• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Thunderstrucker

I cannot get GTA4 to work with GJ as well.

I make a 'securom'-profile and lets it do it's magic on the launchgta4.exe.

After I get the message that the profile is completed I get an error when I try to run the game without the DVD.

The log file doesn't show anything about this error.

The error is the one I enclosed in this message:
GroteFoto-B7Y4A3V3.jpg

Anyone an idea ?

Thanks in advance.
Thunderstrucker

Attachments

• Summary.txt
    668 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited:
# What version of Game Jackal are you running?

# What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1

# What protection does your game use?
SecuROM Detected - Version 07.38.0014

# What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
Grand Theft Auto 4

# What is the version of the game?
Patch 1040

# Is it CD or DVD version?
DVD

# What region or country is the original disc from?
I live in Holland. Bought the DVD from the uk

# What CPU are you running?
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

# What optical drives (dvd-rom, cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
- Optiarc AD-7170S Firmware 1.3
- TSSTCORP SH-S182D SB07 0403

# What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
Windows Live One Care

# Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
I clicked 'Create Profile' and created a Securom profile, I selected my Drive (I tried with selecting both of them) then continued and the program asked for the DVD which I inserted. The game started and when I shut it down I got the message the profile was completed. Yet when I try to launch the game without the DVD I get the error which can be seen in the first message of this topic which says:

'Access violation at address 00404A48 in module 63877.exe. Read of address 83EC8B31

You said: Also when posting log files, ensure you export them from the log viewer.
How do I do that ?
I enclosed the log after renaming it to .txt.
Did I do something wrong ?

does the issue also happen when you do NOT use game jackal? (ie: original exe, original disk, does the crash still occour), just to rule out the possibility that the issue may not be gamejackal related

The first thing I would do is upgrade to v3.2.1.4
If you still experience issues... we'll go from there.

Alright. I got myself 3.2.1.4
What are the steps I need to follow ?

- Create profile
- Securom profile
- Selected the drive
- Inserted the game
- Game launches
- I shut game down
- Profile completed

That's the correct order right ?

How did you manage it? I haven't got it working... Still says: "Conflict with emulation software detected"

Which Executable did you choose?

you got clonedvd installed?
I know when Sims 2 was released i couldnt play it cause it detected emulation software as well.
When i uninstalled clonedvd everything worked fine.

I never got that message you have with GTA4 cause i dont have clonedvd installed.

TS

you got clonedvd installed?
I know when Sims 2 was released i couldnt play it cause it detected emulation software as well.
When i uninstalled clonedvd everything worked fine.

I never got that message you have with GTA4 cause i dont have clonedvd installed.

TS

Clonedvd never causes emulation messages at all--and never could.

Virtual Clonedrive might.

I have Sims 2 and 3 installed here. And I have all Slysoft products installed as well. No issues (because I know how to disable virtual drives easily enough).

i used launchgta as given in another topic about gta4
i know for 80% that when i uninstalled clonedvd from my pc, i didnt get the emulation software message when i wanted to play sims 2

i got DVD Shrink and Nero installed and DaemonTools. Thats about it when it comes to programs that the game might see as emulation software.

TS

i know for 80% that when i uninstalled clonedvd from my pc, i didnt get the emulation software message when i wanted to play sims 2

That has nothing to do with it and was merely coincidental. Clonedvd cannot cause emulation error messages with that game.

Last edited:
I tried to make a new profile now since i formatted my pc and now i got the message that it failed to recognize the dvd.

I will look into it.

Ok. I re-created the profile with GJ 3.2.1.4 - Securom Profile
The profile works until I reboot the PC.
Once it is rebooted and I launch the profile I get the error 'Wrong CD/DVD placed'.

I do not get why I get this error because I don't see why it asks again for the CD/DVD.

An update:

I got that error when I tried to run the profile.

I recently re-installed the game on my C-drive while I had it installed on my G-drive, the drive I use for installing games.
I made a new profile with the launchgta.exe which was now on my C-drive and after a reboot the profile still works without the DVD in my DVD-drive.

Maybe it has to be installed on the same drive as GJP to work correctly ?

Back