• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Forum Software Upgrade

Ivan

RedFox Admin Team
Staff member
Forum software has been upgraded from (super outdated) v1.5 to Xenforo 2.22.

Styles (skins) could not be converted, so it might be a little pain in your eyes. Please feel free to blame us in this thread and we'll try to improve the style step by step. We will keep our green washed RedFox style and a dark style for all the dark souls out there.

Tapatalk (a smartphone app) is not available anymore due to lack of security, support, and maintenance by Tapatalk's Xenforo implementation. Responsive design of XF 2.x should be fine, so there is no more need for Tapatalk on smartphones and tablets.

For us was important to have all data converted and forum works as supposed, now we can work on cosmetic issues.

I'm ready to get blamed now...

Issues

Last edited:
The dark skin is now broken (text colour), but since the default style is now limited in width and works with DarkReader, I don't see an urge to fix it asap.
One feature I just saw and find good, is the new button for drafts and to save or delete them manually. The button to delete applied formats like Bold will also be useful, as I had to fiddle around a bit when I made something wrong. Same result, but dedicated button.
Also new is the button to create a table and horizontal line, not sure what that could add to the forum right now. What does the button Toggle BB code do?
Also happy to see the updated smileys as they look HD now :), but it will take some time to get used to them and the new UI in general. At least for the people that often visited the forum and are very used to the old UI like me.
Nice to have the option to cross out text now and to code it inline, I always hated it when I needed to code something that was inside a sentence, since this sentence then got broken across three lines. The editor still brakes it across the lines, I will now leave
this
intact to see if it will then be displayed in one line after posting it.

Edit: It still gets broken, so you have to type it manually (just like you code stuff, but you write ICode (for inline-code) instead of just code) or remove the linebreaks after using the button.

Thanks @DeepSpace for the feedback. Will do my best to get it done. I also have to get used to the new version, it changed completely behind "the scenes". So please be patient...

I just noticed if I apply the DarkReader to the Dark Theme, the text gets white again. So even if you can't fix anything, I could use both themes if I wish to.
I also noticed that the profile pictures are now a circle, so mine is broken as well (the white shadow is square and therefore looks bad when in a cicle). Will look for the original file later this day to try and fix it.

Edit: And there is a new animation if you edit your post. Instead of a popup, it will smoothly fade in the editor "above" your post. Not sure what I prefer, will have to see.

The forum is now pink, and our beautiful green forum, so easy on my eyes is gone. :cry: Plus my avatar is now too big for the forum.

The forum is now pink
I cannot see any pink, the top and the bottom row are still green when using the standard theme. Or do you mean the background, I would say it is a light grey.
Plus my avatar is now too big for the forum
Oh no, but I am sure you can just make the fox smaller in an editor and then add a smaller text as well.

I would like the whole forum to be as the top is. My avatar was made by a special person. I am sure we can resize it if needed. The forum avatar size was aways 400X400 I just think it has to be reset.

The forum avatar size was aways 400X400 I just think it has to be reset.
The size might be the same, just the fact that it is round now. But yes, maybe there is a switch to turn the round off and make it square again.

I just discovered that you now can also upload a profile banner. Deleted it again since it just crops the picture very thin, like Twitter does. And with the low resolution of my PP zoomed out that much, it looks bad.

Fix: changed Avatars back from circle to square

The forum is now pink, and our beautiful green forum, so easy on my eyes is gone. :cry: Plus my avatar is now too big for the forum.
Avatar should be fixed now. Could you post a pinky screenshot? You are the first who I have to please - I don't wanna get banned.

Yes thank you, Ivan, I will rest now for a bit since I can't help :cry:

I will miss the old forum. It had a really old school feel. I am sure it was the same one since SlySoft :ROFLMAO:

Is there some "compressed" view setting? I feel like there's much wasted space ... subjective perspection is, I have to scroll a lot more.
I'm aware I can zoom the browser view by using CTRL+Mousewheel, but iI'd rather have that at 100% and set it per site...

Is there some "compressed" view setting? I feel like there's much wasted space ... subjective perspection is, I have to scroll a lot more.
I'm aware I can zoom the browser view by using CTRL+Mousewheel, but iI'd rather have that at 100% and set it per site...
You can disable the Signature stuff if you haven't already. As for my part, not much has changed, since I am used to the smaller site as I always had the dark theme applied. If you used the RedFox style, then it will be smaller now, but higher instead, resulting in the need to scroll more.

Edit: But other than that, I dont't think there is more space between the posts. I would need to compare it directly.

I'm afraid my issue can't be helped ... It's a problem with most new UIs...
I mean just look at the settings page
1678015041971.png

Why?? :rolleyes:

Back