Failed to init Elby CDIO!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by pyro1711, Aug 13, 2007.

1. pyro1711

pyro1711 Member

Had this problem with the last version and am having this problem now even after downloading the newest version (08-11-07) I go back to slysoft and download the program and it will work fine until I shit my computer down, after re boot I have to download the program again in order for it to work.

This is for any DVD and I am running Vista

Thanks

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I'd probably uninstall, reinstall.

3. DetroitBaseball

Ehh??? :D:D:D:D

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Do what Detroitbaseball said, and disable User Account Control.

5. cheesie

cheesie Member

I was having the same problem until i did as webslinger advised and disabled user account:D

6. DetroitBaseball

User Account Control is nagging anyways, I disable it automatically just for that reason.

7. pyro1711

pyro1711 Member

What exactly is the "User Control" and where do I shut that down at?

8. DetroitBaseball

It can be shutdown by clicking on the user icon on the start menu and then clicking "Turn User Account Control on or off."

9. pyro1711

pyro1711 Member

Thanks DetroitBaseball..... I didnt have the icon in my start menu but I was able to locate it and shut it down. We will see if that helps.

10. sparta

sparta Member

I'm having the same problem, using XPHome. But when I click on Owner from the Start menu, I can't locate User Account Control to disable it. Any ideas?

11. ivanX

ivanX Translator (ru)

There is no UAC in XP, it's a new feature for Vista :)

12. sparta

sparta Member

Well, that's a bummer. I have'nt been able to download any new versions since 6.1.6.0

13. Webslinger

14. sparta

sparta Member

Thanks for the try Web, but I still can't download 6.17.0. Contacted TechSupport last night and am waiting to hear from them. I can download 6.1.6.0 with no problem, as smooth as butter, but nothing else after that. I hope the pc is'nt caught in a time warp or a black hole:D:eek:

15. Webslinger

What happens exactly? Is your ISP blocking Slysoft? How about your firewall?

16. sparta

sparta Member

I'm using windows firewall and I don't think ISP would be the problem since I'm good to do with 6.1.6.0 and I even disabled AVG all to no avail

17. Webslinger

O.k., but what happens exactly when you try to download 6.1.7.0? Do you get an error message? If so, what is it?

18. sparta

sparta Member

What happens is that when I get to reboot your pc, nothing happens after that, the fox icon comes on, but does not appear on the taskbar and the update will not launch. Also the notice in the two boxes do not appear, like use right click as much as you want, etc.

19. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I would try uninstalling AnyDVD, do a fresh download and try the install.

20. Webslinger

O.k., so you're able to download Anydvd--but it doesn't install properly.

Do you have Spybot teatimer installed?

If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
    these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
    Anydvd from installing properly.

Follow these steps:
    a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot
    d) Try running a registry cleaner program at this point like CCleaner
    e) Download Anydvd http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe
    f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
    g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
    h) Reinstall
    i) Reboot
    j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
    k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs