• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Flashing pixel bar upper left on playback

liels

My flow is blu-ray->mkv, playback with mythtv

The last two movies I've done, Pitch Perfect 2 and Spy have had a flashing bar a pixel or three wide and maybe 15 or 20 long in the upper left corner. The flashing is very annoying. This is reminiscent of the vertical blanking signal that overscan hides. It has never happened before with cloneBD. For now, a bit of Gaffa tape on the bezel is an acceptable fix.

PS Thank you for DTS!

PPS I'm also not able to toggle subtitles but I'm not sure if the problem is mythtv or what's in the mkv. One day I'll pull out the mkvtools and analyze.

Are you using the latest build of CloneBD? I know the flashing bar was an issue in an earlier version

My flow is blu-ray->mkv, playback with mythtv

The last two movies I've done, Pitch Perfect 2 and Spy have had a flashing bar a pixel or three wide and maybe 15 or 20 long in the upper left corner. The flashing is very annoying. This is reminiscent of the vertical blanking signal that overscan hides. It has never happened before with cloneBD. For now, a bit of Gaffa tape on the bezel is an acceptable fix.

PS Thank you for DTS!

PPS I'm also not able to toggle subtitles but I'm not sure if the problem is mythtv or what's in the mkv. One day I'll pull out the mkvtools and analyze.

There was a version of CloneBD, that produced this flashing thing. Was fixed in the meantime. Simply update and it's gone.

Toggling subs: CloneBD can either add selectable DVD subtitles, selectable Blu-ray subtitles or can "burn in" a single subtitle stream permanently. Not all players support both selectable types, most can only handle one, some none (the permanent type, obviously, will always work, as it's simply added to the video).
You'll have to find out what your player can handle. And, of course, you have to enable multiple subtitle streams in order to be able to select them.

Back