• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Eraserhead Criterion No Audio

Getthebuzz

I picked the disc up for a great price at Costco, of all places. As we are in the process of ripping all of our DVDs and Blu-Ray discs to our home server, I used CloneBD (version 1.0.8.1) and AnyDVD HD (version 7.6.9.5) to rip it to our server. I have made several attempts, all of which successfully complete. However, none of them have any audio. I have tried PS3 preset, MKV, and MP4, and Surround 5.1 and Stereo 2.0 audio at max bitrates. None seem to work. I've tried AAC and AC3, also with no success. The original soundtrack (and only one available) is English stereo LPCM. I disabled subtitles. Any ideas why this is happening?

Using the preview , try all the different audio tracks available. Then when you find one thats on the disc, use that. If Only LPCM is available, I would have say that this is something I have not seen.

LPCM is the only audio track for the film. Is this a problem?

Here's the screen shot.

Attachments

• LPCM Lynch.jpg
    LPCM Lynch.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 16
Using the preview , try all the different audio tracks available. Then when you find one thats on the disc, use that. If Only LPCM is available, I would have say that this is something I have not seen.

I believe that I've seen it once or twice. It's wasteful with respect to space but completely legal as per the specs since they only have to contain at least 1 mandatory audio scheme. I believe it also saves money.

@Getthebuzz, please do post logs as per Fabian Steiner's request. No one better to look into the problem then the Elaborate Bytes developers given CloneBD is their software. :)

On a sidenote, 1.0.8.1 did contain LPCM fixes in the changelog. Wonder if that's merely coincidence, it was a problem not yet identified, or an unintended consequence. Regardless, with logs the Elaborate Bytes developers can try to get to the bottom of the problem. :)

There are different formats for LPCM streams sampling bits, sampling rate and of course provided channels.

In general the BD specification prohibits mixing different LPCM streams within a playlist when multiple clips are seamlessly connected. But some authoring software does not care about this and combines 16/48000/2.0 clips with 24/192000/6.1 clips. This change errored out before 1.0.8.1.

Muted audio is not related to that fix. At this moment I'm not sure what the problem is. To track down the problem please try using the preview player. If there is no sound then no matter what output profile is chosen, no output file will have sound either. This does not include lossless audio transfer, because lossless is transferred differently within CloneBD.

How do I find the log file? The rip completes successfully, does it still generate one?

Its a bit fiddly. Look at the top right corner where the "settings" button is. There is an option called "show debug log". You can check it after you have ripped/copied a movie, then proceed to press "ok". A window will show up with the log-info you need. There is also a dropdown box, choose the "debug" option and copy the information to notepad or something :)

I guess this could be a suggestion to the devs, make an option for the log to pop-up automatically or place a "show log-information"-button conviently somewhere visible after CloneBD has finished a rip/encode.

This disc had some mastering issues which I wonder if caused some of these problems.

How do I find the log file? The rip completes successfully, does it still generate one?

Upon completion at the completion page hit the Alt key. I think it's just plain Alt. It should bring up some options regarding logs. :)

Ok, thanks. About to go out of town, so i will re-rip next week.

Here's the debug log.

Attachments

• Eraserhead Debug Log.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 2
The log doesn't show any anomaly.

Does the preview player within CloneBD play audio? And have you tried different software players to play the created .mp4 or .mkv file? I have to assume that CloneBD cannot properly process the input LPCM stream because you said you tried different formats and it's very unlikely that all encoders have an issue.

Just in case, I will add a marker in CloneBD so the next release will trigger an automatic sample upload within the log file.

Back