• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Finally some news about Paramount+!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepSpace

After month of hope, they finally announced when and where exactly they want to expand:
(Everything is from that link.)
Code:
https://www.xda-developers.com/paramount-plus-debuts-uk-ireland-south-korea-june/

Paramount Global has announced [...] UK and Ireland on June 22.
The service will make its way to South Korea at some point during that month as well.

Austria, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland in the second half of 2022

Paramount Plus aims to launch in India during 2023, but the exact date remains unclear for now.

Paramount Plus will cost £7/month or £70/year in the UK. Pricing in other regions could vary depending on the local currencies and other factors.

Subscribers to the service will get to enjoy content from CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Smithsonian Channel, and more.

I don't think it'll be a channel in AP though.

Why should it?
Code:
https://www.paramountplus.com/intl/
They never said anything about Amz, it always sounds like it will be a new provider.

It should be added to amazon channels anyways
It should not make a difference if you purchase the channel or the entire provider.
However, I could think of one disadvantage: Being it's own site with own DRM implementation, it might get limited to 720p like D+...
If it is available on Amz as well, then you could also get 1080p.

Why should it?

They never said anything about Amz, it always sounds like it will be a new provider.

I never said it should and I did not mean to imply that.

My point was simply that we won't be able to 'see' it in AS*

edit: Typo*

Well, I've seen other users writing about a P+ channel on Amz, so maybe we will get one too, maybe with less content than the provider has on it's own site.

Haven't thoguht about that in that moment, only came into my mind right now.

Well, I've seen other users writing about a P+ channel on Amz, so maybe we will get one too, maybe with less content than the provider has on it's own site.

agh, OK, makes sense :). ...I was unaware of those comments.

It was just added Amazon Canada but so far not much variety and little seection IMO.

It was just added Amazon Canada but so far not much variety and little seection IMO.
Maybe, but here we don't have that channel at all :(
And since Star Trek got removed from NF, I am hoping that these few month till it will be available in Germany will get past us fast :LOL:

I don't see why it wouldn't?
Amazon already delivers P+ everywhere it's available (AFAIK) via channels. Once it hits your region, I don't see them specifically saying no to it.
It may take a bit of time, however.

The nice thing about using Amazon is that you can have the best of both worlds as far as logging in, with both Paramount and showtime. Login and get your stuff from Amazon, and use the studio's website to do the same. This way if one fails, the other should help you out. Additionally, you can make sure they don't pull any sneaky stuff , like HBO was doing.

Good to see P+ coming to your region though!!

Funny thing is in scandinavia we have had P+ standalone for a year, but it is now closing down and replaced with SkyShowtime, and will be using Peacock's streaming platform.

Funny thing is in scandinavia we have had P+ standalone for a year, but it is now closing down and replaced with SkyShowtime, and will be using Peacock's streaming platform.
Weird :confused:

Paramount+ should be launched in UK, Ireland, Germany Italy and SkyShowtime in
Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Kosovo, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden

With content from Sky Group, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Syfy, Bravo, E!, Universal Pictures, CBS, The CW, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and Showtime

With content from Sky Group, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Syfy, Bravo, E!, Universal Pictures, CBS, The CW, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and Showtime
That sounds interesting (and as work for month...)

It should not make a difference if you purchase the channel or the entire provider.
However, I could think of one disadvantage: Being it's own site with own DRM implementation, it might get limited to 720p like D+...
If it is available on Amz as well, then you could also get 1080p.

its 1080p on its own site, not limited to 720p :)

its 1080p on its own site, not limited to 720p :)
Please read my other post again:
It does not matter what their site is. Since P+ is currently not available within AS, it might end up like D+ when they add it, so we only can get 720p instead of 1080p or even 4k. Same as we can only get 1080p on Amz, but they have 4k content available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back