• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Finding Dory can't get English Playlist

MattWeiler

I just bought Finding Dory for my wife, and I can't get the English version of the video ripped to our NAS.
The disc is the Canadian version and thus is Region 1.

I'm really hoping that someone has an answer to my issue or maybe it'll be covered in an upcoming build.

FYI; I love AnyDVD HD... I've been a lifetime license holder since 2007 when it was just AnyDVD. Now that you guys started RedFox after the shutdown, I'm happy to have bought another lifetime license.
You guys rock and make ripping my Blu-rays so easy :p

Ripping
I use RipBot 264 for my ripping after AnyDVD HD decrypts a disc.

Before AnyDVD HD offered up the correct playlist to select, I would just select the largest m2ts file and then select the playlist that had the correct run-time.

Issues
When I ripped Finding Dory, the only playlists available, within the 10 largest m2ts files, were 801, 802 and 850 available for selection.

I selected 801 and it kinda worked.
The audio was English but all of the text in the movie, as well as the credits, were in French.

As you can see below, the AnyDVD HD status doesn't show the correct playlist, for English, to select, nor is it in the disc.inf, but I know that it's usually 800 for Pixar movies.

Confirmation of Playlist 800
I played the disc using PowerDVD 16, without AnyDVD HD decrypting the disc.
I navigated the Blu-ray menu to play the English version of the movie and it worked correctly displaying the English audio with the English video.

Using Sysinternals Process Monitor, I could see that playlist 800 was being loaded by PowerDVD 16 when the .

FYI
I followed the instructions in the below video to capture which playlist was being loaded by PowerDVD 16.

AnyDVD HD Status
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.9.0, BDPHash.bin 16-12-22)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 4309180851919J2224
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Drive supports AACS version: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 21897280 sectors (42768 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: FINDING_DORY
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 50
Removed AACS copy protection!

disc.inf
[disc]
type=BD-ROM
version=AnyDVD HD 8.0.9.0 (BDPHash.bin 16-12-22)
totalsectors=21897280
label=FINDING_DORY
speedmenu=0
region=-1
3D=0
fps=23

Please let me know if you need any more details than what I have above :)

Last edited:
You can try CloneBD. It has a preview player where you can easily check for the correct playlist. You don't need to have a license for this purpose.

Getting a log file not a copy and paste log does help if anyone wants to test the problem your having is match to your media version.

You can try CloneBD. It has a preview player where you can easily check for the correct playlist. You don't need to have a license for this purpose.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Getting a log file not a copy and paste log does help if anyone wants to test the problem your having is match to your media version.

Attached is my log file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_E_FINDING_DORY.ziplog
    330.3 KB · Views: 5

I just tried CloneBD and it chose playlist 800, same as when I navigated the menu using PowerDVD.
But when I load the disc into Ripbot264, regardless of which m2ts stream I choose, I only have options of playlist 801, 802 & 850.

It's really weird, and I understand that this could be the fault of Ripbot264, but it's odd that the playlist isn't listed in the status page of AnyDVD HD.
I've attached my AnyDVD HD log in a previous post.

ScreenShots
This screenshot is of the disc loaded into Ripbot264; it shows that the only playlist options are 801, 802 & 850.
Ripbot264.png

This screenshots is of the disc loaded into CloneBD and it clearly shows that it's using playlist 800 and the preview shows English text.
Does the name of feature "Main feature #3" correlate to a specific m2ts stream?
CloneBD.png

This screenshot is of the converted version that I have having used playlist 801.
French 801.png

Playlists are only shown in AnyDVD if the disc plays in the wrong order with a 'copy detected' message (playlist obfuscation). This disc doesn't use that. It just has different playlists for different languages.

'Main feature #3' refers to a specific playlist file (mpls), not an m2ts file. Films such as this one are made up of multiple m2ts files where the playlist file tells it which m2ts files to play and in what order

This screenshots is of the disc loaded into CloneBD and it clearly shows that it's using playlist 800 and the preview shows English text.

You simply clicked on "play" in CloneBD - that will choose "any" of the main playlists.
You either need to select "convert to MKV", then go on one page (selection page) - there you'll see a complete overview with film strips for all playlists.
Or, on the preview player page (the screen shot of yours), click on the down-arrow on the right of the film strip. A drop down with the other playlists will appear. You can easily check which one is which.

These Pixar/Disney movies are always the same. 00800.mpls is the correct English playlist and 00850.mpls has a matching stream layout and will also work fine.
I haven't seen this not be true yet. As Adbear mentioned it's not a protection hence why no playlist is shown in the status window.

I understand that this could be the fault of Ripbot264

Yes, definitely a fault with Ripbot264. I'd definitely think about switching to CloneBD instead.

Last edited:
Playlists are only shown in AnyDVD if the disc plays in the wrong order with a 'copy detected' message (playlist obfuscation). This disc doesn't use that. It just has different playlists for different languages.

'Main feature #3' refers to a specific playlist file (mpls), not an m2ts file. Films such as this one are made up of multiple m2ts files where the playlist file tells it which m2ts files to play and in what order

Thanks, that's good to know.
I didn't realize that it only showed the correct playlist if there was obfuscation.

These Pixar/Disney movies are always the same. 00800.mpls is the correct English playlist and 00850.mpls has a matching stream layout and will also work fine.
I haven't seen this not be true yet. As Abear mentioned it's not a protection hence why no playlist is shown in the status window.

Yes, definitely a fault with Ripbot264. I'd definitely think about switching to CloneBD instead.

Thanks, I'll try playlist 850.
I really do prefer Ripbot264, but if it won't work, then I'll have to consider using CloneBD.

Back