• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Elevator DVD

There are some strange things with the DVD that I highlighted earlier. I suspect they (and you) got a bootleg copy. To release a commercially produced DVD with no CSS and open region coding is not the normal thing studios do.

With that said, the developers will probably have a more informed idea of what is going on since you created a log file. This might be a new protection.

He just told you he got it at Hastings.

It's NOT a bootleg copy, it's a retail copy... US, Region 1.

The same thing happens on mine, locks up at 49% with an unexpected error.

UPC: 815300010914

I am using AnyDVD 7.7.0.1 Beta.

The Elevator

Code:
  7.08s: Added cell Title, VTS 1, PGC 1, LU 1, Cell 5
    State steps: 1
    Highest steps: 7
    Highest total steps: 185
    Highest Button depth: 2
    Total count: 7
    Total cell count: 9
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 1094712, absoluteSector 1095211
That's right in the middle of the main movie. This is either indeed a new protection, or a defective and / or dirty disc and / or drive.
I have ordered the disc to take a look myself...

Code:
  7.08s: Added cell Title, VTS 1, PGC 1, LU 1, Cell 5
    State steps: 1
    Highest steps: 7
    Highest total steps: 185
    Highest Button depth: 2
    Total count: 7
    Total cell count: 9
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 1094712, absoluteSector 1095211
That's right in the middle of the main movie. This is either indeed a new protection, or a defective and / or dirty disc and / or drive.
I have ordered the disc to take a look myself...

Awesome! Thanks James.

Let us know if you get it worked out in a new beta :)

Elevator DVD - 2011

( IFO properties 6 Error ) on Elevator 2011 DVD released 8/28/2012.

I got the same problem. Tried using a different drive without any luck. Using 4 different burners. All by Samsung, 2 IDE - 2 Sata.

Note: I was able to write to ISO with CloneDVD2 from Slysoft. But don't have the media size to confirm transfer back to DVD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Software DVD editors used to find or fix issue;
Tried using IFOedit 0.97, not much luck, same for PgcEdit 9.3 as well. Even used DVD Shrink 3.2 which stated it couldn't read the DVD - Invalid DVD navigation structure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOT suggesting or supporting a switch to other software, but . . .

Then tried - DVDFab 8. ( Trial mode - FREE for 30 days )
Based on it's claims ~ ( " DVDFab DVD Copy also has the ability to copy discs that are badly scratched or damaged. Even if the IFO files can't be read, it will allow you to make a copy of the movie content using Main Movie or Customize copy modes. " )

Lo-and-behold it WORKED! With trial software no less. Granted, without menu's or extra's.

--> anyDVD/HD from Slysoft HAS ALWAYS come thru for me with both regular updates or with the beta version whenever there was a movie that wouldn't copy. Purchased my copy when it was version 6.4.9.2 That was like 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Elevator

Pretty strange DVD but very easy to copy. Just turn off anydvd, load the disc and copy the video_ts folder to the hard drive then burn to disc with clone dvd.
That worked fine for me and the copy plays perfectly.

Same problem with me, here is the log file,if you don't have it already.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.7.2_Info_G_ELEVATOR.zip
    68.7 KB · Views: 5
READ, then post

Same problem with me, here is the log file,if you don't have it already.

As James said, this will be fixed and has nothing to do with CloneDVD.
Moving to the proper thread.

Closing the old CloneDVD thread.

Pretty strange DVD but very easy to copy. Just turn off anydvd, load the disc and copy the video_ts folder to the hard drive then burn to disc with clone dvd.
That worked fine for me and the copy plays perfectly.

BadRad's Method works perfectly. Thanks for your imput :clap:

I copied it and actually watched it and it gets an error 35:31 into the movie. Not sure what that's about ..

Hopefully we'll get a fix shortly.

Randy

Yes. It likely makes an undetected, yet flawed, copy.

James said he'll fix it.... that's all it takes.

-W

Yes. It likely makes an undetected, yet flawed, copy.

James said he'll fix it.... that's all it takes.

-W

How is it flawed?

It's basically a perfect copy.

Just pull the files off the original disc from VIDEO_TS to the hard drive. Then open up CloneDVD, select Copy DVD Titles.

Select the folder you copied the VIDEO_TS files from your original disc, you will see 3 video titles. Select all 3 and then hit "Preserve menus".

It will give you a perfect back-up. The only thing that doesn't work is the "Play Trailer" button under the Bonus Features, but that didn't even work for me on the original copy, so maybe they forgot to include it. :doh:

Oh, and don't forget to change the Volume Label to ELEVATOR.

How is it flawed?

It's basically a perfect copy.

Just pull the files off the original disc from VIDEO_TS to the hard drive. Then open up CloneDVD, select Copy DVD Titles.

Select the folder you copied the VIDEO_TS files from your original disc, you will see 3 video titles. Select all 3 and then hit "Preserve menus".

It will give you a perfect back-up. The only thing that doesn't work is the "Play Trailer" button under the Bonus Features, but that didn't even work for me on the original copy, so maybe they forgot to include it. :doh:

Oh, and don't forget to change the Volume Label to ELEVATOR.

I exited AnyDVD, copied the files from the DVD to the hard disk (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder) into its own folder (Elevator), then attempted to watch it with my DVD viewer (off the hard drive). Movie worked great for the first 35 minutes, then it exits. Tried fast forwarding past 35 minutes and it exits that way as well.

Something isn't right. I've done this before with unencrypted DVDs.

Randy

I got the same error message as xtremevideoinc117 -- I also rented x 2, from Redbox, released 8/28/12 by them, same errors, could not rip,shrink or clonemobile.....

any news ?

what is the status with the fix for ELEVATOR. D/L ed latest version from sandbox and tried ripping to folder and still didnt work. Got to the very end and recieved IFO 6 error

I exited AnyDVD, copied the files from the DVD to the hard disk (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder) into its own folder (Elevator), then attempted to watch it with my DVD viewer (off the hard drive). Movie worked great for the first 35 minutes, then it exits. Tried fast forwarding past 35 minutes and it exits that way as well.

Something isn't right. I've done this before with unencrypted DVDs.

Randy

Randy you're right. There seems to be some serious structure issues with this disc. My DVD player will play the original disc all the way through as well as my my "drag and drop" copy. I have a few "artifacts" that show up in both the original and my copy. Trailer is missing on both copies.
Since this disc is unprotected I tried some image generation software that does strict sector reads and found several sectors that won't read. CRC32 values for the files on the "factory" disc and mine are consistent as I would expect. It would seem that some drives handle the disc better than others.
I think what we have is a Chinese knock-off.
I'll be very interested with what James finds.

Jon

How is it flawed?

I don't know.
But I know that it has to be because of why "things work the way they work".
Stick around a while and you'll learn the ropes too.

-W

help

has anyone got this to play correctly beyond the 35 min mark? If so, what was the technique used?

Have you tried 7.0.8.0 yet? (If so - report back)

-W

what is the status with the fix for ELEVATOR. D/L ed latest version from sandbox and tried ripping to folder and still didnt work. Got to the very end and recieved IFO 6 error

If you downloaded the latest version of AnyDVD 7.0.8.0, please attach a LOG FILE from that version so the Slysoft Development Team can take a look at it.
Thank You. :)

Back