• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

GameJackal v4.0.1.3 (RC1)

Hello,

When I went to download this file, my AntiVirus alert on it. AV claims that it was infect with "probably unknown NewHuer_PE Virus" - usually this can me a false positive but it can also me the file is infected.

My AV is NOD32 with current defs. Could SlySoft please verify if the file is ok. I think it a false positive but I reporting it here to be safe.

~Thanks for your help,
Dyslextic

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks Webslinger, I figure it is. I have already contact Eset on there support form about this.

Thanks,
Dyslextic

ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 will both flag the installer as NewHeur_PE. If you actually get ESS/NOD32 to ignore that and let you get the installer downloaded then you will later get a warning that Server.exe which is part of GameJackal and located in the GameJackal install folder will also be flagged as NewHeur_PE. I mailed both Server.exe and the entire GJ installer to ESET.

I suggest that everyone else having the problem contact ESET, as well. Follow the directions from the link Webslinger posted. Pay close attention to the directions.

Thank you, this has been a pita since trying to download the new version.

Usually Nod32 is pretty good with this sort of thing :clap:

While waiting on Eset to update, I played around with it and came up with the following:

nod32f.jpg

Everything installs fine, tho you may still get a warning about the possible
virus, NOD32 will let everything install and run just fine afterwards.

NOTE: Change the first line to where YOU install GJ. Change the 2nd line to where YOU download GJ to.
gjprocopy.jpg

With those settings all future installs should go just fine as well. Only
problem will be for those who download from an illegal source and then
they get what they deserve if it really does have a virus in it 8)

You sure about it? It still does that for me on my comp.

Hmm, yeah, there's still a problem. It worked when I was using Dragon Age, but the problem is still there with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mounted.JPG
    mounted.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 49
Okay, so here are three main problems that I see:

1. Mounted images should not appear after exiting a profile with Windows 7 x64.

2. Launching Dragon Age profile with any disc in the drive the profile was created with will cause the profile not to work at all with Windows 7 x64.

3. Selecting "Tools"-->"Create manually" doesn't do anything.

You sure about it? It still does that for me on my comp.

Interesting... we are unable to replicate this issue on any of out test machines. For this release we did put some code in place that we hoped would sort this out. What happens if you fit F3 while explorer is displaying the ghost info?

Okay, so here are three main problems that I see:

1. Mounted images should not appear after exiting a profile with Windows 7 x64.

Still occurs on my Windows 7 Ultimate system.

Hmm, yeah, there's still a problem. It worked when I was using Dragon Age, but the problem is still there with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

It occurs for me with my DA:O profile every single time I use it.

Interesting... we are unable to replicate this issue on any of out test machines. For this release we did put some code in place that we hoped would sort this out.

:(

What happens if you fit F3 while explorer is displaying the ghost info?

Nothing happens other than the Windows Explorer Search Computer drop box dropping down.

Guys I think he means press F5 ;).

I had wondered about that. F3 made no sense to me. Nonetheless, no, F5 makes no difference at all. Once I've activated a profile and exited there is a 95% percent chance that upon exiting a profile that the system will still believe the game disc is in the drive. The issue can be resolved by either inserting a new DVD into that specific drive or rebooting. I wonder if it has anything to do with all my optical drives connected to a PCI-e SATA/eSATA/IDE controller card...

Last edited:
Command & Conquer 3, Win7 64 Ultimate:

Yeah, every game is doing it for me as well now, including Dragon age using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate:

attachment.php

By the way, you should completely disable VCD if you encounter problems running games (set number of drives to "0").

Attachments

• dragonage.JPG
    dragonage.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 42
Back