• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal to 2.9.18.590 problem

Error creating registry key : RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 1021
A search for this error code returned "Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key.". Which seems to indicate an issue with the GJ registry key, or your registry in general.
Try this... uninstall GJ then delete the Game Jackal directory and the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SLYSOFT\GAMEJACKAL" then re-install.

A search for this error code returned "Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key.". Which seems to indicate an issue with the GJ registry key, or your registry in general.
Try this... uninstall GJ then delete the Game Jackal directory and the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SLYSOFT\GAMEJACKAL" then re-install.

Successfully installed GameJackal with 'automatically start-up' option in Windows Visa 32 bit OS this time. However, the following two error messages still pop-up when loading the program -

'Unable to load all Game Jackal files, some game profiles may not work. Please contact support (H-M).'

'Unable to load all Game Jackal files, some game profiles may not work. Please contact support (L-M).'

[I was not aware that they were two different messages when I reported to you earlier]

Also the profile created for 'World in Conflict' does not work. I just started with normally with 'GameJackal is active ....... CD/DVD is inaccessible........'. After a while, it ended with 'GameJackal diabled .......'

The profile created using the same method in Windows XP works fine. Any suggested solution?

:(:(

Basically... this error message is being caused because some GJ startup files cannot be copied as required. Can you please post your "profile.log" file after you try and start World in Conflict (this will be in the GJ directory).

Basically... this error message is being caused because some GJ startup files cannot be copied as required. Can you please post your "profile.log" file after you try and start World in Conflict (this will be in the GJ directory).

The profile.log file for GJ installed in Traditional Chinese Windows Vista is

'Game Jackal log file - Profile
Log date - 24/10/2007 8:54:10 下午

[24/10/2007 8:54:10 下午] Profile - World in Conflict
[24/10/2007 8:54:10 下午] Profile mode: 2
[24/10/2007 8:54:10 下午] Profile CP: 1
[24/10/2007 8:54:11 下午] Driver mode: 43533
[24/10/2007 8:54:11 下午] Using external launcher - C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\?櫑綻??L.exe
[24/10/2007 8:54:21 下午] Media information
[24/10/2007 8:54:21 下午] Name - WIC
[24/10/2007 8:54:21 下午] Serial - 258571
[24/10/2007 8:54:21 下午] Size - 0
[24/10/2007 8:54:21 下午] Profile deactivated.'

The profile.log file for GJ installed in Traditional Chinese Windows XP is

'Game Jackal log file - Profile
Log date - 24/10/2007 10:08:26 p

[24/10/2007 10:08:26 p] Profile - Supreme Commander
[24/10/2007 10:08:26 p] Profile mode: 2
[24/10/2007 10:08:26 p] Profile CP: 0
[24/10/2007 10:08:26 p] Driver mode: 37545
[24/10/2007 10:08:26 p] Using external launcher - C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\47228L.exe
[24/10/2007 10:35:35 p] Media information
[24/10/2007 10:35:35 p] Name - SupCom1
[24/10/2007 10:35:35 p] Serial - 3682851022
[24/10/2007 10:35:35 p] Size - 0
[24/10/2007 10:35:35 p] Profile deactivated.'

Ok... I'm not sure why the files (MaplomL.exe and MaplomH.dll) and not coping correctly. Maybe it's a language issue.

However, you can manually copy them as follows (in the GJ directory)
MaplomL.exe -> 47228L.exe
MaplomH.dll -> 47228H.dll

And then restart GJ. This should kill the error messages and allow GJ to work correctly.

Let me know how you go.

Ok... I'm not sure why the files (MaplomL.exe and MaplomH.dll) and not coping correctly. Maybe it's a language issue.

However, you can manually copy them as follows (in the GJ directory)
MaplomL.exe -> 47228L.exe
MaplomH.dll -> 47228H.dll

And then restart GJ. This should kill the error messages and allow GJ to work correctly.

Let me know how you go.

Despite your proposed solution didn't work, the problem has been fixed at last.

After copying the two files. The same problem and error messages still existed. I also copied the MaplomHSW.dll to 47228HSW.dll but it didb't help.

As a last resort, I did the following -

a. change the abbreviation of am/pm from the two bytes Chinese characters to AM/PM;

b. unistall the program;

c. delete folder Program/Slysoft;

d. remove Skysoft entry in registry; and

e. reinstall the program and the registered key.

For unknown reason, the program works now but I notice that the three files copied is another prefix instead of 47228 (I think it is related to the profile key, right?)

Hope the above can help your team understand the problem and resolve similar one in future.

How very strange... Thanks for the info, I will take a look and see if there is anything obvious.

I encounter the following 2 messages as I start the Game Jackal. I have suffered it for a very long period.:(

'Unable to load all Game Jackal files, some game profiles may not work. Please contact support (H-M).'
'Unable to load all Game Jackal files, some game profiles may not work. Please contact support (L-M).'

I have tried the way that computerlove provided and it didn't work.
I found the following message from my profile.log and noticed the there is wired in the file name, "U?c?L.exe", for the external launcher.

[2007/11/24 AM 07:56:09] Using external launcher - C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\U?c?L.exe

Because I use the Windows XP in Traditional Chinese, I think it might be a common problem in Code Page (or CharacterSet).
I also noticed there is also a registry key has the same value, "U?c?".

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal]
"Game Jackal SK"="U?c?"

So, I changed the value of the key to "47882", and the restart the Game Jackal. Finally, it works for me again.

Hope the messages above would help the people who have the same problem.

I encounter the following 2 messages as I start the Game Jackal. I have suffered it for a very long period.:(

I found the following message from my profile.log and noticed the there is wired in the file name, "U?c?L.exe", for the external launcher.

[2007/11/24 AM 07:56:09] Using external launcher - C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\U?c?L.exe

Because I use the Windows XP in Traditional Chinese, I think it might be a common problem in Code Page (or CharacterSet).

"Game Jackal SK"="U?c?"

So, I changed the value of the key to "47882", and the restart the Game Jackal. Finally, it works for me again.

Very interesting... thanks for the information.

"Game Jackal SK"="U?c?"

I just loaded it for the first time (trial) but have only US English installed on my PC. I'm getting the exact same messages.

I just loaded it for the first time (trial) but have only US English installed on my PC. I'm getting the exact same messages.

Can you please look at the registry key located at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal" and post the value "Game Jackal SK"

Back