GameJackal 2.9.18.577 (beta)

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by Tom, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Tom

Tom Redfox Team Member Staff Member

2. vem72

vem72 New Member

Not work with TDU patch 1.66a

GJ 2.9.18.577(beta) not work with TDU patch 1.66a.
    Say "Game Jackal detected.."
    GJ 2.9.18.570 work with TDU patch 1.66a without problem.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

TDU = Test Drive Unlimited?

Do you have Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, or any other virtual drives on your system? If so, turn off those virtual drives.

If you also happen to have Anydvd or Clonecdtray running, exit those programs--and reprofile.

4. matthew

matthew SlySoft Team Member

"Game Jackal detected.."?? Where does this appear?

5. matthew

6. ShadowDestroyer

ShadowDestroyer Well-Known Member

Diablo 2 still doesn't work on .577. All the information needed is in the "games that do not work" category from a few months ago.

Also, I am still having the issue with nothing happening when I use a game jackal shortcut.

7. matthew

Are these shortcut from the pre-SlySoft version of GJ?

8. ShadowDestroyer

No, they were created with the latest version of Game Jackal .577.

9. Ryland

Ryland Member

When GJ starts up I receive a popup that says "Unable to load all Game Jackal files, some games profiles may not work. Please contact support. (SWH-E)

10. Ryland

Ryland Member

I have GJ running in admin mode and when I click on the shortcut to Bioshock to create a GJ profile nothing happens.

11. khlb

khlb Well-Known Member

That message is normal if you attempted to follow the guidelines as detailed in this post:
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49178&postcount=27

It is a normal sideeffect of step #2.

12. matthew

Actually... this is different to the error you will get because of "step 2". Ryland... I believe you are running GJ in admin mode, however is your user running under an admin account?

13. Anakha56

Anakha56 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Why does GJ have to scan every last file? Even those that are not related to copy protection? This capture was when I was trying to get kingdoms to work and all of a sudden my pc went slow. Looked at the profile creation and to my suprise I see GJ scanning everything including the maps on the dvd. This process happened after "Analyzing media" and after "Creating Profile" then it does this. I have noticed GJ doing it with other games but this was the only one where it caused my pc to be slow.

14. ShadowDestroyer

Because those files are actually read from CD when playing, so GameJackal has to copy them. Most games don't need to read while playing.