• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackel Pro 4.0.2.2. Release

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Release v4.0.2.2 - release (2010-03-03)
- A number of driver bug fixes and improvements including.
1) BSOD and system lockups when capturing a profile.
2) Game Jackal not deactivating after the profile's application has closed.
3) Improved profile creation process.
4) Added driver option (0x400000) to prevent the eject command from shutting down the active profile.
- Fixed an issue with the creation of Tages profiles.
- Tages profile creating using image mode now works correctly.
- When unlocking the Game Jackal interface, the right-click profile menu now works correctly.
- When creating NoCD profiles, image mode and quick launch options are now disabled (this was causing an issue for some users).
- The installer now attempts to stop the Game Jackal server prior to installing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to try this one out.
What is the best way to upgrade to 4.x ?

I have 3.x installed, with a lot of profiles and no-cd profiles.

Should I:
A. Uninstall 3.x, then install 4.x? This will require re-doing all my profiles over again, which I HATE doing.

B. Make a backup of the whole 3.x GJ dir first (this goes w/o saying) and install 4.x on top of the 3.x, and keep both GJ's on the system? Will this be the best compatibility option?

C. Make a backup of the whole 3.x GJ dir first (this goes w/o saying) and install 4.x on top of the 3.x, and uninstall GJ 3.x after the import process has been completed?

People seem to have had problems with doing A or C. So, is B my best bet?

TIA

I download the installer for 4.0.2.2 and I get the following error message:
The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Is anyone else encountering this?

I download the installer for 4.0.2.2 and I get the following error message:
The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Is anyone else encountering this?

Simply purge your browser's cache and re-download it. Typically an integrity-problem caused by a (temporarely) faulty internet connection.

I may have to try this one out.
What is the best way to upgrade to 4.x ?

I have 3.x installed, with a lot of profiles and no-cd profiles.

Should I:
A. Uninstall 3.x, then install 4.x? This will require re-doing all my profiles over again, which I HATE doing.

B. Make a backup of the whole 3.x GJ dir first (this goes w/o saying) and install 4.x on top of the 3.x, and keep both GJ's on the system? Will this be the best compatibility option?

C. Make a backup of the whole 3.x GJ dir first (this goes w/o saying) and install 4.x on top of the 3.x, and uninstall GJ 3.x after the import process has been completed?

People seem to have had problems with doing A or C. So, is B my best bet?

TIA

I went with option B, and kept both v3 and v4 on the system.
I made a Bioshock 2 profile (full disk), and it works, but every time I get the 'Emulation software detected' message the first time I run the profile. :(
When I click Retry on that message, the game plays fine after that. :clap:

I went with option B, and kept both v3 and v4 on the system.
I made a Bioshock 2 profile (full disk), and it works, but every time I get the 'Emulation software detected' message the first time I run the profile. :(
When I click Retry on that message, the game plays fine after that. :clap:

We are working on that.

I upgraded to 4.0.2.2 now Civ4 won't work

I tried the advice in other sections of the forum, but no dice. I have rebuilt the profile three times, even did an image. I'm running MS Security Essentails, not running an .iso loading program like DemonTools.

What changed since the previous version?
What information do you need to troubleshoot?

We are working on that.

No problem matthew.
I am just glad to not have the disk laying on my table, AND I can still play my old titles too (Tomb raider 1-3, Carmageddon 2, etc).

I just hope I can get a Carmageddon 1 profile going. I just bought a disk from amazon. Cant wait to play that classic again.

Poop.
Tried to make a Blood 2 profile (not full, just regular).
It seemed to build fine.
When I tried to run the profile (after it was created), I got a BSOD.
After rebooting from the BSOD, all the profiles are gone.
Lucky I only had Bioshock 2 and the Blood 2 profiles.

I opened the mini dump, and it just shows 'possibly ntkernel' as the culprit.
:(

For some reason, in XP x64, I dont have the ability to do a full memory dump anymore (I think one of the MS updates removed that ability, dang them).

GJ is impatient...

I just installed this version hoping it might work now with SecuROM 7 games. I'm trying to create a profile for TRA (SecuROM v07.32.0012) however GJ doesn't wait until I've excited the game before it starts profiling, hell it doesn't even wait until the game has started, it starts profiling whilst the SecuROM check is still busy! What am I doing wrong here? :confused:

I just installed this version hoping it might work now with SecuROM 7 games. I'm trying to create a profile for TRA (SecuROM v07.32.0012) however GJ doesn't wait until I've excited the game before it starts profiling, hell it doesn't even wait until the game has started, it starts profiling whilst the SecuROM check is still busy! What am I doing wrong here? :confused:

2 Questions...
1) What version of GJ did you have before?
2) What AV software are you running?

Just wanted to let you know, I did a full image of both, and dont have any problems with either now (bioshock 2 and Blood 2).

I think the BSOD might have been from running both GJ versions at the same time?
Although I did close v3 before starting the blood 2 profile.
Anyway, I wont be doing that again.
:)

2 Questions...
1) What version of GJ did you have before?
2) What AV software are you running?

1) I can't remember what the last version I had was, it was an earlier v4? I just installed into my old folder so I wouldn't lose the one profile I had that was working.

2) Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

EDIT: Of all the bloody things that could be the problem it was Kaspersky that was interfering with GJ. I paused the protection for the game startup and the game started up normally and GJ managed to not only capture the startup but also create a working profile afterwards. Really awesome work guys, now the test comes in whether or not the profile will work when Kaspersky is not disabled. :/

Is there any particular reason why AV software causes problems with GJ? If only I'd tried this before I deleted all my old GJ files. :(

Last edited:
EDIT: Of all the bloody things that could be the problem it was Kaspersky that was interfering with GJ. I paused the protection for the game startup and the game started up normally and GJ managed to not only capture the startup but also create a working profile afterwards. Really awesome work guys, now the test comes in whether or not the profile will work when Kaspersky is not disabled. :/

Is there any particular reason why AV software causes problems with GJ? If only I'd tried this before I deleted all my old GJ files. :(

Yes this is a problem at the moment... we are looking into it.

I had BioShock working, and then applied the update, now it detects GameJackel and will not start. I get the following message:

SecuROM™ has determined that an emulation tool ('GameJackal') is running in the background. Please close this tool in order to start the application.

I had BioShock working, and then applied the update, now it detects GameJackel and will not start. I get the following message:

SecuROM™ has determined that an emulation tool ('GameJackal') is running in the background. Please close this tool in order to start the application.

I assume you are referring to an update for BioShock 2? Please try the new beta from here.

Back