• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDManager 0 IFOFormat 3 on Faustina movie

Maybe I should just try to access the main ISO files and copy to my hard disk (thinking the 3 largest files in TS Video folders, for the 3 parts on the disc, for the mini-series).

May try this when I get home. If I can fetch those manually, I won't need to rip to disc

Wallcloud is using Windows 8.1. And Windows media player is a great test tool, as it uses Microsoft's DVD navigator library (I'm not sure, if MPC does, too. I believe it does. VLC probably doesn't).
Win 8/8.1 WMP doesn't play DVDs either unless they have 8/8.1 Pro Media Center edition. That is one of the many reasons why I didn't upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8, having to pay more for a higher version than I needed or wanted.

I upgraded to Win 10 knowing full well I would lose Windows native DVD play support in WMP. I already had MPC-HC installed so WMP losing a feature wasn't such a problem for me.

The US$15 (free for a time when people upgrade to Win 10) DVD player store app is a very poor substitute. Even for free it isn't worth the time and internet bandwidth used to download it.

I decided to accept the EULA on PowerDVD 12. It had no problem seeing what I think you guys call the ISO files (in TS Audio & Video files). I updated that software to the latest. It manages to see those files with or without AnyDVD on. However, upon attempting to play, it tells me with the current language, it can't find it in the moovie database or something like that (and that's how it spells movie). This DVD's giving me the original error in the subject line of this post are in Polish, and Spanish, respectively.
Ignore this "Moovieline" crap. Thankfully you can turn it off in settings. But if I understand correctly, PowerDVD 12 will not play this disc? Does it show an error message? And don't buy PowerDVD 15, it won't help you playing back DVDs.
You can try to play another DVD, which doesn't have these problems, just to check, if it would work.

Maybe I should just try to access the main ISO files and copy to my hard disk (thinking the 3 largest files in TS Video folders, for the 3 parts on the disc, for the mini-series).

May try this when I get home. If I can fetch those manually, I won't need to rip to disc
No. Please try to play the disc. DVDs are usually made to be watched. If this fails, something is severely wrong with this disc.

No. Please try to play the disc. DVDs are usually made to be watched. If this fails, something is severely wrong with this disc.

If you are wanting to know if the disc is defective, the answer is no. It plays fine on my DVD player.

I attempted to copy the files from the disc in the TS_VIDEO and TS_AUDIO files with and without AnyDVD running. It will copy, but fails during the paste process on any of the VOB files.

I really think this is some kind of protection issue. It plays fine in a DVD player, but AnyDVDHD at 7.6.9.6 can't rip to disk; I can't copy/paste the files; and a widely used MKV program is getting a "failed to open disc", as well [edit: See my update in a post below - I got this to work]

Last edited:
Update: I managed to get the other program - an MKV program - to handle it. I had tried earlier, but forgot to disable AnyDVD. It's not my preferred file type as it's much bigger, but I know I can change the container later, if space becomes an issue. Right now, it's not.

EDIT: Follow-up. That program chewed through the three parts on the first Avila disc like a knife through dairy queen. 15 minutes and it was done. Would have rather had AnyDVD get it and run through Handbrake, but this will be okay for now.

Last edited:
If you are wanting to know if the disc is defective, the answer is no. It plays fine on my DVD player.
No, I want to know if it plays from your PC drive. But you seem to have it solved.

No, I want to know if it plays from your PC drive. But you seem to have it solved.

Thanks for trying James. Unfortunately, I don't have a video program that can do it on my PC drive. I still think it's a particular kind of protection because I run into it only on these types of DVD's which are for region 1, but in a foreign language, with english subtitles.

Thanks for trying James. Unfortunately, I don't have a video program that can do it on my PC drive. I still think it's a particular kind of protection because I run into it only on these types of DVD's which are for region 1, but in a foreign language, with english subtitles.
It is very possible, that this is a protection. And I really like to know, if your PowerDVD 12 is able to play it.

It is very possible, that this is a protection. And I really like to know, if your PowerDVD 12 is able to play it.

I pretty much stated that it can't, on the basis that it is searching for possible meta-data it can't find at "Moovie" live site. I found something I thought would disable that (like, what if I had a local home movie), but it still keeps coming back with a message that with the current language it can't find it at that site.

So, unless someone can tell me how to make the "Moovie" thing go away, I can't do anything more.

The mere fact that the MKV program I had read the disc in about 2 minutes, then chewed through the chapters I selected to make MKV files in about 18 minutes, says something about that program's ability to get through, and AnyDVD's inability to do so. That smacks of protection.

You can disable moovielive in powerdvd settings, that moovielive thing is nothing more than an in-software version of IMDb.com it has nothing to do with actual playback whatsoever.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back