• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvd ripping issue

x23a1s

Hey there,

im absolutely new to this but already figured out to patch my slim bu40n slim drive to the mk version, so far everything worked out perfectly.

I try now to rip my first dvd with makemkv. After some time, sometimes faster, sometimes less faster it simply stops writing or it stops writing and anydvd is doing like its initializing the dvd again.

Hope anybody can point me in the right direction or help me.
Also sorry if i posted in the wrong directory.

Greetings
x23a1s

At first it stops writing, then a few issues appear in the log in makemkv.Screenshot 2022-08-01 204308.png

A few minutes after that, any dvd acts as would it initialize the dvd as you insert it the first time and then in makemkv everything aborts Screenshot 2022-08-01 203117.png

Please post an AnyDVD log file and not screenshots from Makemkv. That program has it's own forum. Right click the fox in the tray and choose "Create log file". Then post it.

Please post an AnyDVD log file and not screenshots from Makemkv. That program has it's own forum. Right click the fox in the tray and choose "Create log file". Then post it.

im sorry but thanks for helping out
attached the needed file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_E_DVD_VIDEO.ziplog
    123.1 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the log file. What do you want to do? Play the disc or rip it to hard disc? Ideally you should use CloneDVD with AnyDVD running in the background for ripping. But you can also right click AnyDVD to "Rip video to hard disc". Does that work?

not tried it yet with clonedvd or the anydvd feature.... but will give it a try now....
i want to rip it to hard disc in a good format like .mkv... what can i use after ripping to hard disc (if it works) to convert it to a mkv file ? clonebd ?

CloneBD only works with BDs. Regarding the main movie as mkv for DVDs you best bet for MKV is Makemkv or Handbrake.

CloneBD only works with BDs. Regarding the main movie as mkv for DVDs you best bet for MKV is Makemkv or Handbrake.

yeah already noticed it with clonebd ;-)

is there kind of a perfect way ripping my dvd/bluray collection to hard disk and have it in a file format that saves disk space but not in terms of quality ?

btw, clonedvd nor anydvd is working to save that disk to harddrive...
it stops at a random time, also i hear the drive slowing down to 0 noise when it happens

Is this an original disc or a copy burned to disc? I have indications from the log file that this is a copy. If yes, it's just a bad copy.

Clean the disc and try again. As a last resort you can try to copy VTS_01_1.VOB from the VIDEO_TS folder to hard disc with Windows Explorer. This is the main movie. AnyDVD has to run in the background.

the only thing what i could imagine is that the slim drive enclosure produces the issues....
can you recommend a well known drive enclose for the lg bu40n slimdrive that works good ?
i also tried a bluray and the same happened....

If it is connected to USB2 it does not get enough power. Connect to USB3 or use both enclosure connectors if it has two. Don't use a passive hub but one with a power supply.

If it is connected to USB2 it does not get enough power

That's not true if you use the proper cable. That drive has 2 cables, 1 of them has 2 type A ports, where the secondary A-plug is for additional power

it has 2 connectors with 1 usb 3 and 1 usb 2....
i connected both.....

you guys dont think its a drive enclosure issue ?
can you recommend a good one pls.

i connected both.....

First try different discs to distinguish if it is related to this disc or anything else.

i connected both.....

Then your drive is if you connected it with the blue one alone, it's already getting enough power. You don't need to connect the 2nd one. That second one is there purely if you don't have any usb 3 ports on your system. Then you need to connect both plugs into usb 2 ports. What springs to mind with me, is the "odd" makeup of the disc. It's "region free" as in marked as playable in all regions yet it has CSS. That's highly unusual. @James should take a look here.

8.6.2.0 wasn't working for The Little Things DVD, 8.6.2.3 Beta is working.

Back