• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

For HULU - Should I change region in AS

Hi,

For Hulu - Should I change region option in AS.

I am from diff country and using USA VPN to connect to Hulu.

So hence the question.

so should i change the region or should i change anything with this proxy or leave as it is and only use VPN to access Hulu.

sorry i am using VPN for first time with HULU.

so should i change the region or should i change anything with this proxy or leave as it is and only use VPN to access Hulu.
No....
actually, the region setting is only required for Amazon Prime Video and ignored by all the other provider implementations.
No point in setting your region to US for Hulu, as AnyStream already knows, that Hulu is in the US.

The proxy setting can be helpful, if you use other providers simultaneously and don't want those to go through your US-VPN as well.
But it requires some setting up, to make the VPN accessible selectively through a proxy instead of sending your entire PC through that VPN.

We're experimenting on that ourselves, there are a few solutions to this.

Hulu gets struck in loading page @ 25%. Using the latest version. Screenshot and log attached. Using Express VPN - Washington DC , LA servers.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.4.astlog
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 6
Hulu gets struck in loading page @ 25%. Using the latest version. Screenshot and log attached. Using Express VPN - Washington DC , LA servers.
You are getting a lot of network errors: "Error receiving: 99 (0) Network access is disabled."
It looks like your VPN connection is continuously breaking down and coming back up again.

When testing, I had very mixed results with ExpressVPN myself. Sometimes it worked ok.
I also have a feeling, that hulu's servers are at their limit sometimes. Slow reaction times and failures that I can't attribute to a bad VPN connection alone.

Thanks for the update. I will try from the place where network connectivity is good. Probably the room where I was using laptop have network issues. I will try from the place where my router is close and check if it’s working.

Update - Network is the issue. I was able to download jackreacher sucessfully. One point is that when i was trying to logout, i faced screen flash couple of times(something like when we refresh a page or page loading), so I closed AS and opened it. It then showed Hulu page main screen with login option. log attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.5.4.astlog
    899.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Any update on this. Just wanted to check if you got any chance to review the above log.

Im from the UK and using Hulu. Ive tested with 3 VPN providers (Surfshark , Private and Nord) although they all work on my Nvidia Shield to stream direct from NF and H it can be hit and miss with AS USING Hulu. I then tested using a SmartDNS service , prime set to UK , Netflix toggled between UK and US depending on what i want D+ set to UK or Us also depending and Hulu turned on all via SmartDNS Dashboard. All working great in AS

I use Nord so I can’t speak for the others but when using Nord you have to use their DNS servers or things might not work correctly. Did you use the VPN providers DNS servers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use ExpressVPN and also have Nord. I haven’t tried with Nord still. Yes I have nord Dns servers configured in the wifi configuration.

I am really not a techie so just wanted to know if I need to put these dns server IP address in AS or just the current configuration is enough.

I can try with Nord also.

I use Nord so I can’t speak for the others but when using Nord you have to use their DNS servers or things might not work correctly. Did you use the VPN providers DNS servers?

I must admit i never even thought of trying there DNS service on it. Although for me as ive already got smartdnsproxy setup for streaming the Premier League via Turkey and other services from around the world its not worth changing my DNS settings. For anyone without dedicated SmartDNS its well worth a try.

Am i right in saying nord dns is for USA only or did i just have a moment and think i read that somewhere ?

I use ExpressVPN and also have Nord. I haven’t tried with Nord still. Yes I have nord Dns servers configured in the wifi configuration.

I am really not a techie so just wanted to know if I need to put these dns server IP address in AS or just the current configuration is enough.

I can try with Nord also.

If you have setup your PC/Laptop with Nords DNS then there is no need to use AS proxy settings as the pc will think its already wherever it needs to be. With my DNS settings if i want to watch something from turkey , USA , Canada , even the likes of Thailand for certain sports as the provider supports the services from those countries theres never any need to change settings once its setup

Last edited:
Since Nord has VPN servers globally I would think that their DNS servers also work globally.

Does the latest version support Hulu Japan as well?
I believe it is a separate site and a different system compared to Hulu US and other regions.

Thought i would delve a bit deeper into it and test a few things with NordDNS. This is from there SmartDNS setup page

Keep in mind that SmartDNS does not protect your devices as a VPN connection, it just provides access to streaming content. Keep in mind that it may not work with all streaming services. Here is a list of SmartDNS supported streaming services:

• ABC Go (US region)
  • Amazon Prime (US region)
  • Disney Plus (US region)
  • Fox Now / Sports Go / News / Showtime (US region)
  • HBO Now (US region)
  • Netflix Originals
By the looks of it they are aiming the service at USA content which for the majority is perfect. So i changed to NordDNS settings and can confirm it works from the UK with ALL streaming services supported so far by AS.

With Nord as there is no dashboard to turn services on/off i thought id give a few more services a try from around the globe im subscribed to. SSport+ (Turkey) , Bein Sports (Turkey) Kayo Sports (Australia) and Spark Sports (New Zealand) DAZN (Canada , Germany , Spain , Japan) all failed with NordDNS so it does seem they are only using US data centers for there DNS service.

It does seem that most people use US streaming services from there home countries so if using NordVPN then using there DNS service for AS is perfect.

Anyone wanting it for many countries like myself may want to look into dedicated SmartDNS services.

Its also worth pointing out that if you dont have Nord and dont want to pay out for a couple of years service on a VPN then ive not seen a SmartDNS service for any more than $4.99 per month and thats one of the more expensive services

My experience re: accessing Hulu, in AnyStream, with NordVPN.

NordVPN, set to a U.S. server, has to be active.

To the time of writing, NordVPN has proved to be 'hit and miss' in successfully connecting with Hulu i.e. several attempts - each using a different Nord U.S. server - may be required before Hulu plays nice in AnyStream. This is strictly a NordVPN server issue; Hulu identifies, as VPN connections, a high number of Nord's U.S. servers. No such problem exists, as yet, with Prime, Disney, and Netflix.

The above is the only issue I've had while using NordVPN this last year or so. That said, I don't recommend the NordVPN service for anyone considering signing-up to a VPN service.

I use NordVPN and don’t have any issues with any of the 4 providers. They say that any of their US servers work with Hulu. Remember that you have to use their DNS servers or else things might not work.

Remember that you have to use their DNS servers or else things might not work.

I've never had cause to become acquainted with 'DNS Servers' in the 'streaming' arena. Is this something one applies at modem or Windows network-adapter level?

Accessing Hulu, off-the-bat, is still problematic for me when accessing Hulu via AnyStream.

Back