• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.1.3 (RC1)

Interesting... we are unable to replicate this issue on any of out test machines. For this release we did put some code in place that we hoped would sort this out. What happens if you fit F3 while explorer is displaying the ghost info?
Refreshing the view doesn't change anything.

About replicating the issue. Have you tried to replicate it like I described before? Start Win7 x64 computer with no disk on drive, then launch a game with gamejackal profile and exit. Then you should see the icon when you open My Computer.

If you have - even once - inserted a real disk in DVD-drive after boot, then GameJackal doesn't do this after quitting a game and everything seems normal.

Edit-> I also realized that I always use GameJackal with Securom default profile.. I really don't know if it helps in tracking down the issue but I thought it should be mentioned.

Last edited:
Edit-> I also realized that I always use GameJackal with Securom default profile.. I really don't know if it helps in tracking down the issue but I thought it should be mentioned.

That doesn't matter. Dragon Age is a disc check similar to the Sims 3. I'm not using a Securom profile for that game.

But the common denominator here is Windows 7 x64 and not having discs in any optical drives.

Last edited:
That doesn't matter. Dragon Age is a disc check similar to the Sims 3. I'm not using a Securom profile for that game.

But the common denominator here is Windows 7 x64.

This sounds crazy but I accidentally found a way to stop it from happening. Just follow me for a moment.

1. I happened to have been dealing with a Blu-ray disc in my LG GGC-H20L and I forgot to remove it. This is Drive V on my system.
  2. When creating game profiles my Samsung SH-S223F is used. That's Drive U.
  3. I ran my Batman Arkham Asylum profile and exited.
  4. AnyDVD HD, of course, is disabled during game playback and is re-enabled when the profile is de-activated.
  5. When AnyDVD HD is re-activated it scanned the disc in Drive V and the problem didn't occur.
  6. I then took that disc out and again fired up Batman. Now when I exit the problem won't occur even though all my optical drives are empty.
  7. I fired up my DA:O profile and then exited and, again, no problem even though the drive is empty.

I can't make the problem occur now but if I were to reboot and do all this with empty drives I highly suspect that the drive would continue to list the phantom disc being emulated. I understand why the problem doesn't occur when there is an actual disc in one of the other drives but not why the problem doesn't occur after removing a disc after the first time.

I can't make the problem occur now but if I were to reboot and do all this with empty drives I highly suspect that the drive would continue to list the phantom disc being emulated

Yes. The way to cause the problem to occur is to a) not to have discs in your drives and b) use Windows 7 x64.

The combination of those two will trigger the problem of seeing a phantom disc in "Computer".

Regardless, if you put any disk in the drive you profiled with, Dragon Age won't launch.

Last edited:
Yes. The keys are a) not to have discs in your drives and b) use Windows 7 x64.

Those two will trigger the problem.

Regardless, if you put any disk in the drive you profiled with, Dragon Age won't launch.

I'm not sure I follow. I'll test but I don't know what exactly you mean so I can't test it. If you mean trying to fire up a profile with a DVD already in that drive then, ugh, bad results and that isn't new. In my experience it causes a complete lock-up of the system. IMHO there should be a check before executing the emulation checking for the presence of a disc and if there is then it should gracefully abort and tell you to remove the disc. If you mean after completely deactivating the profile when exiting a game then I don't have problems. In fact, I go nearly a week between reboots and use the Samsung for my profiles and that's my DVD reading/ripping drive and never have an issue.

If you mean trying to fire up a profile with a DVD already in that drive then, ugh, bad results and that isn't new

Yes (well, a dvd that isn't actually the game disc)

In my experience it causes a complete lock-up of the system.

Yes

IMHO there should be a check before executing the emulation checking for the presence of a disc and if there is then it should gracefully abort and tell you to remove the disc.

Yes

Last edited:
Yes. The way to cause the problem to occur is to a) not to have discs in your drives and b) use Windows 7 x64.

The combination of those two will trigger the problem of seeing a phantom disc in "Computer".

Actually, even though I am no longer on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (Windows 7 Pro x64 now) the problem did occur on that OS starting with v3.2.1.4.

Can the devs look at the changes that were made for v3.2.1.4 and go from there? Whatever was done for that release seems to have been carried forward so this issue keep cropping up in each subsequent release.

This problem isn't unique to v4 and Windows 7 x64.

Ok thanks to everyones help with the ghost drive issue, we have managed to replicate this... we will get it sorted for rc2.

Ok thanks to everyones help with the ghost drive issue, we have managed to replicate this... we will get it sorted for rc2.

Thanks for the update, matthew.

Just an FYI to Eset ESS/NOD32 users, I removed my exclusions from ESS and redownloaded RC1 and the false-positive appears resolved.

If anyone cares Game Jackal handles The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion pack (North America release) perfectly fine using the automatic option.

That's good news.

Does "Tools"-->"Create manually" supposed to do anything?

Farcry

I don't know if it's just me
But I can't seem to get the farcry profile to work
I've tried making the profile from phyiscal disk
and from virtual disk neither has worked

Note game plays fine from Alcohol virtual drive

is this a bug???

Ok I did use a physical drive with retail CD to make the profile that didn't work.
Then I tried a virtual drive since my CD image works fine. was worth a shot

Other then blacklisting is there any reason that a virtual drive can't be used??

I'm running Windows 7 32bit
Intel i7 920

The US version of the game, updated to version 1.4 it uses safedisk 3.015.10

I tried the predefined profile and automatic neither has worked.

I'm running the extended image mode now
will let you know if that works

On the predefined profiles is all the settings and tweaks that should get the game to work stored in them or just the path to the executable?
for example if you try to profile a game that streams data from the disk
would the extended mode check box be selected for that predefined profile??

Thanks

FYI Extended profiling didn't work either!

Since This RC has worked with much newer
games using some of the latest protection schemes.

This maybe some sort of bug

Thanks

Other then blacklisting is there any reason that a virtual drive can't be used??

Precisely due to blacklisting--and virtual drives should not be profiled from since they don't contain/offer the required data needed.

You need to provide a log file as requested in the link.

Here is the log info done using predefined profile with image mode turned on

Attachments

• Far Cry.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 3
Here is the log info done using predefined profile with image mode turned on

O.k., thank you. But I think you need to at least try to run the game--and then upload the profile. All that profile appears to indicate is that you created a profile using image mode. It doesn't show the error that occurs from actually trying to run it (at least, I can't find that info). So try running the profile. And then upload the log file again.

By the way, I recommend updating Anydvd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=233266&postcount=1 (doing so won't fix this problem though)

Last edited:
Back