• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Future plans for Anystream to support Vudu?

DDtex

Given that Anystream doesn't currently support Vudu downloads, is there any plan to support Vudu at some point in the future? Seems like it would be a real nice enhancement for you customers. I suppose that there might be a technical reason that supporting Vudu is not possible, but I just HAD to ask.

Maybe in the future, you can never tell what's going to be next until we start to work on it. We will have new providers but I am not sure Vudu will be one of them.

Thanks!! I'm hoping that you guys will come through with it at some point.

Yup Vudu and Movies Anywhere are the two that I keep checking back for as my purpose in buying Anystream would be for downloading the Extras to have locally.

Yup Vudu and Movies Anywhere are the two that I keep checking back for as my purpose in buying Anystream would be for downloading the Extras to have locally.
Sorry, we do not support extras. Movies and episodes only.;)

You can link Vudu and Amazon Prime to Movies Anywhere then most of the movies will be available in AnyStream via Amazon Prime. I do this a lot when I buy movies. I find the best price (or where I might have earned a credit) between Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon and Vudu and buy it then download it via Amazon in AnyStream.

You can link Vudu and Amazon Prime to Movies Anywhere then most of the movies will be available in AnyStream via Amazon Prime. I do this a lot when I buy movies. I find the best price (or where I might have earned a credit) between Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon and Vudu and buy it then download it via Amazon in AnyStream.
Thank you, the problem is solved. ;)

Sorry, we do not support extras. Movies and episodes only.;)
You don't support movies on Vudu or MoviesAnywhere either so you support extras exactly the same as movies for those services currently. ;) Perhaps if you ever choose too/are able to support movies on those services, you might just double down and get all video sources from the service. I'm sure I'm more of an exception but the offline value for me is the extras for content I own digitally. I can get the shows/movie from shares if I want to view them offline but I rarely can get extras.

Aside from the fact that many studios do not support MA, Extras are not shared amongst the services. While Vudu is my primary service where I buy or assign codes, MA will often have extras that Vudu doesn't have (and rarely vice versa) and Amazon usually sucks relative to Extras vs Vudu/MA/Apple.
And of course there is the fact that AS doesn't do extras on Amazon either so even that is moot.

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that many studios do not support MA, Extras are not shared amongst the services. While Vudu is my primary service where I buy or assign codes, MA will often have extras that Vudu doesn't have (and rarely vice versa) and Amazon usually sucks relative to Extras vs Vudu/MA/Apple.
And of course there is the fact that AS doesn't do extras on Amazon either so even that is moot.

MA, vudu and bravia core would be good

Could you explain me, how it works? I’m from Germany and haven’t heard from Movies Anywhere but if I could download my iTunes movies via AnyStream - Amazon, with it It would be perfect

Could you explain me, how it works? I’m from Germany and haven’t heard from Movies Anywhere but if I could download my iTunes movies via AnyStream - Amazon, with it It would be perfect
I'm not sure if this is service is available in Germany or not but you need to create an account on moviesanywhere and then connect the digital retailers that are available to connect to that you have purchased supported movies anywhere movies from. There is a help center on the moviesanywhere site that can help you with the process.

Vudu is indeed fantastic, and as you have stated, I have me Vudu and Movies Anywhere linked to my AP account. For movies it works very well indeed. That stated, I found out yesterday that any TV Series purchased through Vudu will not transfer (show up) on AP due to Movies Anywhere not supporting TV Series. Their tech support had no reason for it not being able to do so, only telling me it cannot be done. LOL. I guess they need some help from RedFox! LOL... then I KNOW it could be done. (y):giggle:(y)

Yeah, I thought MA was going to be a Godsend for use with Vudu. Of course, nothing I wanted to rent/buy could be used with MA. In their Help section, they have this little gem:

"Movies Anywhere currently supports movies from the participating studios listed below.

• Sony Pictures Entertainment
  • Universal Pictures (including DreamWorks and Illumination Entertainment)
  • The Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Twentieth Century Studios, Marvel Studios, and Lucasfilm)
  • Warner Bros. Entertainment

Movies released from studios that are not currently participating will not be available on Movies Anywhere."

Most Indie horror films that I like are not available through MA. Having a software that worked with Vudu would be worth its weight in gold!

--Radiah

Paramount and Lionsgate are two major studios that do not participate in MoviesAnywhere, so those movies won't sync from Vudo to other services.

And TV shows will not work either. After all, It is "Movies" anywhere....

So yes, having a Vudu downloader would be appreciated.

is there any plan to support Vudu at some point in the future? Seems like it would be a real nice enhancement for you customers.
The addition of VUDU in AS is MUST in my opinion.

A recent trip outside the U.S. made me rethink any future VUDU purchases. I would like to see VUDU in AS more out of spite now than when I first recommended it.

CAUTION!
The following is my personal gripe and vudu awareness for travelers...

Considering VUDU is not officially accessible outside the United States...
Code:
https://support.vudu.com/vudusupport/s/article/Can-I-use-the-Vudu-service-in-a-different-country
... people with purchased content will not be able to access their media while travelling. I couldn't even access their FORUM overseas! (n) Pathetic.

1691091646934.png

Although streaming services have regional license restrictions, they only apply to content included with a streaming subscription or available to rent... not content ALREADY purchased.

These vudu forum posts were useless excuses:
Code:
https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/general-discussion/546234-vudu-access-while-abroad
https://forum.vudu.com/forum/technical-help/general-help/60452-logging-in-outside-of-the-united-states

When I was out of the country, I was able to access my purchased content through prime, Apple TV+ and Movies Anywhere (MA)... but not VUDU. There were content streaming limitations... but that was obvious and known.

I was pissed when I couldn't access my purchased content through VUDU. I could access all the MA eligible titles through the services mentioned earlier. However, for the non-MA titles, I could not... because VUDU is denying access to their services altogether.

Using nord vpn to access VUDU was a NO GO (forum only), but I had success using a 7-day Free Trial of express vpn for streaming; I was on a 4-week trip. :mad:

Because VUDU is currently only available WITHIN the United States... this seems like a good reason to stick it to them... by sticking it in AS. (y):cool:

(y)

Just for reference to newcomers...

How to connect a digital retailer account
Code:
https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004551803-How-to-connect-a-digital-retailer-account

Movies Anywhere Participants
Code:
https://moviesanywhere.com/participants

Can I access my Movies Anywhere collection outside of the United States?
When I was out of the country, I was able to access my purchased content through prime, Apple TV+ and Movies Anywhere (MA)... but not VUDU. There were content streaming limitations... but that was obvious and known.

I was pissed when I couldn't access my purchased content through VUDU. I could access all the MA eligible titles through the services mentioned earlier. However, for the non-MA titles, I could not... because VUDU is denying access to their services altogether.

Given that Anystream doesn't currently support Vudu downloads, is there any plan to support Vudu at some point in the future? Seems like it would be a real nice enhancement for you customers. I suppose that there might be a technical reason that supporting Vudu is not possible, but I just HAD to ask.
No one supports Vudo, not sure why? Maybe their DRM is a different or there's really nothing available there you can't get everywhere else via moviesanywhere. Still be nice I guess not sure I have much use for it.

Back