• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDfab is NOT a good investment.

...Anydvd walks all over dvdfab.

Just a clarification: They are both good programs there is no question about that but...
Here is the way I look at it...(to be fair) they're equally good products. One does more then another. DVDfab does have its cons. :rolleyes:
There are a lot of things fab cannot do that Anydvd HD can do.

I am aware that you can rip blu-ray discs...I wonder how long that would take? :D The only problem is that, the HD upgrade cost more money :bang:
and, the upgrade is never on sale. :agree:

Webbie close my thread when I create post about warning that user has to pay every year for update. As if that was not enough Fab increase price as well. I don't like Clone***, but love Anydvd Hd.

Slysoft All The Way!! :rock::clap::D:agree:

I don't like Clone***, but love Anydvd Hd.

Nothing touches Anydvd HD (it's not even a contest; with dvdfab you're constantly forced to rip first no matter what; dvdfab is not nearly as useful over a network nor with an HTPC; dvdfab just isn't that versatile), but I do agree that Clonedvd would benefit from some new features. I've been bugging the crap out of Elaborate Bytes (and James) for a number of years. So I do feel that some of the points odd_function made are valid. I'm a mod, and I try to help out a lot with Clonedvd (as much as I can), but if I am honest, I do feel Clonedvd would benefit greatly by some significant development.

Last edited:
But I do agree that Clonedvd would benefit from some new features. I've been bugging the crap out of Elaborate Bytes (and James) for a number of years. So I do feel that some of the points odd_function made are valid. I'm a mod, and I try to help out a lot with Clonedvd (as much as I can), but if I am honest, I do feel Clonedvd would benefit greatly by some significant development.

In this case I'd define "significant" as - start over from scratch.
Elby's CloneDVD would do best by reverse engineering DVDShrink and assimilating as much as they can into the next version. :D

I'm not a mod, so I can say I tried it and found it to be the same type of POS to DVD's as AOL is to ISP's - ie If a nOOb needs a playpen to join the club... they provide the diapers.

-W

Last edited:
I have been backing up my dvd's for a long time now. I have both anydvd and dvdfab both installed on my system. I think what is great about dvdfab is that there are many things all built into one program. Dvd fab allows you to use img burn as your burning engine which is a great addition to the program. There is a clone option built into the program main movie if you only want copy the movie and split and split custimize, there are options for jump to main movie and jump to main title. I don't use the dvd mobile options but there are many. When there are issues with new encryptions they are always handled quickly and the rips are always compatible with DVD Shrink which I still use. I like both programs and use them both.

dvdfab are obviously desperate for new custom.
not only are new customers having to renew the product license each year (probably to cover the cost of decyrption updates),they've had a 'discount on all products' for months and months and months.
that is pretty desperate if you ask me:D

Last edited:
Dvd fab allows you to use img burn as your burning engine which is a great addition to the program.

The thing that needs to be clarified is that many of these things you do like would be the responsibility of Clonedvd--not Anydvd.

There is a clone option built into the program main movie if you only want copy the movie

You can do that in Clonedvd.

and split

You can do that in Clonedvd. What you can't do in Clonedvd is join.

and split custimize

I have no idea what that is. But again, the responsibility would be on Clonedvd to do it, not Anydvd.

there are options for jump to main movie and jump to main title.

Those options both exist within Anydvd. However, that feature in Anydvd doesn't work properly with all dvds.

I don't use the dvd mobile options but there are many.

That's what Clonedvd mobile is for.

When there are issues with new encryptions they are always handled quickly and the rips are always compatible with DVD Shrink which I still use.

Both Clonedvd and anydvd ripper produce rips that are perfectly compliant with dvd Shrink--and in many cases, depending on structural protection, you don't even need to rip first if you're using Anydvd. I would say that's a fairly serious disadvantage of using dvdfab with any other program; you're always forced to rip first no matter what. I don't have to rip first, depending on the protection used on the original dvd, if I use Anydvd.

Last edited:
DVDfab

Hi have DVDfab and have had it for over a year and I also have CloneDVD and AnyDVD, CloneDVDMobile and CloneCD. I had Slysoft first and it works great I use DVDfab for getting audio off DVDs and sometimes making copies of movies. I have never had a problem updating any of DVDfabs or Slysoft software. I like Slysoft more because when you update the files are smaller because normally you only need to update Anydvd.
Here is what is on there forms to explane the new pricing plan:

Do I need to pay for upgrades?
For many years, Fengtao Software, Inc. has sold its products with lifetime support and upgrades at no additional charge. The increasing costs of maintaining and improving product feature sets and keeping up with ever changing protection schemes regrettably mean this is no longer possible. Purchases made after May 8, 2008 will include a ONE YEAR software license with full upgrades and support. Renewals will be available for a modest fee. Purchases that were made before the policy change date will continue to receive upgrades and support benefits that never expire. These changes will allow us to continue selling our products at reasonable prices. The positive feedback from the renewal system will make us work even harder to keep our products the best. Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Last edited:
Not to promote DVDFab but this is towards new purchases and not those that already own from what I understand but I still say ditching fab for slysoft exclusively is a good ideal too.

If you bought a DVDFab license prior to May 8, 2008, I believe that was the deadline, then you got a lifetime license, which also included the mobile add-on. I already owned one license, and bought two more licenses before the deadline. Now I own three lifetime licenses of DVDFab and three complete licenses for all SlySoft products. Did I mention that I also own three lifetime licenses of Alcohol 120%? Alcohol-software has a yearly renewal license, but they also have a lifetime license that you can buy for about twice as much. I usually use DVDFab to check the results of AnyDVD, but lately, the programs have been giving widely varying results. It's always nice to be able to compare.

az_raiden

If you bought a DVDFab license prior to May 8, 2008, I believe that was the deadline, then you got a lifetime license, which also included the mobile add-on. I already owned one license, and bought two more licenses before the deadline. Now I own three lifetime licenses of DVDFab and three complete licenses for all SlySoft products. Did I mention that I also own three lifetime licenses of Alcohol 120%? Alcohol-software has a yearly renewal license, but they also have a lifetime license that you can buy for about twice as much. I usually use DVDFab to check the results of AnyDVD, but lately, the programs have been giving widely varying results. It's always nice to be able to compare.

az_raiden

I bought the Slysoft products (AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD2, CloneDVDmobile, and CloneCD) first, before I bought DVDFab last year. Like you, I like to have different programs to have so I can see how one works/not work against a copy protection format and how the other does/doesn't.

Most of the time, Slysoft's software cracks the copy protection first, before DVDFab, but there have been a couple of times (not that often though) when it cracks it before Slysoft.

It's nice to be able to compare products, and I'd recommend both companies, with Slysoft being #1, and DVDFab being #1A.

dvdfab are obviously desperate for new custom.
not only are new customers having to renew the product license each year (probably to cover the cost of decyrption updates),they've had a 'discount on all products' for months and months and months.
that is pretty desperate if you ask me:D

The discount has always been there. It has always said "Today Only".

This is a not uncommon marketing ploy. I've seen it used on other software and it has also been used long before web-based marketing ("offer available for the first 100 callers" or "call within the next 10 minutes...").

Kind of like in the Simpsons when Homer saw an ad for a Mr. Microphone toy:
snpp.com said:
Announcer: ... But order now. Supply is limited.
Homer: Gasp! Limited!?!? [frantically dials the phone] Do you have any of those microphones left?
Clerk: [standing in a warehouse filled to the roof with boxes of microphones] Yeah, a couple...

Companies are always to do what they see fit and of course money makes the world go round. I have a few issues with DVDFab but I'm not going to waste my breath on that. People are free to use if it they like it.

In terms of the change in licensing I do have an issue that seriously irks me. People slammed Slysoft for switching to the Euro. They announced it well in advance and people knew the state of the value of the Euro or could look it up. DVDFab announced they were going to be making a change that began on May 8, 2008 so "you better buy it now" but failed to give any indication of what the exact changes would be. People really only knew what was actually happening after the change took effect. I find marketing like that to be very bad. They got a lot of people to rush to buy the product now and made money off that and will make money off other people later with the yearly subscription. I just see the way they changed their policy as shady. They are free to change it but at least be completely open about what the changes will be BEFORE it takes effect. It could have been handled in a much better way.

exactly.that's why the discount is pointless.
do they (and other companies that say similar things) think we're brainless monkeys? :D

Back