• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Extracting an audio track from a blue ray disc

Tipperton

I have a blue ray disc that I want to locate and extract the audio track with audio description for the visually impaired to an MP3 file for my media player.

The program I am using to extract the track it called DVD Audio Extractor. My problem is that it is showing that the disc has 177 titles, and that each title appears to have only one audio stream. Unfortunatly, unlike the Ice Age 5 DVD I just did this to, this blue ray disc doesn't appear to have labels, so I can't simply look for an audio track labeled as being for the visually impaired.

So, at present I am stepping through each title and listening to it for audio description. I can narrow the search by only selecting those titles that are about 1 hour and 50 minutes long. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to streamline this project, like using a program that will generate a list of all the discs titles and their audio streams, or anything else I'm not thinking of from lack of experience?

Cheers, and thanks!

Wrong section, Not an anydvd issue. The blu-ray section is reserved for blu-ray disc related issues only, not third party DVD track extraction software. Topic moved. You could try CloneBD's preview player or BDinfo. Either way it's not an anydvd issue. Since you're able to rip and decrypt fine. AnyDVD did it's job.

My apologies, I thought it said AnyDVD Blue Ray, I completely missed issues in the area title. Thanks for the correction.

It did, but as anydvd doesn't extract audio, it's not an anydvd issue. AnyDVD only decrypts / rips. Anything else and it's not an anydvd issue unless the rip itself doesnt play back in proper sequence.

I found a web page that says that some copy protection schemes create a bunch of titles in the disc's directory with the real one buried among them. It said that attempting to rip one of the fake titles will cause a bad rip, sometines with scenes out of order, or unsynchronized sound, or other unwanted effects. The page offered a simple way to determine the correct title to rip using the VLC video player, but it relies on being able to navigate the disc's menu, which I can't do.

http://www.tweaking4all.com/video/rip-dvd-blu-ray/dvd-what-title-to-rip-99-titles-fix/

Thats screenpass. When incorrectly handled it will scramble the scenes, never heard of descyncrhonised sound though. If you suspect that might be the issue. Provide an anydvd logfile for the title you're working with. If it's an anydvd decryption issue, i'll move the topic back. The extracting itself isn't an anydvd problem, but if the disc is not properly decrypted, it can indirectly affect that extractor.

I found a web page that says that some copy protection schemes create a bunch of titles in the disc's directory with the real one buried among them. It said that attempting to rip one of the fake titles will cause a bad rip, sometines with scenes out of order, or unsynchronized sound, or other unwanted effects. The page offered a simple way to determine the correct title to rip using the VLC video player, but it relies on being able to navigate the disc's menu, which I can't do.

http://www.tweaking4all.com/video/rip-dvd-blu-ray/dvd-what-title-to-rip-99-titles-fix/

Wow. That's going to get you far..... :cautious: Use redfox or post a log if redfox cannot play correct mpls file.

No, I refered to that page as an example of what I'm encountering with this disc, which is De Palma, a documentary about Brian De Palma. AnyDVD appears to be doing it's job, though there appears to be two different versions of the movie because beginning with chapter 6, some of the titles sound different.

In fact I had used version 7.9.5.0 to rip the Inside J.R.R.Tolkien series, but the audio sounds like it's out of sequence. I don't know if AnyDVD is supposed to put them back in the correct order, but, if not, I need to find the correct title to rip. Anyway, I want to try 8.0.5.0 on them.

Imagine if they starting screen passing the audio and leave the video normal. I wouldn't put it past Sony........

AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio in any way. As stated, anydvd only decrypts/rips. Everything else (out of sync,...) is down to the video encoder.

Use CloneBD. It has a preview player (in which can select audio tracks to determine commentary). Should work.

I did, a while ago, it wasn't very accessible, that's why I'm using DVD Audio extractor.

I'd use TsMuxer to demux the audio track out of the M2TS file on the Bluray, once you figure out which title it is you want. Then convert the .ac3 to .mp3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDinfo is very helpful in finding the correct playlist .mpls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have since finished going through all the titles on the disc and could not find a audio track with audio description. At this point, I'm assuming the information saying that this disc had audio description was wrong.

From what I can see the De Palma Blu-ray only has 1 audio track, so no descriptive audio

Back