• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request. Frequency change 24hz on blu-ray detection:

Bummer about reclock. For now I will have to live with Mickey Mouse!!

Well actually I dont have any PAL blu-ray.
I always order from USA and get them even when they are still in the theater here.
I heard they were speedup, i guess I was wrong.
HDTV programming (sky hd) is definately speedup though :(

What is the difference between 24fps and 23.97?
If the movie in the theater is 24fps, then do they slow down the audio for 23.97?
or is 24 not actually exists and is just short for 23.97

Apparently Sony TVs with "24p True Cinema" can also do the trick. Or can they?

On a second thought, they probably don't and can't restore the original 24p from incoming PAL signal, and Sony references PAL DVDs just to illustrate that 24p was not possible at all until recently. You still need 24p (or 23.976p) source (such as BD) for "24p True Cinema" to work... They probably don't even display 23.976p as 24p and use "24p" as a common term for both.

So my previous post is a sheer stupidity... :bang:

This is sad. But these movies aren't available in the US (or any other country?) in any HD format. All movies released in Europe from major studios are mastered correctly with 23.976 fps or 24fps. And who is "Galileo Medien AG"? Maybe they want to make a quick buck and sell a HD PAL master on BD... From what I've heard, "Copland" seems to be an upscaled PAL DVD... :mad:

you are 100% right.the quality of vampires and copland blu ray is very
low.vampires has a picture quality below the us the superbit dvd(and is very heavy cut too).
reviews(in german)can be found on www .blurayreviews.ch.
i just tried to answer the question if there are blu rays not 24p with speedup .
mfg
fleika

Hello slysoft users & programmers,
A couple of questions about this feature if I may.

1) Is it possible to use the resolution switching feature for rips?
2) If not can this be requested?
3) Just out of curiosity how does it know how to switch refresh rates? Does it read the refresh rate when the movie starts playing or does it distinguish between pal/ntsc/non video?

Well actually I dont have any PAL blu-ray.
I always order from USA and get them even when they are still in the theater here.
I heard they were speedup, i guess I was wrong.
HDTV programming (sky hd) is definately speedup though :(

What is the difference between 24fps and 23.97?
If the movie in the theater is 24fps, then do they slow down the audio for 23.97?
or is 24 not actually exists and is just short for 23.97
Movies play in the cinema @24fps exactly. In fact they are double-shuttered to conceal the slow frame rate, so similar to 48Hz at home.

Blu-ray and NTSC DVD movies play @23.976fps to make the telecine to NTSC 60Hz (which is actually 59.94Hz) easier. But since this is only a .1% slowdown it is generally regarded as benign and unnoticeable. However, "24p" for digital media almost always actually means 23.976fps and not 24fps and this leads to considerable confusion!

Last edited:
Movies play in the cinema @24fps exactly.
Unless the projectionist wants to get home 5 minutes early and plays it at 25fps. ;)

In fact they are double-shuttered to conceal the slow frame rate, so similar to 48Hz at home.
I have seen triple-shuttered cinema projectors, causing a 72Hz refresh rate, resulting in a "more flicker free" picture.
Unfortunately this is used rarely, as this technique reduces the light output.

I will look into reclock though. But does it play nice with vista?
It could in the future, if and when SlySoft shares with us their plans on that code's development (they acquired it several months ago). :D

Back