• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDFab Cinavia Crap

Oh what a surprise that is lol, those that really knew it wasnt a solution know this was bound to happen sooner or later. That's just another loophole closed :)

and it's not so much that the loophole was closed. We are all used to that cat and mouse game (think BD+).

The tragedy of the situation is that Fab users created disks based on that "solution" that cannot be undone. If something was available to remove the BD-Rec encryption, it wouldn't be such a bad situation other than the time it would take to go back and remove it from all your disks.

But users are now faced with having a bunch of useless plastic if they've already upgraded the PS3 (which no doubt they will be forced to upgrade). The authors of DVDFab should have warned it's customers that this would be an issue down the road. As it is, they sold it to them as the ultimate solution short of removing Cinavia and unfortunately some purchased the snake oil.

And THAT folks is why you don't use encryption to defeat encryption!!

Posted in the DVDFab forums:

Cinavia Alert:

Please be aware that PS3 firmware >= v4.10 will no longer see DVDFab Cinavia solution (BDMV-REC) discs as a trusted source, which negates the Cinavia solution. Do not update the PS3 firmware to v4.10 or later if you want the DVDFab backups to continue to play in your PS3. Check the Cinavia thread in the Blu-ray Copy forum below for questions/discussion of this issue. Work towards a removal-type solution continues.

As I said from the beginning. Now all these BDMV-REC discs can be used as frisbees.

I am not surprised at all. However it will be challenge to hide code from competitors for cinavia removal. Since they tend to copy other people ideas and code. (No wonder there gui has monkey, which represent them very well) :D

Last edited:
I kinda feel sorry for the suckers that bought into the DVDFab "promise" that they actually did something about Cinavia instead of exploiting an implementation error with a quickie hack.

Ok, I'm over the pity, and am very glad I'm waiting for a true solution from Slysoft.

I found this on another forum and seems to be interesting. I don't know if there is any truth to this or not but worth a shot.

hmmmm.. i made a strange discovery... ive been studying audio with this protection and i noticed everyone is looking for a embeded sound in the audio file, but i noticed that about every 20 seconds for about 1/30th of a second there is a missing gap of sound.. strange.. this occurs every 20 sec and every 3 gaps are a dif size then they repeat again. i think this may be the code you're looking for. it's not embedded sound.. it's missing sound being read by the player and i bet the size indicates to the player what code to generate!

Back