• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDfab is NOT a good investment.

sounds like sour grapes to me :agree:
you should've bought it before the rules changed ;)

for you,and anyone else considering buying it,"DVDfab is NOT a good investment" may well apply.

(not 100%,but i'm sure 1clickdvd also has to be renewed each year to get updates,doesn't it?).

Last edited:
...you should've bought it before the rules changed ;)

I'm kinda new to DVDfab...

...you should've bought it before the rules changed ;)

So, you're trying to say is that DVDfab, IF your an old customer, they won't charge you an every year fees...that doesn't make much sense. :confused:
Is there an option where you pay once and, you don't have to continue paying for the life of the product?

Not to promote DVDFab but this is towards new purchases and not those that already own from what I understand but I still say ditching fab for slysoft exclusively is a good ideal too.

...for you,and anyone else considering buying it,"DVDfab is NOT a good investment" may well apply.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great product worth every penny!!! Works better then Clone*** & Any*** combine....sorry James ;) but, I'm not in the mood to shell up some dough every year when they're are better alternatives out there in the market that once payed, they do not touch your pocket. :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:d

No, it doesn't. :D

No it doesn't huh? OK...
OK, lets compare apples to apples and see which is the better product(s): ;)
viewer discretion is advised :p lets begin...

This is what AnyDVD reads when you insert a DVD+R copy from DVDfab:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2202112 sectors (4301 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THELMA
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This is what AnyDVD reads when you insert a DVD+R copy from CloneDVD2:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+r (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2202112 sectors (4301 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THELMA
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here is a the thing, DVD-rom is more compatible with new DVD players in the
market DVD+R may not read on all DVD players due to this scheme.

DVDfab also has DVDfab mobile....yes I am aware that there is CloneDVD mobile but, you have to download that seperatly...
In addition, DVDfab actually has a read error control option which allows you to automatically remove bad sectors when reading the disc. CloneDVD2 instead will stop.
In DVDfab, there is an option where you can actually remove the most annoying thing ever which is: (PGC) FBI warnings. (which is the best feature btw)

I can continue bashing...The list goes on and on...please don't be offended
I love anyDVD & clone...
However, if you want a simple straight forward program that won't charge for updates then AnyDVD and cloneDVD2 is the way to go ;)
Edit: unlike AnyDVD and cloneDVD2 you only need one program to update.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of things fab cannot do that Anydvd HD can do. Anydvd HD simply does more as a decrypter than dvdfab does. Anydvd doesn't limit me to using one ripping interface or UI as a front end. A number of programs work with Anydvd running in the background. Dvdfab doesn't help me when I want to watch original discs on my computer from other regions. Dvdfab also doesn't help me with anything involving HD-DVDs and Blu-ray; I have no idea what "HD" is doing in the title of DVD HD Decrypter. Dvdfab doesn't offer subtitle transparency on the fly when I want to watch dvd movies. Dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want--faster for almost all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate/New Line/Alliance releases and some discs containing newer structural protections; and for that Anydvd ripper since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink). The fact is Anydvd is the most versatile decrypter available to the Windows OS despite its small size and the tiny amount of system resources it uses. In terms of pure flexibility, Anydvd walks all over dvdfab.

Here is a the thing, DVD-rom is more compatible with new DVD players in the
market DVD+R may not read on all DVD players due to this scheme.

With respect to Clonedvd, well, I've named a lot of things in the past that I think need to be updated, so I'm not even going to attempt to debate those points (except all of my backups, regardless of what program they are made by, are booktyped to "dvd-rom" automatically due to using MCSE and Plextools). I agree with a lot of points that you did make; I think some of those features would be well suited to Clonedvd. You should realize that when you skip over read errors with fab though, you are losing material (regardless of whether you notice it), period. But I do know that many people would like that feature.

Your comment concerning Clonedvd mobile, I disagree with. I feel it's better not to have Anydvd integrated with other programs so that I can pick and choose to use what I want.

that won't charge for updates

You should check out what happened to dvdidle customers.

Last edited:
yep :mad: after a year even though you paided for it, it STILLS expires...and, you are REQUIRED to pay again :(...ironic isn't it?

Just a clarification: DVDFab does not expire after your subscription runs out - you're just not entitled to updates unless you pay the annual renewal fee (which is a substantial discount of the original license fee). This policy is made clear on the purchase page, "When license expires, no further upgrades or support will be available, but the product will continue to operate". For some reason this policy is not made as clear in the FAQ.

Whether this makes DVDFab too expensive or not is for each person to decide.

Pfttt. Old news. DVDFab is too buggy for my liking. A quick look at their forum shows you that. Yeah sure every program has its bugs, but DVDFab seems to have the same re-occurring bugs, crashes and non-compliant outout with each release. I can do anything DVDFab can do with AnyDVD and a few free programs and STILL, be at peace of mind when it comes to a working output.

Isn't that right Slyfox 1? ;)

...DVDFab does not expire after your subscription runs out - you're just not entitled to updates unless you pay the annual renewal fee ...

Thanks, I was unaware of that :doh:

Purchases made after May 8, 2008 will include a ONE YEAR software license...

If what your saying is true...
The website should really fix the FAQ and make it more clear :p

Back