• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Greenish tint on 4k downloads from Max

TheBSharp

This wasn't an issue in the past, but lately all of my 4k downloads from Max have had a green tint to them.

Any idea why or anything I can do about it?

Is it on all downloads or just a particular season? Also, could it have something to do with HDR? I am not familiar with it, I think it was washed out colours only instead of greenish tint, but want to mention it just in case.

It's an HDR/DV issue. The playback equipment you have doesn't like the HDR flags in the files you downloaded. Like you downloaded a file encoded as DV, but your equipment only supports HDR.

One of the download options gives you a file encoded with Dovi profile that has both DV and HDR10 fall back.

you download only hdr10 2160p. Not dolby vision, do not have a TV license and cannot support that TV

Last edited:
When you're selecting the codec choose HEVC instead of HEVC Dolby Vision and it'll look fine. HEVC will include both Dolby Vision (DV) and HDR10 and will play whatever your TV/setup supports. The DV version only supports DV and has no HDR fallback option so it will look green and the colors will be off.

1708316866250.png

When you're selecting the codec choose HEVC instead of HEVC Dolby Vision and it'll look fine. HEVC will include both Dolby Vision (DV) and HDR10 and will play whatever your TV/setup supports. The DV version only supports DV and has no HDR fallback option so it will look green and the colors will be off.

View attachment 77605
"HEVC will include both Dolby Vision (DV) and HDR10"

Is that really the case? If that is amazing! I've been wrestling with should I grab the Dolby Vision version of the HDR10 version for maximum compatibility with my different TVs. But if the HEVC (4k) option grabs both encodings, then I guess I don't need to decide. So, just to be clear, I'm not doubting, I'm just amazed and that makes my day :dance:

"HEVC will include both Dolby Vision (DV) and HDR10"

Is that really the case? If that is amazing! I've been wrestling with should I grab the Dolby Vision version of the HDR10 version for maximum compatibility with my different TVs. But if the HEVC (4k) option grabs both encodings, then I guess I don't need to decide. So, just to be clear, I'm not doubting, I'm just amazed and that makes my day :dance:
There are different profiles used to encode the files which are downloaded when you select a 4K resolution.

Of course to get a 4K file, you must select either HEVC or HEVC Dolby Vision from the Video Codec drop down box.

With HEVC and 4K resolution selected to download, you'll get a file using one of the following profiles:
  • Profile: SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible which is HDR10 only
  • Profile: dvhe.08.06 which is DV with fall back to HDR10
  • Profile: dvhe.07.06 which is DV with fall back to HDR10
Files with the first profile will play as HDR10 on equipment that supports it. You'll get greenish or washed out picture if your equipment doesn't support HDR10.

Files with the last two profile swill play as Dolby Vision if your equipment supports it. If not it will try HDR10, however if neither DV nor HDR10 is supported by your equipment, you'll get "greenish" picture, or washed out picture.

With HEVC Dolby Vision and a 4K resolution selected to download, you'll get a file using the following profile:
  • Profile: dvhe.05.06 which is Dolby Vision only.
This profile is only playable by equipment that fully supports Dolby Vision. Again if DV isn't supported by your playback equipment, you'll get "greenish" picture, or washed out picture.

Last edited:
FWIW, Plex on Google TV (Sony TV) can play back HEVC Dolby Vision downloads from Max properly without the green / purple tint issue. I haven't tried it on any of their other clients.

I am moving this thread to general chat as it’s not in AnyStream issue

Back