• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[DVD] Won't copy Indiana Jones Crystal Skull

Chronicles of a freeze

5 different movies?.

Yes 5 different movies

You must have be confused with someone who is being paid to help you..

I am really sorry you are not paid for your work, not my fault

If you want my assistance, lose the attitude and provide a new log file using this new drive you bought.

Mine is the attitude of a person who is trying to understand why a new high end PC who runs any software perfectly can't run AnyDVD & CloneDVD.
Remember I am trying to explain all this in English that is not my mother language.
Anyway this is a new log of another try, this time Gladiator that ended in a freeze like any other.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_GLADIATOR.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 4
I am really sorry you are not paid for your work, not my fault

My point is I do not have any obligation to assist you, so if you're going to be rude towards me, think twice.

HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR-H30N 1.00

This is not a new drive. It's the same OEM LG drive.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.7.6)

1. Use the latest version of Anydvd

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

That feature does not work properly with all discs and may even make some unplayable.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Go into device manager, and check to ensure you're using standard Microsoft ide busmaster drivers.

Right click on your PCI IDE Bus Master controller, and remove it. Ensure that it also removes the driver for your DVD/CD rom. Reboot. Your system should find hardware. After your system is finished installing hardware, reboot again.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=48880&postcount=20 to get a better idea of what I'm asking for if you're using Vista.

And if that does work, then there's something the matter with your drive, your drivers, or your ide busmaster controller on your motherboard.

Brand new computers are using IDE/atapi burners still?

Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors but I don't think it's significant because I tried with other three Video DVD, same all.

This is rather significant. It indicates the problem has nothing to do with Anydvd. Your system can't read discs properly.

Last edited:
Problem detected

This is not a new drive. It's the same OEM LG drive..

No this is a new drive of the same model.

Anyway I found the cause of the problem myself, as you can see my optical drives are attached to a JMicron controller, the thing is ANYDVD is not supporting that.
How could I know? Simple: I uninstalled AnyDVD and made a scan with Nero cd-dvd speed, result: 100 % good.
Reinstalled AnyDVD 6.4.7.9 and had lot of errors: the AnyDVD .dll driver is not compatible with JMicron drivers.
For the other matter I thought that being a mod you were a slysoft man, sorry.
I never wanted to be rude and apologize for bothering you so long.
I beg you to communicate this prob to the AnyDVD developers so they can fix it in the next ver.
Thanks a lot for your patience and for your help.

Attachments

• Snap 01.jpg
    Snap 01.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Snap02.jpg
    Snap02.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
as you can see my optical drives are attached to a JMicron controller, the thing is ANYDVD is not supporting that.

I have a J-Micron controller on my motherboard as does Drinkyleanddie. My girlfriend's computer also uses a J-Micron IDE controller.

Anydvd works fine with with these controllers--but J-Micron drivers can cause problems (they are often buggy), which is why I wrote step 3 in my previous reply.

In fact, I have that exact same J-Micron JMB36X controller in my system. Anydvd works fine.

Do you happen to have raid enabled?

I would go through step 3 from my previous reply, and if that doesn't work, look for updated drivers for your J-micron controller: http://www.jmicron.com/Driver.htm

Last edited:
I have a J-Micron controller on my motherboard as does Drinkyleanddie. My girlfriend's computer also uses a J-Micron IDE controller.

Anydvd works fine with with these controllers--but J-Micron drivers can cause problems (they are often buggy), which is why I wrote step 3 in my previous reply.

In fact, I have that exact same J-Micron JMB36X controller in my system. Anydvd works fine.

Do you happen to have raid enabled?

I would go through step 3 from my previous reply, and if that doesn't work, look for updated drivers for your J-micron controller: http://www.jmicron.com/Driver.htm

Well my friend I am upset as can be! :bang:
I followed the instructions of your previous reply EXACTLY, that is:

1) Removed J-Micron drivers and rebooted twice
2) My system found hardware and installed, as you can see, standard Microsoft drivers
3) Run Nero cd-dvd speed: lot of errors

I went to the JMicron ftp site but they have many drivers for this controller and I don't know which to install, I am not hoping one of them will solve the prob either :(, and the more confusion thing: when you start the installation the prog ask you what do you want to install? sata - scsi or standard ide?
boh...

You say: I have that exact same J-Micron JMB36X controller in my system

Can you tell me how it is configured and which drivers are you using?
Thanks.

Attachments

• MIcrosoft 1.jpg
    MIcrosoft 1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 5
  • MIcrosoft 2.jpg
    MIcrosoft 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
  • JMicron.jpg
    JMicron.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 3
The log

Here's the log with Microsoft drivers

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_GLADIATOR.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 4
You say: I have that exact same J-Micron JMB36X controller in my system

Thanks.

O.k., I have a motherboard that's based on an Intel X48 chipset. I'm using a quard core Intel cpu (like you) that I overclock. I also have Raid enabled.

I have 3 Sata burners and one Plextor PX-760a (atapi/ide) burner installed. I also have 3 Sata hard drives installed (two of them are in RAID 0).

Here's the problem: when RAID is enabled on SATA ports with these high-end Intel based motherboards, there tends to be IRQ issues (not enough resources) when the IDE controller is enabled in bios. This causes all sort of problems.

That's why I asked if you have RAID enabled.

So I disabled my on-board ide controller in bios, and I bought a cheap PCIe add-on card that has both ide and sata ports. It uses the J-Micron controller. I plug my Plextor PX-760a (ide/atapi) into that card. I plug all of my Sata drives into my motherboard.

I am using these drivers, currently in Vista 64 bit SP1 and in XP Pro 32 bit SP3: http://www.byteccusa.com/download/bt-pesapa.rar

Last edited:
Another try

Ok I decided to try the JMicron drivers you can see as attachment, no special reason just by luck (but I don't have any luck) and installed it with the option "Standard IDE Drivers".
Maybe they are not the most suited, don't know.

You can see what my config is now in device manager.
After that I run Nero CD-DVD speed this time with AnyDVD in memory (should I have done this by the beginning? Don't forget I am dumb!) result: no errors 100 % good.
Then I started the DVD copying: freeze as usual! :bang:
Finally I took a closer look at the device manager and noticed that the drivers of the ATA channel 1, where both the player and the burner are attached, are by Microsoft and that the UDMA mode of the two drives are different, one is mode 2 and the other is mode 4, this looks pretty odd, they are on the same channel, but I don't know if this is normal or not.

My only hope is in what you said about your system:

"In fact, I have that exact same J-Micron JMB36X controller in my system. Anydvd works fine

If it is working for you there is no reason it should not be working for me!

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• JMB36X_WinDrv_R1.17.42.09WHQL.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • Jmicron IDE 1.jpg
    Jmicron IDE 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Jmicron IDE 2.jpg
    Jmicron IDE 2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Jmicron IDE 3.jpg
    Jmicron IDE 3.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 3
I forgot to say I have no RAID enabled, just two HD in single.

attachment.php

Do not put both your Samsung (TSSTcorp) and your OEM LG (HL-DT-ST) drive on the same ide channel if possible. The reason is only one ide device can be active on the same channel at one time. Consequently, this increases the chance that your drives' buffer underrun protection will need to be engaged, and poor burn quality will be the result. But if you have no choice, then you have no choice. It is better not to have source and destination devices sharing the same ide/ata channel.

1) How many ide/atapi ports do you have: one or two?

a) If you have only one, then
i) use an 80 wire cable.
ii) Set the jumper on the back of one drive to master
iii) Set the jumper on the back of the other drive to slave
iv) Blue (sometimes red) end of the cable goes into the motherboard; black end represents master. Grey end goes to the slave device. I have no idea how your computer is set up. But on one cable, one device must be master, and the other must be slave on the same cable. Your drives need to be jumpered accordingly.

b) If you have two ide/atapi ports, use two different 80 wire cables

ide8040pin.jpg
(from www.mikeshardware.com)

just two HD in single.

Are they Sata?

Last edited:
Are they Sata?

They are both SATA, 2 Western Digital 750 GB each.

I have no idea about the detailed config of my system, if you want I can post a hardware report (Everest or similar, suggest me which).

I am quite sure that the burner is set as master and the player as slave.

To be sincere in my old PC (Athlon 64 3700) I had them on the same IDE channel, burner master and player slave, the only HD as master on the other IDE channel and never had any problem with AnyDVD and CloneDVD.
Copied tons of movies, considering the copy is not made on the fly: CloneDVD first reads the movie DVD and writes the image to the HD and after that the burner writes it to the recordable disc.

I am simply trying to do the same thing with my new PC and fail!

Does it matter that AnyDVD and CloneDVD are installed on HD C: and the DVD image is written on HD D:?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Sata HD.jpg
    Sata HD.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2
I am simply trying to do the same thing with my new PC and fail!

Yeah, if you have more than one ide channel, my advice still stands. If you have more that one ide port, move one of those drives off of the same cable. And also ensure that you're using an 80 wire cable.

Does it matter that AnyDVD and CloneDVD are installed on HD C: and the DVD image is written on HD D:?

No. That doesn't matter.

Also check to ensure that DMA is enabled for both drives: http://club.cdfreaks.com/1712831-post6.html

Last edited:
Odisseus, since this is a brand new computer, have you set the region code on the optical drives? Sometimes that are not preset by the factory and this can cause weird problems.

Odisseus, since this is a brand new computer, have you set the region code on the optical drives? Sometimes that are not preset by the factory and this can cause weird problems.

The LG drive isn't new, and its region code is set.

AnyDVD can't copy any DVD (on my current PC)

Latest update on my unsolved prob:

Well, I did anything that you told me to do and the result is...NO WAY!

I got a Vendetta 2 too and now my CPU temp is lower than my own body's!:)
The reason why AnyDVD (latest ver tested too) won't work on my current PC remains unknown.
Fortunately I have an old PC (Athlon 64 3800) where it works perfectly under Win XP and I am going to copy my DVDs there from now on.
Useless to say that the old PC has 2 IDE channels with the only HD on one of them and DVD burner and player both on the second one (master and slave), AnyDVD doesn't mind about that! :D
The only assumption I can think of is that AD conflicts with some other software, I have Nero 9 and Imgburn as burning progs other than AD, under Vista but I can't identify which one it is.
Well I've been using AnyDVD for years on several PCs and never had any prob, this one may be one of the bad gifts of Vista for my PC configuration, a lot of people complains Vista for many reasons.
Thank you for trying to help me.

I have Nero 9 and Imgburn as burning progs other than AD, under Vista but I can't identify which one it is.

I have Nero 9 as well with no issues (but I hate how long Nero 9 takes to install).

Something weird is going on with respect to your system. Unfortunately, I'm out of suggestions.

I have Nero 9 as well with no issues (but I hate how long Nero 9 takes to install).

Something weird is going on with respect to your system. Unfortunately, I'm out of suggestions.

No worry I am sure there are not problemless PCs out there! 8)

But I bet Vista is somehow involved, maybe Windows 7 will come back to safer reliability but MS seems to be on the wrong way, OS's are getting heavier and heavier and more and more problematic.
I am sure you too had your own nuisances with Vista like anyother.
Bad news are that they won't implement the microkernel in Win 7, but MS is not as innovative as it was in its first releases.
Maybe Bill Gates is getting old!:D

I am sure you too had your own nuisances with Vista like anyother.

I hate User Account Control. It's the first thing I disabled . . .

Do you want to allow this?
Are you sure you want to do that?
Are you sure?
You positive?
Etc.

I hate UAC.

Do you still have both optical drives on ATA channel 0?

Is there any way you can move one drive to ATA channel 1?

I really wish I could figure out why you're having this problem. It doesn't make any sense.

Back