDR formats?

Hi everyone

I have a MKV file from a recording of a Iphone and has this HDR info:

HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.05, BL+RPU, HLG compatible

This tutorial works to convert to ISO keeping the all HDR formats?
From the very first sentence in this thread
Only MKV/DV`s with Dolby Vision Version conforming to 1.0 dvhe.07.06 BL+EL+RPU Blu-ray can be processed

You can definitely try this guide.

Tutorial to make a 4k ISO with DolbyVision from a web rip MKV containing DolbyVision (Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible):

(Packaged version re-uploaded.)

Last edited:
You can definitely try this guide.

Tutorial to make a 4k ISO with DolbyVision from a web rip MKV containing DolbyVision (Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible):

(Packaged version re-uploaded.)
Thanks so much for this one

I was trying to do the step, however DVDfab when I open the m2ts generated by tsmuxer to Creator of DVDFab, it says that doesnt exist any format and it doesnt detect the HDR10

And checking the metadata of m2ts appears the following:

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L4.1@Main
Codec ID : 36
Duration : 2 h 25 min
Bit rate : 18.2 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Stream size : 18.5 GiB (96%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : HLG
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant

Unfortunately, they didn't mention that this is 1080p material. Then, of course, it won't work out that way. I assumed it was 3840p footage.

Unfortunately, they didn't mention that this is 1080p material. Then, of course, it won't work out that way. I assumed it was 3840p footage.
Ok and does exist any way to fix the resolution and can detect correctly the frame rate and resolution?

Of course, you can do this by extracting the 1080p image information, removing HDR and DV in the process. After that, you'll need to upscale the 1080p footage to 3840p, recalculating HDR in the process. You can then also recalculate DV on this basis. All of this is very complicated, but quite doable. However, it requires very expensive programs and correspondingly excellent expertise.

Of course, you can do this by extracting the 1080p image information, removing HDR and DV in the process. After that, you'll need to upscale the 1080p footage to 3840p, recalculating HDR in the process. You can then also recalculate DV on this basis. All of this is very complicated, but quite doable. However, it requires very expensive programs and correspondingly excellent expertise.
Aps ok :/

The only way to convert to Blu ray is removing DV using DDVT_remover adn tsmuxer will works fine

Back