• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Edit:

I got the error of emulation software now as well when i try to run the profile

An update:

I got that error when I tried to run the profile.

I recently re-installed the game on my C-drive while I had it installed on my G-drive, the drive I use for installing games.
I made a new profile with the launchgta.exe which was now on my C-drive and after a reboot the profile still works without the DVD in my DVD-drive.

Maybe it has to be installed on the same drive as GJP to work correctly ?

So it is/was working?

Edit:

I got the error of emulation software now as well when i try to run the profile

Now it's not working at all?

2 things to try. 1) under the profile's advanced setting make sure "game management" is set to fully supported. If that does nto work please try the beta drivers located here http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=32470

After doing as you told me I still get the emulation software error.
Do I need to recreate the profile after copying the drivers ?
Recreate it in another way perhaps ?

I have just posted new beta drivers (v4.0.0.1)... please try these.

I copied the new drivers and recreated the securom profile.
After that I rebooted.

After I rebooted the profile still works.
I will reboot later on today again to see if it still works.

Not going to get my hopes up yet ;)

TS

After I rebooted the profile worked.
Then I shut it down for tonight and now I am getting the emulation error again.

Hmmm... this emulation error drives me nuts!

If you have the dvd in the drive when you run the profile, do you still get the message?

Yes. I still get the message even when the DVD is in the drive.

When you don't use Game Jackal with the dvd, do you get the message?

What you're describing suggests the emulation message has nothing to do with Game Jackal--but with something else on your system. That is, if a game won't run without Game Jackal, it won't run with Game Jackal either.

When I use the normal way to play the game via inserting the dvd and launching the normal gta4.exe it just works.

So when I use gamejackal and I create a profile it works as long as I dont reboot/shut down the computer.
Without GJ the game works when the dvd is in the drive

When I use the normal way to play the game via inserting the dvd and launching the normal gta4.exe it just works.

So when I use gamejackal and I create a profile it works as long as I dont reboot/shut down the computer.
Without GJ the game works when the dvd is in the drive

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Game Jackal engine stuff is out of my league, so you'll need to wait for matthew to respond.

One thing i need to clarify...you re-captured the profile with the v4.0.0.1 drivers in gen 5 mode?

At this stage it may be best to wait for the v4 beta to come out... should be here later in a few days.

After I copied the betadrivers to the folder where it should be copied to, I recreated the profile via the Securom-profile way.
I don't know what you mean with Gen 5 mode though

TS

After I copied the betadrivers to the folder where it should be copied to, I recreated the profile via the Securom-profile way.
I don't know what you mean with Gen 5 mode though

TS

Follow the instructions to change to Gen 5 mode.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=32470

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

@matthew:
Wouldn't it be better to do a little renaiming trick to make the Version 4 of GameJackal work with Gen 4 drivers and not Gen 5 drivers. That might confuse people.
So just when you release GameJackal 4 and you change one number of the driver gen. ;)

i am using GJ 3.2.1.4 + the beta drivers
So i take it i have gen 5 mode then ?

Sorry to say, but I'm not surprised, you can't get GTA IV to work.
:D:D:D

That comment is not necessary. I've already warned you about insulting others/rude commentary before. :policeman:

If you have to say "sorry" or "no offense", then don't post.

Last edited:
Back