• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[DVD] Won't copy Indiana Jones Crystal Skull

Odisseus

Anydvd 6.4.7.9 and CloneDVD 2.9.2.0.

When reading the DVD (italian) and writing the DVD file the PC freezes randomly (8 %, 10 %, 12 % of reading), I can hear speakers howling and must hard-reset.
Tried three times: same all.
Attaching log.

What can I do? Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_INDIANA_JONES_CRYSTAL_SKULL.zip
    83.7 KB · Views: 14
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

Reset your AnyDVD preferences to default.

1. Open the AnyDVD preferences
  2. Click on the Default button.
  3. Click OK.

From your logs I see that you have filters that can be problematic installed. I would recommend removing them.

InCDPass (system32\DRIVERS\InCDPass.sys), Version: 6.0.1.250 (6.0.1.250)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD
Copyright: Copyright 2008 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero InCD RW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 6, 0, 1, 250
ProductVersion: 6, 0, 1, 250

InCDRm (system32\DRIVERS\InCDRm.sys), Version: 6.0.1.250 (6.0.1.250)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 2008 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 6, 0, 1, 250
ProductVersion: 6, 0, 1, 250

I would recommend uninstalling InCD since you also have some processes running related to it.

Remove the listed filters by doing the following:

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "InCDPass". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Select "InCDRm". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  6. Reboot

Whatever programs installed those filters will no longer work properly. If you reinstall the software that installed the filters then the filters will be installed on your system again. I do not recommend doing this.

Making these changes will help you dealing with discs down the road that may appear to be problematic due to the filters, themselves, creating a problem.

Remember, I'd also advise unisntalling InCD altogether since removing these filters won't uninstall the whole program and you have 2 processes running that are releated to it.

PID: 2800: InCDSrv.exe
PID: 2896: NBHRegInCDSrv.exe

Please post logs when you've done what I listed above and see if the changes have made any difference in backing up this disc.

Problem NOT solved

I followed your instructions exactly but no use, all is the same as before: PC freeze and speakers howling.

I never had any prob using AnyDVD before this, maybe this ver is somehow defective?

Here's the new logfile.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_INDIANA_JONES_CRYSTAL_SKULL.zip
    83.7 KB · Views: 6
I never had any prob using AnyDVD before this, maybe this ver is somehow defective?

No. And there's nothing interesting with respect to protection on this disc either

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

2. Freezing can also be caused by hardware issues. Typically overheating (open up your computer case; check for dust in fans, etc.) and faulty power supplies (get yours tested by a technician) are common problems.

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
Look at this

My PC is brand new and the DVD either, it's very well cooled and never had any prob even playing the most resource absorbing games.

But look at this, the AnyDVD status windows I see in the prog is completely different from the one you can see in the log, I wonder why.

Attachments

• AnyDVD Snap.jpg
    AnyDVD Snap.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
But look at this, the AnyDVD status windows I see in the prog is completely different from the one you can see in the log, I wonder why.

That's normal. The A.I. scanner is forced on when log files are produce. And it doesn't matter if your PC is brand new. Go through the steps I listed.

Soft or hard prob?

Nero cd-dvd speed tells me 100% good when scanning one dvd-r I burnt some time ago.
You understand I have to solve this prob, I can't stay without DVD copying capabilities!
What do you think of my DVD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR-H30N ?
Maybe it is not compatible with AnyDVD?
Thanks.

Nero cd-dvd speed tells me 100% good when scanning one dvd-r I burnt some time ago.

I didn't tell you to scan a dvd-r. I told you to scan the original disc. You need to test the original disc.

I didn't tell you to scan a dvd-r. I told you to scan the original disc. You need to test the original disc.

Ok excuse me for being dumb! :eek: I'll test the original.

Meanwhile I did another test: simply tried AnyDVD reading of the original disc using my burner instead of my player.
Well the result was exactly the same: freeze.
I think, correct me if I am wrong, this means it is a soft problem.
I know it can be hard to detect but there must be a way, I can't throw AnyDVD in the trash can!
Thanks for all your help.

Meanwhile I did another test: simply tried AnyDVD reading of the original disc using my burner instead of my player.
Well the result was exactly the same: freeze.
I think, correct me if I am wrong, this means it is a soft problem.
I know it can be hard to detect but there must be a way, I can't throw AnyDVD in the trash can!
Thanks for all your help.

Nothing in your logs stands out as a problem. Everything appears normal.

AnyDVD should have no issues with your DVD drive.

As Webslinger noted there is nothing special about the protections on this release. Even if there was your system shouldn't be freezing up. AnyDVD should not have issues with this disc and any reported problems have been resolved. No one has reported their system freezing up.

It is, possibly, a hardware issue or a system configuration issue. I cannot diagnose that.

Looks to me like the original disk could be bad. VERY common lately.

-W

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Well I bought a new DVD player and I tried AnyDVD reading: freeze!

Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors but I don't think it's significant because I tried with other three Video DVD, same all.

State of the art: I can't copy ANY DVD! :bang:

You have a bad original disc even if it plays fine.

I tried 5 different original discs but AnyDVD won't copy any of them, is that so difficult to understand?

AnyDVD is NOT WORKING on my system!, that's all! :bang:

I tried 5 different original discs but AnyDVD won't copy any of them, is that so difficult to understand?

AnyDVD is NOT WORKING on my system!, that's all! :bang:

The problem is that no one else is reporting a similar problem with this disc and the disc doesn't have any special protection on it.

Entire batches of discs can be pressed badly and sold. I had to return a DVD 10 times one time because it was badly pressed using cheap quality materials.

If this is the only disc causing the problem and no other discs cause a problem then I have to wonder. Without anyone else giving input on their experience with the Region 2 release of this disc it's nearly impossible to assist you.

The problem you are having and consequent problems could be caused by a really flawed disc or a hardware problem.

If you want help your going to have to accept our suggestions and recommendations in trying to help you. If you don't want to accept suggestions then that's completely within your rights and ours to not assist.

Last edited:
I tried 5 different original discs

5 different movies?

is that so difficult to understand?

You must have be confused with someone who is being paid to help you.

If you want my assistance, lose the attitude and provide a new log file using this new drive you bought.

Back